Something to be said about the optimism

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lay back and enjoy the win today... I thought the Packers would do it! I know that the most of you on this board was writing the Packers off and somewhere along the line I thought that too but being the faithful optimist, I thought we will win.

I also thought that ther Packers were easily the better team out there and I think a great deal of credit goes to the coaching staff to not have the players give up and pack it in.

The way it was going, I think it would have been easy to just pack it in as many o0f the so called armchair coaches on this forum and others wanted to.

I guess THAT is why they coach and many of the so called "fans" whine.

Good job Mr. Sherman. I hope we can keep playing with that intensity...

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shermans reaction on the bad fg snap should show that he cares what happens.

am i the only one that watched the game wind down and think we should beat mn next week, at philly isn't as scary as it used to be, we got the bears twice and next thing you know, you're thinking 8-7 div champs?

GreenNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree...Bret played with Fire in his belly. The D showed up.
100 yard performance by Gado...takes pressure off the passing game...opens things up...as Tom Jackson from ESPN said.."nice balance attack". Driver looked good. All facets played well...Kicking game, D and O Line...Barnett and Brady Popinga...the packer from BYU...looked good chasing Vick at the sticks. Good game plan...nice mix of pass and run...

We have lost 5 games by less than a TD...what if....

Hey..speaking of obtimism...if we win the rest...and the bears falter some...we could still win the North...ya here der. Uff da.

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should be able to take it to the Vikings at home next week, and agreed, Philly isn't scary at all anymore. if they can get on a roll they could pull it off. Lord knows maybe it's just me being stuck down here where they get shoved down my throat everyday on the radio, but the Bears are most certainly not scary, though around here you'd think it was 85 again.. What a joke.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw Sherman get pissed about the botched FG - but wasn't that Flanny's fault?

I also saw the Team - start to ignore the Coaching Staff.
I saw Brett Favre out there chewin' his guys out as if no one else mattered.
To me? I think the Team, the Players... are who deserve all the credit today.

How many times did we see run plays called when a 5-yd screen pass was the way to go and a chance to keep the rhythm, as well.....? Eh?

There "are" some statements on that 'other' web site which merit consideration... and today - it showed in hunter's orange.....! I said they'd go after Ahmad Carroll today - and the ref's did exactly that...

I also saw the Coaching Staff attempt to pull a Marty Ball game, as well.... AND, Brett made sure to not let that happen = I smell a Locker room takeover..... what do you think? Next week, against Minnesota, at Lambeau, will tell us more.....

I could be wrong with my assessment - but too many times did the Coaches call run plays when short screen passes were what any other Team would have done. Go back and look.

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"How many times did we see run plays called when a 5-yd screen pass was the way to go and a chance to keep the rhythm, as well.....? Eh?"

Who says that the screen pass will go 5 yards? or 3 or 20?

Do we forget that we are just fans?

Reaction score
IPBprez said:

How many times did we see run plays called when a 5-yd screen pass was the way to go and a chance to keep the rhythm, as well.....? Eh?

There "are" some statements on that 'other' web site which merit consideration... and today - it showed in hunter's orange.....! I said they'd go after Ahmad Carroll today - and the ref's did exactly that...

I also saw the Coaching Staff attempt to pull a Marty Ball game, as well.... AND, Brett made sure to not let that happen = I smell a Locker room takeover..... what do you think? Next week, against Minnesota, at Lambeau, will tell us more.....

I could be wrong with my assessment - but too many times did the Coaches call run plays when short screen passes were what any other Team would have done. Go back and look.

Whats up with you dude? You sound more like 66 every day. MS has the locker room in check. He still has the support of his players. You suggest that inorder to have clock management, we implement screen passes? You have to remember, Gado is still only 2 weeks old in the O. He just needs to focus on the little things before we can throw more stuff at him. You have to admit, MS did the job when it mattered most. So did the players. It was a collective win, and proof that this team CAN WIN with MS as the coach.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I felt worse going into this game than any this season. On the road, in a Dome, against an NFC favorite, with a depleted roster. I had low expectations going into the game. It feels good to be wrong :)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry AADP = that's just the way almost everyone in our Clubhouse was remarking the way this game went. The only real positives were when they let Favre actually use the WCO properly. And, besides... what's wrong with screen passes? You wanna explain that to everyone here?

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I have posting since training camp. the Packer are going to be a work in progress and would be better in middle of season and much better at end, but I didn't know if the would be good enough to win the NFC North. But that was before we lost just about all our skilled players are offense. All this team had to eliminate the stupid penalties and keep the turnovers to a minimum. There is fine line between winning and losing in NFL. As the Packers showed in losing 6 games by 26 points. The Packer defense has been improving every week and is very young. Keeping Vick pretty well in check last Sunday and beating a 6-2 Falcon team in a dome might just cure the losing jitters this team was encountering in first half of the season. All the remaining games on Packer schedule are winable, that is if Packers can build on what happen Sunday against a good Falcon team. But with this team minus many of their skilled players and many very young players playing, who knows ? As old NfL saying goes You play one game at a time.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Way to go Brett....Way to rally the troops...

You are..and always have been..."the true leader" of this team...!

(way to take things in your hands..keep it up)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da pack.......you nailed it. IPB may as well change his moniker to pack66. Read his "article" last week. Every loss is on Sherman. They come out and win this week it is despite Sherman. "I smell a lockerroom takeover"....my guess is that you've never even smelled a lockerroom.

All credibility is lost IPB. When you can't be objective anymore than you nothing but a pack66.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:

I am with you Prez I fell just about the same, anyway I liked to see Sherman can fire up maybe we have good things ahead !!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:

am i the only one that watched the game wind down and think we should beat mn next week, at philly isn't as scary as it used to be, we got the bears twice and next thing you know, you're thinking 8-7 div champs?

I was thinking about it also, maybe it was me and a lot of Corona but:

Bears 6-3, with 2 games vs the Pack if we beat them we get as close as 2 games from them and as you say Philly is not that scary this year, but Seattle is so we need to win all the games that we have left to get to 9-7.

The bad point the bears have won 5 in a row, the good one they play the Panthers and bucanners before they play us for the first time and then they play Steelers and Falcons before our second game, this sound to me as at least 3 losses for Da bears before our second game..

We also have IMHO a much nicer schedule for the rest of the season than that of the Kitties and a nicer one than the queenies..

So hope dies last !!!!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
The bad point the bears have won 5 in a row, the good one they play the Panthers and bucanners before they play us for the first time and then they play Steelers and Falcons before our second game

good call Chamako..

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
sixone220 said:

I was thinking about it also, maybe it was me and a lot of Corona but:

Bears 6-3, with 2 games vs the Pack if we beat them we get as close as 2 games from them and as you say Philly is not that scary this year, but Seattle is so we need to win all the games that we have left to get to 9-7.

The bad point the bears have won 5 in a row, the good one they play the Panthers and bucanners before they play us for the first time and then they play Steelers and Falcons before our second game, this sound to me as at least 3 losses for Da bears before our second game..

We also have IMHO a much nicer schedule for the rest of the season than that of the Kitties and a nicer one than the queenies..

So hope dies last !!!!

There is no doubt that the Bears have already played the easy half of their season and that their second test will be next week (the first test was against Cincinatti). What is also known is that the Bears have beaten the teams they needed to to get to their 6-3 record (except Cleveland). Also keep in mind that by the time the Bears play the Pack, there may be an improvement at QB in Rex Grossman (yet to be determined). It should be a very interesting stretch towards the end of the year.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Did you guys read about Benson being carted off the field, yesterday?

Click here ----- Benson taken off the Field
Benson's leg twisted awkwardly underneath him as he was being tackled by defensive tackle Isaac Sopoaga. Benson exited after rushing for 50 yards on 12 carries.

That was a nasty twist. Not too sure how long he'll be out yet. One offensive position the Bears are deep in is RB, so I am not too worried. Peterson picked up the slack and Jones will probably be back next week.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is something to be said for veteran leadership. Brett obvously has it. Henderson displayed some fire last week against the Steelers. The O-line claims Flanagan(union rep) shows leadership on the line. I do not know if Flanagan will be signed in the off season. Henderson keeps earning his spot annually though many keep looking for a replacement.

I would like to see Henderson given a new contract. Flanagan with injury concerns is a coinflip. If no contract I would like to see Ruegamer stay.

I like Ted Thompson getting many new players to restock the line up. There is a role for some of the older players. Favre has earned the right to bark at any player not in tune with the offense and not showing fire to win. It holds a team together and can provide guidance that coaches just cannot. The defense was improved when Hunt and Sharper negative influences were removed. The young defense is coming together as a unit. Leadership will emerge from that group based on competence not size of the contract.

I think the next few years the future of the Packers looks good. This year, depite the complaints of some fans about the results, is a good one in building the Pack.

Latest posts