1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Something that makes you wonder

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by PackFaninBucLand, Jun 27, 2007.

1. PackFaninBucLand

PackFaninBucLand Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    NFL's horrifying secret

Is the game that we love to watch more than anything other athletic event, the game that is so exhilarating, the game that stirs our emotions nearly 12 months out of the year, the game that is so illustrious on the outside - really rotten on the inside?

I remember as a child of about 13 years old getting an autograph from Mike Webster as he watched our parochial baseball game. He was such a nice guy, and so accomodating that I never forgot it and always pulled for him throughout his storied career.

2. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    awww thats a sad story to be addicted to painkillers and to die aged 50 is sad.

3. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    its a really sad story

4. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We had Mike Websters brother locked up in a prison (maximum security) that I worked in.
    Mike would come to visit his brother quite often. He was always friendly and respectful of staff.
    His brother was a model prisoner and Mike always made sure his brother had money in his account.

When I heard about the sad demise of Mike Webster awhile back I was shocked.

5. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Mike Webster was a monster on the field during his playing days....sad, sad, sad.