Something Nobody wants to think about but ?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying they wouldn't take him back, or that I would do this, but one reason would be that his cap number will be approaching, I believe, 12 million the next few years.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick gets paid more and produces less.

Favres numbers exceed Mannings this year but not the salary.

Dree Brees gets Nine point something million.

If the Packers need help they will ask him. In a tight year like 05 they did not ask, hint, or imply. 06 there is a lot of money available and they will not ask.

In 03 Andrew Brandt said they needed to get Brett some money so that they did not have a problem at the end of his career. He now has gotten to the point where his departure will not harm the the Packers. When they get to this point you want to dump the guy who has reworked his contract at least 4 times without a squawk!!

The Packers need Brett more than Brett needs the Packers. Brett will likely obtain all major passing records at the end of 2007 season. In 08 he can start the season at age 38 and build on those.

I don't understand Packer "fans" wanting to throw Brett on the scrapheap of history with a gleam in their eye. He has a better than 50% shot at being called "the best of all time".

You want the throw away the best ever to improve the team.

That insanity insults all parties involved as well as the fans.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have seen all Packer Quarterbacks since 1950. Farve is the best all around QB in Packer history. His career record prove it. His is still the Packer's franchise player and if any player is worth his contract, he is. Right now he is the main hope to turn this season around. Aaron Rodgers is not ready to lead this Franchise yet. Anybody who says the Packers are going to trade Favre knows nothing about Packer football!!! He will go out when he feels he is no longer performing to his high standards. He has earned that!! Any one that thnks otherwise does not know what high esteem Favre is held in here in Green Bay by the Green Bay Packer franchise and Green Bay Packer Fans. Favre has said he doesn't want to play for any other Franchise. He wants to retire as a Green Bay Packer and the Packer franchise and our fans want him to also!! it will happen. Tradition and history are important to the Green Bay packers.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all poppycock. If Favre left for another team in search of a championship that would seem so anti-Favre. It would seem selfish.

This team stands a good chance of being a major contender in the next 2 years with the way our young guys are developing and if Favre doesn't lose a step (which he hasn't yet). Favre can still throw with amazing accuracy and harder than every other QB I've watched this season. A few of the INTs were not his fault.

If this team continued into the toilet at 0-5 and getting worse then he might have retired this season. But if the 2005 Packers can finish the year on a high note and winning record, Brett Favre will be back.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well put PWT36...Favre will not put on another colored jersey unless it's the one the NFC uses for the Pro-Bowl. A minor little blip as a Falcon, yeah, but this guy is 100% Green Bay Packer and will not follow the likes of Joe Montana, Michael Jordan, Franco Harris, etc. He will finish his career in Green and Gold. Take it to the bank IMHO.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Musscy said,

"One reason would be that his cap number will be approaching, I believe, 12 million the next few years."

So what ARE you saying, Musscy?

That Favre is too expensive to keep around next year?

Maybe we should give a few more million to Sherman next year to go ahead and ruin...i mean..break in Aaron Rodgers...the next franchise QB?

Here's a thought...maybe SherRossley and TT want to push Favre out the door so that they can "develop" Aaron Rodgers and the Packers will be "there team"....a stinko team..but it would still be Sherman and Rossley's....

kelbel505

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like everyone else would love to keep Brett here. I say if the season turns out better and we when the division he'll probably stay around. Again, this year was a rebuilding year, so lets rebuild a little. What is weak for us the defense, so lets get some defensive help. With Brett here, like all the commentators say, we have a chance of winning. Let's get the guy a defense he can depend on (the superbowl seasons) and get him the personell to get him to the big game so he can retire on top. Even when we went to the first superbowl in the farve Era, we had a depleted WR group but it was complemented by a strong defense.

If anything, this gives Rodgers another year (or two) to get to know the offense. That is what we all thought about Nall and why he should be the back-up. He knew the offense better. Imagine Rodgers actually knowing the offense AND mixing his talent with that (of which it is sad to say the Nall really doesn't have it). Let Farve play as long as he likes and lets hope the packers start building around him and his future replacement.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man....what an annoying f^ck. "Pish posh" "Balderdash" "fiddlecock". WTF is this some 6th grader doing a project for school.

As far as the article goes.....who knows.....I couldn't even finish the ********* thing!

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Well put PWT36...Favre will not put on another colored jersey unless it's the one the NFC uses for the Pro-Bowl. A minor little blip as a Falcon, yeah, but this guy is 100% Green Bay Packer and will not follow the likes of Joe Montana, Michael Jordan, Franco Harris, etc. He will finish his career in Green and Gold. Take it to the bank IMHO.

The whole point of the article was that, while absolutely no one wants to see it happen, it's a possiblitiy that Favre could end up playing for another team. NO ONE could imagine Joe Montana and Jerry Rice as anything but 49ers, NO ONE thought that Michael Jordan would come out of his 2nd retirement to play for the Wizards (WTF?), and none of us can imagine Favre on another team... but it's always a possibility with the great ones.

rabidgopher04 said:
It's all poppycock. If Favre left for another team in search of a championship that would seem so anti-Favre. It would seem selfish.

I agree that it would seem anti-Favre, but think about it. If you were one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time and were in the final years of your career and still had what it takes to win a championship, would you do it?

I would absolutely hate to see it happen as a Packer fan, but if he ended up joining a new team and winning the Super Bowl, I would love it as a Brett Favre fan.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
I agree that it would seem anti-Favre, but think about it. If you were one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time and were in the final years of your career and still had what it takes to win a championship, would you do it?

Eh, maybe.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is more likely he would retire than go to another team. The writer is basing his entire argument on what other people did, not Brett Favre.

What has he to prove with another team? That he can win a championship?
He's done that.

I think he will leave when the entire carnival of fans, media, players from other teams, etc. get to be too much for him. Part of it is having his family split between Green Bay and Mississippi during the year. As a father, that would be ******* me.

I think he might leave after this year. My take on the situation is Favre was ready to go last year when he saw Thompson about to rebuild the team, and the Packers had booted the playoffs.
Sherman talked him into one more year until Favre's successor could be groomed.
I fully expect him to retire this year. He has a bright future on TV with one of the networks. It pays well, he only works a couple of days a week and he can put his farm, his mother's place and his life back together in Mississippi.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That just shows what you don't know Net about Brett Favre and the heart of champions....

Why would Favre come back to a rebuilding team? As a favor to Sherman?

Please...that don't make no sense....that's actually funny and made me laugh..as if he "owes" Sherman and the GB PAckers something..(more like Sherman should pay back some of those millions for being ineffectual and losing to the Vikings in the first round last year....or at least, for hiring Rossley)

Brett Favre came back because he wants to win one more championship, like Elway did, and go out on top. He doesn't care about grooming his replacement..that's ridiculous...!

He just didn't know he was going to be sold down the river by Sherman and TT when they made this fully a rebuilding year....

I'm sure Favre realizes how inept Sherman has been over the years..but felt with Javon Walker he could get it done this year....and I don't see much "grooming" of Aaron Rodgers going on....

If Bates gets this defense turned around...and TT commits to Favre next year...(by getting him some receiving talent around him)..and hopefully Sherman will be fired by then...I can see Favre sticking around another year or two...he has the ability....

But if they f*** him...and go for Rodgers..then i would LOVE to see Favre take another team all the way in the next year of two...

Hey RP..how about the RAIDAAAHS....?

I think the Jets would be a good fit also....and forget about that Bullsh!t about him ONLY being a Packer..because if he plays one or two years for another team..it doesn't matter..NOBODY WILL REMEMBER THAT....

He is already ONLY a Packer in everyone's eyes anyway....

How about Reggie White? Didn't he play for Tennessee for a year or two toward the end? Who remembers that?

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Writers need something to write about, and when they don't have anything to write about, they write anyway.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If Brett still has the talent and team around him in which he feels is a winner and his contract is hurting the Packers you know he would restructure it in a heartbeat.

Brett has said he would NEVER play for another team that he is 'too old' to be learning a whole new team/offense.

Members online

Latest posts