Something about the schdule bugs me

L

Lunchboxer

Why dont the packers host a thanksgiving game. The packers never host a thanksgiving game ever i remember. And why is it always against the lions what about the cowboys or something.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
The Lions/Cowboys have hosted the Thanksgiving Day games since 1754. They have always hosted those games. NFL Network added that 3rd Turkey Day game a few years ago, that would be the only way the Packers would host a game on Thanksgiving.

L

Lunchboxer

The Lions/Cowboys have hosted the Thanksgiving Day games since 1754. They have always hosted those games. NFL Network added that 3rd Turkey Day game a few years ago, that would be the only way the Packers would host a game on Thanksgiving.

The Lions and Cowboys been playing football sence 1754??

Man thats the longest living franchise ever.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason Green Bay never hosts a Thanksgiving day game and the reason why the Lions/Cowboys always play on Thanksgiving are both the same. The NFL and the Cowboys/Lions have made a tradition of those two teams hosting the Thanksgiving day games. The Cowboys always draw at least decent ratings, and given the Lions mediocraty over the last 10-15 years, this is the way the Lions will always have at least ONE nationally televised game.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why dont the packers host a thanksgiving game. The packers never host a thanksgiving game ever i remember. And why is it always against the lions what about the cowboys or something.

It's just how it is bro. Don't fight it. Accept it.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions started the tradition in 1934 when their then owner was looking for a holiday game.

In the 1960's, the NFL was looking for another team to join the Lions and play on Thanksgiving. The Cowboys were the only team to volunteer.

Now it's tradition, and one that probably isn't going to go away. Regardless of how bad the games are, the fact is we'll still watch because there's nothing else on..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts