Someone has spotted Arrington in town...

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps they are trying to do a contract that looks good on paper but is really a one year deal like what is rumored with Woodson? They have the cap room to do that, it would make them more competitive making Favre happy, and it wouldnt have a long term effect on the development of the young players.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll try,

When healthy and happy Arrington is the impact guy on defense that most of us have wanted TT to sign.

He could be a team leader on and off the field, but again he must be happy, the way Packer fans embrace a guy who comes to Lambeau and gives it 100%, I think he could become a long term fixture on the d.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how about financially? i am not too knowledgeable about salary cap stuff. but what are we, like 30 million under? right? and we don't really have any players on the team that are going into the later years of huge contracts, and would require paying out the *** to keep them, right? so i think financially we can make this happen. i know TT doesn't like paying huge for FA's and wants to build the team with the draft, but there is a huge difference between signing huge names with big money guaranteed in later years, which would screw us in the end, than having a few all-stars which we could manage financially. i mean, what would TT and the team have to gain be staying so far under the cap?

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are 19 million under right now. When Favre retires hopefully after this year that frees up a ton of cap room. It is definitely affordable to sign 2 or 3 high tier guys. That said you still don't want to mess up and invest too much money in guys that aren't worth it. That is what happened with Cledius Hunt and he is still counting against the cap.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
Yeah that woudl also although us to fill an OL spot with our #5 pick. or trade down get bobby carpentar and another pick.

With Arrington and Hawk we wouldnt need another LB. We could get Davis though and give favre another target.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
I'm not sold on Arrington at the price he is going to command. He's as athletic as linebackers come, but the production has yet to follow. He's put up good numbers in his career, but nothing that jumps out at you and says this guy is the cornerstone of a defense.

In '02 he had 11 sacks, but he's never had more than 6 in any other year. He's also never reached 100 tackles.

I still think he'd be a nice addition to the team, but not at the price he's reportedly asking.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am drooling over the thought of Arrington, Barnett, Hawk!

Arrington also had 99, 95, 90 tackles and it can also affect wether you have players around you that can make plays to

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the Postons are complete ***** and negotiating with them must be a real chore, but Lavar would be great to have aboard...not to sound like a broken record :wink:

stump5454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is what is on kffl

Packers | Team visits with Arrington
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:03:36 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Green Bay Packers visited with free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins) Monday, April 10. Signing Arrington or free agent CB Charles Woodson (Raiders) may be what QB Brett Favre is looking for before he commits to playing the 2006 season. Arrington left without an offer while the Packers decide what to do. Arrington was excited enough about the visit that he wanted to talk to Favre.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arrington was excited enough about the visit that he wanted to talk to Favre.

wow that sounds like great news. If only the dudes agent wasn't a flaming retard. At least it isn't Rosenhaus anywho.

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys i know this would be awesome but we can't get out ******* in a bunch yet because no one knows if this is even true. Plus TT is a moron and will let another one slip through his fingers, until i see his name on the dotted line i don't care.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither The Giants or The Dolphins came close to the 54 Million dollar price The Costons are asking for Arrington, Arrington wants to talk to Brett, the big question is how long do you wait and how much money do you offer him?

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm from Pennsylvania, and know a good bit about Leaping Lavar. The man is a hell of an athlete, he has always been a dynamic force to be reckoned with, however, the problem is this: In the incorrect system, he is constantly getting burnt. After talking to people we have determined that the correct system to use Arrington is has got to be the 3-4, to use him similar to the way the Steelers use Porter. He could be a gem, but we run the 4-3, not sure how they would blend.

Regardless, I think signing him would improve our defense. Which is what we need right now.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, when the Redskins actually played him last season he was very solid. I think as long as he can roam he should be good. Even if it isn't the ideal system for him he will be a big improvement over our other linebackers.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we do in fact sign him, I don't think we'll draft Hawk since we already signed Ben Taylor (who played well last year.) I say sign Arrington, draft Williams if he is there, if not, trade down and draft a CB.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think we could trade down and still get another upper tier linebacker and a corner or guard or something. Ideally we trade down and get the 2 1st rounders from denver and get a corner and a guard and use our 2nd rounder on a linebacker.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it would only make sense to draft either D'Brickshaw Ferguson or Mario Williams at #5 if their both there. AJ Hawk would not be neccessary.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, that sounds good rat. i do think we need to definitely sign a guard or two. if we got arrington i don't think it would be the right move to sign Hawk. my hope is to get arrington, and maybe ahmad plummer. OR trade for clements, give up javon and get a high draft pick. get vernon davis, if available. then address the needs of Olinemen and DB's.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts