Some things never change

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been on vacation and moving a kid to college so I've been away from this site but I see that some things never change.

I went through some threads and it's like groundhog day all over again. Let me preface this by saying that I didn't see Saturdays game yet so I will not place blame anywhere but reading reviews like trom's on the first page I see that if you try to criticize TT or MM or anybody but Ahmad Carroll you are a "*******".

To sum up what I got from reading this is that if you have anything negative to say about the management you're an idiot and some posters are still trying to deflect by posting negative **** about Mike Sherman. Yea.....that'll fix it!

If anybody can give a sensible synopsis of Saturday's game, I'd be interested in hearing it. By all media reports the Packers were NOT PREPARED and got their ****s handed to them.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah DEpack I dont know if it was ill prepared or just plain ol ill experienced. I did see some positives last night as well with the first and second team out there. I am not overly worried about what I saw. Kinda what I expect for a 1st preseason game. as long as I see improvement I will be happy.

And the team did have dicipline. How many offensive penalties did they have. Not that many for a preseason game i tell you that much tells me they have alot going for them

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Jb...the only thing I can go by is what I read. I never give much credence on preseason games especially the first one but everyone including MM seems to be concerned. He is going to have to stick with the young guns on the O-line. They need time to blend....you can't keep going back and forth. Unfortunately it may be at the expense of Mr. Favre.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Thanks Jb...the only thing I can go by is what I read. I never give much credence on preseason games especially the first one but everyone including MM seems to be concerned. He is going to have to stick with the young guns on the O-line. They need time to blend....you can't keep going back and forth. Unfortunately it may be at the expense of Mr. Favre.

Lucky dog getting a vacation!! :) Here's a good article Read Me!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well DePack wellcome back !!!

The game was so good that after I found a place to watch it I´d better watch the bottle of tequila as it emptied !!!!

Seems that we will have a long season ahead....

I really missed Jim Bates.... I havent said this, I decided to wait to give MM a fair chance, but so far I am beggining to miss Bates a lot.. I wish we had his stamina on the sidelines..

Anyway I will not give another opinion on coaching until after we play dabears at Lambeau !!

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said,

If anybody can give a sensible synopsis of Saturday's game, I'd be interested in hearing it. By all media reports the Packers were NOT PREPARED and got their ****s handed to them.

Synopsis:

Actually DePack, they got their ****s knocked in the dirt!

End of Synopsis.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yo, De....good to have you back man! I missed our lively banter.

A good analogy would be...."Youth Prevailed".

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack, our guys looked tentative, uninterested and were less physical than San Diego. The offensive line was horrible, the execution on most plays was sub-par and we looked ill prepared. McCarthy also sounded a lot like Mike Sherman in his post-game presser saying the problems were "correctable" and promising to get it "fixed".

Some positives were the play of Aaron Rodgers, who looks a lot less mechanical, AJ Hawk - minus him getting torched by Antonio Gates, and Tyrone Culver, who looks to be a solid player at safety and, given Underwood's injury, will be the backup at SS this year.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted my opinion of game so look at it. Overall not a great performance but hopefully gave coaches some idea of who can play or should be on team. I don't usually worry about the first two preseason games since they are to cull out players and look for guys that standout that you may not have thought about.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts