Some recieving help

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Zero2Cool said,

Let others speak for themselves, especially if you don't understand there perception.

It's "their perception"...

First learn grammar before you try to lecture people about other people's "perceptions"....

And that is his "perception", he stated as much in NUMEROUS posts..

Must have hit a nerve for you to comb through the post and find any error possible to push the attention of you being a jerk onto something else.

Plz don't have another meltdown an PM me more threats an then go run to Ryan saying I started it to save your *** from being banned again. We don't want that to happen, now do we.

All I asked was you don't speak for others. IF they said it, you do not need to repeat it. Show some respect for the person who said it.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

If Porky said we don't need to get a WR in FA, I've been misunderstanding his posts. I thought he said we did, but it wasn't the top priority.

Okay, did a little backtracking.
I'd put the needs like this heading into the off season.

DE, RB, S, TE, DT, CB, and then a tall WR. I just don't see WR as that big as a need. Jennings has been pretty good for a rookie and should only get better. Robinson is a definite 3rd legit receiving threat. Though if there is a young game changing WR then I wouldn't mind a look. I'm not sure if there is one though. I don't see the need to sign OL anymore since we did it the young way and we need to stick with them as they are getting better.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So what was your point then Zero by calling me out, outright lying about me making threats in a PM against you (and complaining to Ryan), and slandering me on a forum that's supposed to be about Packer football and wasting everyone's time on with your juvenile nonsense and b.s...???

(That was between Porky and me and it's been worked out.)

It's funny that you've done everything that you accused me of--then turn around and try to blame those same accusations on me when it was none of your business in the first place. Then, on top of it all, you weren't even correct with your initial assumption about the post in question....

(That's pretty twisted dude, imo..)

So I don't have to feel that I have to defend myself again against your lies and slanderous accusations in front of everybody on this forum. Here's a novel idea...

Why don't you mind your own business and stop obsessing over me...stop reading my posts...and stop spreading your slander and lies about me in order to try and get me banned.

(Sorry for this interruption to the other "mature" members on this forum who want to just read and post Packer football related items...)

Carry on..

Reaction score
dhpackr said:
eastcoastpacker said:
ok guys,what would you give up to get moss? :| :santa:

KGB, A. rodgers!

You have faith in Ingle Martin or just no faith in Rodgers? Or both? lol

Ferggy, possibly Barnett if no extension is reached, and a 3rd rounder. I think about making it a second rounder, but will balk if the Raiders ask for a 1st.

Raiders desperately need a WR with Porter/Moss fiasco, their LB crops is weak, and a 3rd rounder to sweeten the deal.

I think they are ready to stick with Walters, and won't bite on Rodgers. KGB might intice them a little, can never have too much pass rushing.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
dhpackr said:
eastcoastpacker said:

KGB, A. rodgers!

Ferggy, possibly Barnett if no extension is reached, and a 3rd rounder. I think about making it a second rounder, but will balk if the Raiders ask for a 1st.

Raiders desperately need a WR with Porter/Moss fiasco, their LB crops is weak, and a 3rd rounder to sweeten the deal.

I think they are ready to stick with Walters, and won't bite on Rodgers. KGB might intice them a little, can never have too much pass rushing.

Dang, it would be nice to have a talent like Moss. I jus hope he chooses to play every down if he joins our roster lol

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
eastcoastpacker said:

KGB, A. rodgers!

Ehhh, not Barnett. He is a vital part of our defense. We need to sign him asap.

For Moss, i'd say make some kind of package with either one or 2 of thes guys - Pickett, KGB or one of them and maybe a 3rd rounder or 4th rounder. These are the only guys of any decent market value that we can afford to lose.

The only thing is, i just heard yesterday that Moss is scheduled to make like 16 million next year. Has to be restructured.

It would be a waste if Favre retires because we see what Moss has done with an inexperienced quarterback in Oakland. Wont be too much better in Green Bay. He would get frustrated and theres a potential that he could ruin A-Rods confidence. Plus, the guy has been injury prone the last 2 or 3 years and is around 30 years old.

I'd say only make the deal if Favre commits to at least 2 more years and he's not likely to do that.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Randy Moss is one of my favorite players and is a game changer. As I said pm to someone anytime you can get a gamechaing player at ANY position you have to do it. In the case of Moss I would love to see him in Green and Gold but realistically I doubt it happens. I’m also very high on Calvin Johnson. I thought he was the best receiver in the nation last season as a sophomore and is really going to be something special. Jarrett is very polished and would give us a good WR. Ted Ginn is someone I find overrated.

I really don't see any WR on the market this year worth a big contract. Drew Bennett is average in my opinion and I would hate to see someone overpay for him. In my opinion TE's are a huge need. That's what Favre needs for Christmas. They play such a key factor in the west coast offense.

People forget in 96 Favre had mediocre receivers because of injuries to Freeman and Brooks for a good amount of time. In fact Brooks missed the entire year after going down against the 49ers. Rison didn't come in until the last few weeks. During that time Keith Jackson and Mark Churmura played a huge role in our offense and relieved a lot of pressure off of Favre. I really think we need one and maybe 2 TE's especially in the west coast offense. Just my 2 cents though.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
dhpackr said:
eastcoastpacker said:

KGB, A. rodgers!

Dang, it would be nice to have a talent like Moss. I jus hope he chooses to play every down if he joins our roster lol

Trust me. With Favre passing to him, he'll play every down.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Randy Moss is one of my favorite players and is a game changer. As I said pm to someone anytime you can get a gamechaing player at ANY position you have to do it. In the case of Moss I would love to see him in Green and Gold but realistically I doubt it happens. I’m also very high on Calvin Johnson. I thought he was the best receiver in the nation last season as a sophomore and is really going to be something special. Jarrett is very polished and would give us a good WR. Ted Ginn is someone I find overrated.

I really don't see any WR on the market this year worth a big contract. Drew Bennett is average in my opinion and I would hate to see someone overpay for him. In my opinion TE's are a huge need. That's what Favre needs for Christmas. They play such a key factor in the west coast offense.

People forget in 96 Favre had mediocre receivers because of injuries to Freeman and Brooks for a good amount of time. In fact Brooks missed the entire year after going down against the 49ers. Rison didn't come in until the last few weeks. During that time Keith Jackson and Mark Churmura played a huge role in our offense and relieved a lot of pressure off of Favre. I really think we need one and maybe 2 TE's especially in the west coast offense. Just my 2 cents though.

In 2006, Favre has only thrown 17 TDs in 15 games. Why? Because as you correctly stated, TEs are a big part of the West Coast Offense. So many times this year, we got close to the end zone and haven't been able to punch it in. Our TEs have let us down this year.

However, one other thing we lack is a deep threat. KRob was our deep threat but he's suspended. I like KRob, don't get me wrong, but there are no guarantees he'll be back, and even if he's back, that he'll stay sober. I'm sure everyone on this board knows an alcoholic personally who you were rooting for and they let you down.

Moss is a game changer. He's the guy who can take a pass that he catches at midfield and beats the safety for a TD. Yeah, I know Driver does this too, but Driver's always double covered now. Moss would open things up for Driver, and for a TE to sneak into the end zone, like we used to do in '04 and before with Favre. Moss will make the others around him better. I don't think he's lost a step and I don't think he's peaked either. He's just unhappy. Catching passes from Favre wil make Moss happy.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
moos and some good tes is exactly what this team needs, i will be very dissipointed if tt does not get moss and some good tight ends in the off season.

favre and moss would be great. :)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

In 2006, Favre has only thrown 17 TDs in 15 games. Why? Because as you correctly stated, TEs are a big part of the West Coast Offense. So many times this year, we got close to the end zone and haven't been able to punch it in. Our TEs have let us down this year.

However, one other thing we lack is a deep threat. KRob was our deep threat but he's suspended. I like KRob, don't get me wrong, but there are no guarantees he'll be back, and even if he's back, that he'll stay sober. I'm sure everyone on this board knows an alcoholic personally who you were rooting for and they let you down.

Moss is a game changer. He's the guy who can take a pass that he catches at midfield and beats the safety for a TD. Yeah, I know Driver does this too, but Driver's always double covered now. Moss would open things up for Driver, and for a TE to sneak into the end zone, like we used to do in '04 and before with Favre. Moss will make the others around him better. I don't think he's lost a step and I don't think he's peaked either. He's just unhappy. Catching passes from Favre wil make Moss happy.

I agree with everything you said from TE's to Randy Moss. Personally I think Moss is still the most talented WR in the game today. He's not the most polished or best route runner but his talent is amazing and he is the best deep threat in the game today. He's just stuck in a bad situation. Now he may not be as good as he was in 98 or 99 but he's still very capable of putting up Pro Bowl numbers.

Again though I wouldn't get your hopes up. Oakland is really going through a lot of things right now and who knows what Randy Moss' future really is.

Members online

Latest posts