some players hate new Nike jerseys

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like Nike is either really clueless or just doesn't care from this obviously prepared robot statement.

"We have 40 years of experience in the football business and the idea in our products is for optimal performance and we work with the athletes to find fit and function," a Nike spokesman said. "The uniforms are available in a variety of sizes and cuts for different players with enhanced performance in mind."

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a Reebok authentic from 2007 and one of the new Nike authentics. I'm not sure "fan authentic" is the same as "player authentic", but my Nike jersey is huge. lol. Wider. Longer. Longer sleeves. And the color is kind of dull. I much prefer the Reebok.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a Reebok authentic from 2007 and one of the new Nike authentics. I'm not sure "fan authentic" is the same as "player authentic", but my Nike jersey is huge. lol. Wider. Longer. Longer sleeves. And the color is kind of dull. I much prefer the Reebok.
I'm not part of the jersey wearing culture so forgive me for asking.

What I don't understand is why shell out the big bucks for another jersey by another brand if you already have one.
Why this need to upgrade when you already got the colors and it's probably not worn out?
Is it really that important to keep up with the latest trend even if the former trend looks the same?

I like saving $ so I'm really naive why there is this need to get the most or latest NFL/team merch.
I guess it's a "Too each their own" type of thing and my thing is two Packers shirts from a thrift store and another as a gift. Each one is different in it's own way.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What I don't understand is why shell out the big bucks for another jersey by another brand if you already have one.
Why this need to upgrade when you already got the colors and it's probably not worn out?
Is it really that important to keep up with the latest trend even if the former trend looks the same?

I like saving $ so I'm really naive why there is this need to get the most or latest NFL/team merch.
I guess it's a "Too each their own" type of thing and my thing is two Packers shirts from a thrift store and another as a gift. Each one is different in it's own way.

They were both Christmas gifts (my parents, brother, wife, and mother-in-law chipped in to pay) The first was personalized with my last name and my old number. Second was a Charles Woodson, my all-time favorite football player. It's not about making sure I got a Nike one. It's just that when the second one was purchased, the brand happened to be Nike.

They knew I had wanted the jersey and got it for me. It was nice to know that they wanted to get me something that I wanted, but didn't need. I have great memories to go along with them.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They were both Christmas gifts (my parents, brother, wife, and mother-in-law chipped in to pay) The first was personalized with my last name and my old number. Second was a Charles Woodson, my all-time favorite football player. It's not about making sure I got a Nike one. It's just that when the second one was purchased, the brand happened to be Nike.

They knew I had wanted the jersey and got it for me. It was nice to know that they wanted to get me something that I wanted, but didn't need. I have great memories to go along with them.
OK so my questions about this need to buy doesn't exactly apply to your situation.
(Thank you for the answer anyway. I appreciate it.)

So if anyone who has spent the cash on both jerseys wants to enlighten me why that was, please do so.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone here follows soccer, but similar complaints about the ball that's selected for the World Cup crop up every four years.

In my cynicism, I tend to think such complaints are encouraged by competitors in the marketplace. Brands like Reebok or Under Armor probably love stoking complaints about Nike's NFL product.

I hate defending Nike like this, but suppose they produced a more "flattering" jersey for 300 lb. linemen: you would probably be reading a WSJ piece complaining that the larger jerseys make it too easy for offensive linemen to hold...

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I felt like Nike killed something good when they took over and cut the sleeve stripes down years ago. When I drove through Ripon from GB, I was a bit upset that the jerseys were no longer made near there.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I felt like Nike killed something good when they took over and cut the sleeve stripes down years ago. When I drove through Ripon from GB, I was a bit upset that the jerseys were no longer made near there.

I don't believe they have ever been made in ripon. They are made by a company called ripon athletics that's located in Berlin, wi.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I don't believe they have ever been made in ripon. They are made by a company called ripon athletics that's located in Berlin, wi.

I thought something like that when I saw the sign for Berlin. Still it was the thought that at one time the jerseys were made in Wisconsin, and not overseas by people who probably don't know what they are making.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought something like that when I saw the sign for Berlin. Still it was the thought that at one time the jerseys were made in Wisconsin, and not overseas by people who probably don't know what they are making.

All game jerseys are made in the US.
It would be a PR nightmare if they weren't

Members online

Latest posts