Some of you will not like this.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say.... For many people.

The way that Brett has dragged this whole "I will I won't, I need to think, it is up to family, I want to spend time on the tractor, I might, I will, I should, but I should not, I will never wear another jersey." bull crap has gone on for the last 3 years has dropped Brett down from the list of greatest players/men in the history of the game.

Some would put Barry Sanders ahead of him now.

There are others that are moving up on the list ahead of where some people had Brett every time they log on and hear all of this crap, that is in fact truth and not media fodder.

Brett.... Dropping... Dropping... Dropping on the NFL Legacy list compared to if he just walked away and retired his number on Monday Night?

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, Dude, it's his legacy, why don't you let him worry about it. I doubt he much cares how Raider Pride pictures HIS legacy.

Vince Lombardi Did It
Michael Jordan Did It
Reggie White Did It

Noone remembers that stuff when you mention ANY of those people.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, Dude, it's his legacy, why don't you let him worry about it. I doubt he much cares how Raider Pride pictures HIS legacy.

Vince Lombardi Did It
Michael Jordan Did It
Reggie White Did It

Noone remembers that stuff when you mention ANY of those people.

NOTE: "SOME PEOPLE" In my post. This has nothing to do with Raider Prides thoughts. I was just commenting on the conversation and calls I was listening to today on sports talk radio.

I realize 10 years from now... It will not matter to some people.

I am pissed at him my self. I think he is a cancer to this team right now.
But I know this will be irrelevant on the day he is elected into the hall of fame.

Please read the post in it's entirety, and grasp the concept before you "LOL Dude." my post.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
The way that Brett has dragged this whole "I will I won't, I need to think, it is up to family, I want to spend time on the tractor, I might, I will, I should, but I should not, I will never wear another jersey."

The only stupid thing going on here are fans who believe all the gossip in the media.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
The way that Brett has dragged this whole "I will I won't, I need to think, it is up to family, I want to spend time on the tractor, I might, I will, I should, but I should not, I will never wear another jersey."

The only stupid thing going on here are fans who believe all the gossip in the media.

It's more than gossip now. I wish it was just gossip, I truly do.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When he's giving his Hall of Fame speech his legacy will still be intact and as strong as any other Packer legend.

I don't buy that. I think it just opens up the door for criticism right now but a lot of players have toyed with this stuff before.

Stroz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

The way that Brett has dragged this whole "I will I won't, I need to think, it is up to family, I want to spend time on the tractor, I might, I will, I should, but I should not, I will never wear another jersey." bull crap has gone on for the last 3 years has dropped Brett down from the list of greatest players/men in the history of the game.

There are others that are moving up on the list ahead of where some people had Brett every time they log on and hear all of this crap, that is in fact truth and not media fodder.

Brett.... Dropping... Dropping... Dropping on the NFL Legacy list compared to if he just walked away and retired his number on Monday Night?

Dude. Why not stop the Dropping... Dropping... Dropping Favre hate all over the board? Some people cannot make up their mind. He is one of those people. Can't someone have a second thought without everyone talking about him?

Yes, it was stupid to announce a retirement, before he make a decision, but it could be a second thought itch.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Even John Kerry was heard saying "Come on Brett!!! ENOUGH already!!"

And George Bush was heard saying "Brett who? Retired? Did he have a flat on the highway?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People retire and unretire every day. Big Deal. What the Pack can't react to a situation? What happens if A-Rod breaks his leg and Brohm tears an ACL tomorrow? Gotta stick with the plan right, god forbid we deviate from it.

Adjust a little, my god it isn't brain surgery

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude. Why not stop the Dropping... Dropping... Dropping Favre hate all over the board?

Good Question!

Perhaps I am trying to get you from post number 52 to post number 1,052?

You never really knew Ryan hired me to increase the number of hits on his web page? I make good money working for Ryan, and I have a medical plan as well as two weeks paid holidays in East Los Angeles. Which makes the Medical plan all the more valuable.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO someone can always change their mind, why not Brett? He's NOT a cancer and never will be, a cancer to me is someone that dont respect people, who dont give a crap about anything, this is NOT Brett Favre all he wants to do is play football, he also knows that he can still play at a high level. I for one am hoping he does come back and wins the Super Bowl then some of you who think that he shouldnt come back can eat their words.

I again will say I will back any QB we have, but Brett is a good bet for us to win the Super Bowl this year so if we get one more shot with Brett as our QB we should take it, again this is IMO.

Stroz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People retire and unretire every day. Big Deal. What the Pack can't react to a situation? What happens if A-Rod breaks his leg and Brohm tears an ACL tomorrow? Gotta stick with the plan right, god forbid we deviate from it.

Adjust a little, my god it isn't brain surgery

You got that right. He is entitled. 3 MVP winner! I'd say he is entitled.

Stroz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Dude. Why not stop the Dropping... Dropping... Dropping Favre hate all over the board?

Good Question!

Perhaps I am trying to get you from post number 52 to post number 1,052?

You never really knew Ryan hired me to increase the number of hits on his web page? I make good money working for Ryan, and I have a medical plan as well as two weeks paid holidays in East Los Angeles. Which makes the Medical plan all the more valuable.

Why not make the quota with something nice to say? :D I know, everyone loves a controversy. I heard East LA is for the dogs. :lol: I was told never go in Watts Section.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO someone can always change their mind, why not Brett? He's NOT a cancer and never will be, a cancer to me is someone that dont respect people, who dont give a crap about anything, this is NOT Brett Favre all he wants to do is play football, he also knows that he can still play at a high level. I for one am hoping he does come back and wins the Super Bowl then some of you who think that he shouldnt come back can eat their words.

I again will say I will back any QB we have, but Brett is a good bet for us to win the Super Bowl this year so if we get one more shot with Brett as our QB we should take it, again this is IMO.

Heather.

I think you know how much I respect you and your posts. All I mean by cancer is this...

This whole situation is a cancer right now. A cancer is something that is eating away at the very foundation of anything.

I read today that there is now dissent among the Packers Players about this. This breaks down a team. A team is many working as one with a common goal, and common belief about the path and how to reach that goal.

If he stayed retired and like you said A-Rod went down, his return to the Packers would be on the back of the white horse.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Heather.

I think you know how much I respect you and your posts. All I mean by cancer is this...

This whole situation is a cancer right now. A cancer is something that is eating away at the very foundation of anything.

I read today that there is now dissent among the Packers Players about this. This breaks down a team. A team is many working as one with a common goal, and common belief about the path and how to reach that goal.

If he stayed retired and like you said A-Rod went down, his return to the Packers would be on the back of the white horse.

But it's funny you are blaming Brett when the reports ARE he tried to contact Ted but his calls have been ignored.

So I guess you are saying Ted is breaking the team down.

Also where did you read about it tearing the team apart, I'd love to see it.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who knows whether that this is "cancer" at 1265 Lombardi Ave & for the team is dealing with the situation, not posting here. You'd think some people here are players or agents.

Good lord, the hysterics and drama.

As for his legacy, Reggie retired three times, so did Jordan, somehow I think we'll all get by.

Stroz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
Anyone who knows whether that this is "cancer" at 1265 Lombardi Ave & for the team is dealing with the situation, not posting here. You'd think some people here are players or agents.

Good lord, the hysterics and drama.

As for his legacy, Reggie retired three times, so did Jordan, somehow I think we'll all get by.

Oh, but don't you know? It is NOT okay when it affect the PACKERS! God Forbid a human football player changed his mind!

Forgot Reggie White played for packers. I was not in this country then was it this bad then?

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks RP, But where does it say anything about dissent of any kind?

DD,

Rodgers has been running this "O" ever since Brett made his speech.

For some players to say "WE WANT OUR QB BACK." is dissent among some. That kind of comment will separate players in the locker room, and does nothing for Aaron's confidence based on how hard he has worked and studied in the off season before his opportunity to prove himself.

I know where you are coming from my friend, I understand your view and you may be right. Me. I am pissed a t the way Brett has handled all of this. I am sick of the drama for the last three off seasons, and I am real sick of the Mega Drama this off season.

Just keep reading and posting here. You will learn the personalities and passion of all of the members, and why they post what they do. It is one big family, and we all do not always get along.

However, everyone is a Die Hard Packer Fan, and when the dust settles that is all that really matters.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it was Vinny Testaverde or Drew Bledsoe nobody would care at all. It wouldnt make headlines and nobody would be upset. Brett is being criticized and punished because of his popularity. You guys want to sit here and speculate on his legacy from behind a keyboard. Get real. It means nothing and you know it to his legacy. How is michael Jordans legacy? MJ hasnt played at an all star level in 11 years and people still buy his shoes and still compare every player in the league to him. He has been through divorce, gambling scandals, adultery and many other things. Michael Jordans legacy is just fine.

Favre is to Green Bay what Michael Jordan is to Chicago. Is anyone really dumb enough to believe that he is tarnishing his legacy because he changed his mind about wanting to play? Are you actually trying to convince intelligent people that he is selfish and way out of line to dare to change his mind?

Like has been said in the past, "shut your mouth and get on board"

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not new here but I understand RP, but the Self Centered Spoiled Brat comment kind of shows me you hold a vendetta against him because he debated retirement too long in your book I guess. That's fine but you seem to have a one-sided viewpoint and see things in tunnel vision.

Brett has tried to contact Ted, Ted has not done the same, but it's Brett's fault.

If you read the article I posted below the auhtor made a valid point. It seems, judging from your article the team would love to have Brett back because it gives them the best chance to win. If Ted refuses that, the team may question whether Ted is really committed to winning. If I'm an NFL player and I had a choice between A-Rod or Brett, it's a no brainer. I'm busting my *** to win Football games everyday, not in 2014.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
If it was Vinny Testaverde or Drew Bledsoe nobody would care at all. It wouldnt make headlines and nobody would be upset. Brett is being criticized and punished because of his popularity. You guys want to sit here and speculate on his legacy from behind a keyboard. Get real. It means nothing and you know it to his legacy. How is michael Jordans legacy? MJ hasnt played at an all star level in 11 years and people still buy his shoes and still compare every player in the league to him. He has been through divorce, gambling scandals, adultery and many other things. Michael Jordans legacy is just fine.

Favre is to Green Bay what Michael Jordan is to Chicago. Is anyone really dumb enough to believe that he is tarnishing his legacy because he changed his mind about wanting to play? Are you actually trying to convince intelligent people that he is selfish and way out of line to dare to change his mind?

Like has been said in the past, "shut your mouth and get on board"

like I typed:

It is one big family, and we all do not always get along.

However, everyone is a Die Hard Packer Fan, and when the dust settles that is all that really matters.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts