Some Ingle Martin tidbits...

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I was interviewing the kicker from Furman today for a position at my advertising firm and well, we didn't do a lot of talking about work, just the quarterback he spent a couple years playing with.

I asked him about the stats -- 20 tds, 13 ints -- and that I thought that was kind of poor considering the competition and he told me that Furman's offense is SOOOOOOOOO run oriented that they just forced a passing scheme because of Martin's talent and that almost all his passes were improvised because there was really nothing in place to support a passing game. They just kind of got lucky with Ingle going there and never made any concrete changes to alter the program (understandably so).

I asked him about his character and leadership and the guy couldn't stop talking about how good of a guy Ingle is and how his teammates had a crazy amount of belief in him. You'd assume this, coming from a D1 player playing at a small school but he said it really went off the field too. He was a super team player and spent all his time with the guys, even non starters and was literally a fan favorite... for reasons well beyond his ability on the field.

He said Martin reminded him a lot of a young gunslinging Brett Favre and he's sure he'll grab at least the three spot and maybe give Rodgers a run for his money next season.

Obviously this is all from one point of view but his face lit up when I mentioned him and he had nothing but positives to share.

So I thought I'd share myself... :p

(i told the guy maybe the packers need to bring him in to fight for a spot if i cant work something out for him at my company :lol:)

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I freakin love that we are bringing in great kids with great football minds. i know its been said a million times in all the draft topics.... but i thought id throw it out there again. Even if we dont win, nobodys gonna call us classless.....so we got that going for us.....which is nice

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never heard of the kid before the Pack drafted him. But they must have done their homework on him!

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard he was the QB that impressed the most at the combine and TT and MM were pretty surprised there wasn't more talk about him.

Members online

Latest posts