1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Some I-Pod help from those of you that have I-Pod

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Nov 26, 2006.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible to record conversations (specifically lectures) on I-Pod?

2. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have simple Shuffle and it certainly doesn't have a mic. I don't think any of the other models have a mic or line-in either (seems the only way to get anyting on an Ipod is through iTunes. I would suspect though that you could get an digital recorder and somehow be able to transfer and listen to the lecture on the iPod. Can't guarantee you'd look very cool doing so though :lol:

Reminds me of my dad taking his graduate courses at night school. He'd tape them on a portable cassette recorder (major technology leap back then). His office was on the 3rd floor of our house and I'd hear him deep into the night playing back the lectures.

3. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Start going down THIS road. Do a little research, I have the first gen color iPod and I'm certain it can be done.

4. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  5. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know you can record using a computer, using something like garageband, then export that into itunes, and then put it on your Ipod.

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    that sounds like a lot of macGarbage talk to me :)

7. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Back in the 70's there were portable cassette recorders with microphones in the side.
    I'm sure Dictaphone machines are still out there without software glitches.

Now a video recorder can be used and the video input placed onto the computer and then downloaded to the mobile player.
    If you don't have the video screen on your device you are behind the times.