Some Good News On The Injury Front

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It looks like Montgomery will be sitting this game out, but getting Adams back more than makes up for that on O IMO. Raji and Burnett back will be great additions to the D.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now it would appear that Starks is nursing an injury. He didn't practice again today. If it's not one player its another. :( Don't know if he will play on Sunday or not.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's exactly these types of scenarios that I never get too excited if player A signs with GB or if we'd just do "X" our offense and defense would be unstoppable, etc. Because history has shown that Snoop Dogg was a prophet and poet when he penned, "If it ain't one thing, it's ***** ****ing 'notha, word to your granny and your daddy and your mother"

it happens to every team, every year and those that can mitigate the damages the most are the ones that come out on top. When you have all the offense you need, your defense struggles. When you get your Dlinemen healthy, you lose some DB's. When your defense is rolling, and your offense looks poised to crush the league you have injuries to your top 4 WR's and starting RB. When you have 2 strong running backs to carry you, one always seems injured and the 1-2 punch never seems to punch for long. Whenever a weakness becomes a strength it seems a previous strength gets weaker. For a million different reasons, some not even explainable. I think you only skirt the law of averages for a short period and over time, it all evens out. I love the game, but I don't ever expect a team to be at full strength for long, if they ever get there in the first place.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Because history has shown that Snoop Dogg was a prophet and poet when he penned, "If it ain't one thing, it's ***** ******* 'notha...
Didn't he steal that from Roseanne Roseannadanna? ;)

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
starks hurt? hows lacy feeling i wonder? monty was getting some impressive runs before the ankle... wonder if cobb gets some carries this week?

D

Deleted member 6794

I would like to see Alonzo Harris get some reps if Starks can't play. I thought he
played pretty well in a limited role against the Chiefs.

It´s highly probable that Harris would get some snaps vs. the Broncos if Starks can´t play.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy is going to breakout this week, so I'm not too worried about the Starks injury. He'll be back for the Carolina game.

OP
OP
Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see Alonzo Harris get some reps if Starks can't play. I thought he
played pretty well in a limited role against the Chiefs.

That was my thought as well. In adversity there is opportunity.

The Pack may be a bit skittish about putting a rookie in at RB out of concern that he may miss a blitz pick-up, and that could be potentially disastrous if #12 gets blind-sided.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy is going to breakout this week, so I'm not too worried about the Starks injury. He'll be back for the Carolina game.
Lacy always seems to get going in weeks 6-8. By design or just how it goes, I don't know. All I know is we're 6-0 and haven't seen our best football yet.

D

Deleted member 6794

It´s not a sure thing Starks will miss this week´s game vs. the Broncos nor that he´ll be able to play next week at Carolina. Lacy´s performance has been mostly disappointing this season, hopefully the bye week helped him get in better shape.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Article in the Wisconsin State Journal this morning talks about Starks hip injury and Lacy's obvious weight gain. MM would not say much about either.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy´s performance has been mostly disappointing this season, hopefully the bye week helped him get in better shape.
He did the same thing last year, and he's been fighting that ankle injury. I'm pretty sure I read that MM said his ankle isn't too much of a concern anymore, so I truly believe this will be the week he breaks out. They need to give him some carries and get his groove back.

D

Deleted member 6794

He did the same thing last year, and he's been fighting that ankle injury. I'm pretty sure I read that MM said his ankle isn't too much of a concern anymore, so I truly believe this will be the week he breaks out. They need to give him some carries and get his groove back.

Lacy had a slow start last season as well and during the offseason the Packers put an emphasis to get him out of the gate faster. Obviously that didn´t work out because of the ankle injury but he seems out of shape as well.

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HA! Those of us who live in Pennsylvania call it the "armpit of the universe". :roflmao:

Shame on you ! and your a moderator ?

So why did George Washington cross the Delaware leaving Pennsylvania to go to New Jersey ?

Why do Pennsylvania residents go to the Jersey shore ? Why not stay in Pennsylvania and visit your beautiful coal mines ?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
he seems out of shape as well.

Totally agree with this. He has put on weight and with a bum ankle, he doesn't seem to have the ability to cut or roll over players like we have seen in the past. Let's hope this is just a temporary thing and Eddie hasn't gotten too comfortable with all of the accolades people were giving him earlier in his young career. We need a half back, not a 3rd fullback.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts