1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Some Good News On The Injury Front

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Curly Calhoun, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +269
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    It looks like Montgomery will be sitting this game out, but getting Adams back more than makes up for that on O IMO. Raji and Burnett back will be great additions to the D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +255
    with line, lbs, and secondary all getting big contributors back... manning might not survive...

4. GBkrzygrl

GBkrzygrl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Now it would appear that Starks is nursing an injury. He didn't practice again today. If it's not one player its another. :( Don't know if he will play on Sunday or not.

5. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,779
    it's exactly these types of scenarios that I never get too excited if player A signs with GB or if we'd just do "X" our offense and defense would be unstoppable, etc. Because history has shown that Snoop Dogg was a prophet and poet when he penned, "If it ain't one thing, it's mutha ******* 'notha, word to your granny and your daddy and your mother"

it happens to every team, every year and those that can mitigate the damages the most are the ones that come out on top. When you have all the offense you need, your defense struggles. When you get your Dlinemen healthy, you lose some DB's. When your defense is rolling, and your offense looks poised to crush the league you have injuries to your top 4 WR's and starting RB. When you have 2 strong running backs to carry you, one always seems injured and the 1-2 punch never seems to punch for long. Whenever a weakness becomes a strength it seems a previous strength gets weaker. For a million different reasons, some not even explainable. I think you only skirt the law of averages for a short period and over time, it all evens out. I love the game, but I don't ever expect a team to be at full strength for long, if they ever get there in the first place.

6. TJV

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Didn't he steal that from Roseanne Roseannadanna? ;)

7. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    Right now, a large portion of this forum are wondering who the heck Roseanne Roseannadanna is.

RIP Gilda.

• Like Like x 3
  8. sschind

sschind Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +498
    You ask a lot of questions for a guy from New Jersey.

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    Not I...

10. TJV

Ratings:
    +4,176
    That Sir, is a slur!!! I am from the Great State of Wisconsin!! ;)

11. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +255
    starks hurt? hows lacy feeling i wonder? monty was getting some impressive runs before the ankle... wonder if cobb gets some carries this week?

12. TeamTundra

TeamTundra Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    I would like to see Alonzo Harris get some reps if Starks can't play. I thought he
    played pretty well in a limited role against the Chiefs.

13. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,598
    It´s highly probable that Harris would get some snaps vs. the Broncos if Starks can´t play.

14. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +353
    Lacy is going to breakout this week, so I'm not too worried about the Starks injury. He'll be back for the Carolina game.

15. Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +269

That was my thought as well. In adversity there is opportunity.

The Pack may be a bit skittish about putting a rookie in at RB out of concern that he may miss a blitz pick-up, and that could be potentially disastrous if #12 gets blind-sided.

16. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,779
    Lacy always seems to get going in weeks 6-8. By design or just how it goes, I don't know. All I know is we're 6-0 and haven't seen our best football yet.

17. Chris398

Chris398 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13

Why is New Jersey a slur ?

18. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,598
    It´s not a sure thing Starks will miss this week´s game vs. the Broncos nor that he´ll be able to play next week at Carolina. Lacy´s performance has been mostly disappointing this season, hopefully the bye week helped him get in better shape.

19. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,895
    Article in the Wisconsin State Journal this morning talks about Starks hip injury and Lacy's obvious weight gain. MM would not say much about either.

20. TJV

Ratings:
    +4,176
    ;) = just kidding, aka a joke.

21. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    HA! Those of us who live in Pennsylvania call it the "armpit of the universe". :roflmao:

22. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +353
    He did the same thing last year, and he's been fighting that ankle injury. I'm pretty sure I read that MM said his ankle isn't too much of a concern anymore, so I truly believe this will be the week he breaks out. They need to give him some carries and get his groove back.

23. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,598
    Lacy had a slow start last season as well and during the offseason the Packers put an emphasis to get him out of the gate faster. Obviously that didn´t work out because of the ankle injury but he seems out of shape as well.

24. Chris398

Chris398 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13

Shame on you ! and your a moderator ?

So why did George Washington cross the Delaware leaving Pennsylvania to go to New Jersey ?

Why do Pennsylvania residents go to the Jersey shore ? Why not stay in Pennsylvania and visit your beautiful coal mines ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,895
    Totally agree with this. He has put on weight and with a bum ankle, he doesn't seem to have the ability to cut or roll over players like we have seen in the past. Let's hope this is just a temporary thing and Eddie hasn't gotten too comfortable with all of the accolades people were giving him earlier in his young career. We need a half back, not a 3rd fullback.