Some FA´s to visit Green Bay.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | Team showing an interest in Boiman
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:11:39 -0800

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers have expressed interest in free agent LB Rocky Boiman (Titans). He is considering a visit next week.

To get this guy we need to beat the Bengals, they are trying to get him.

Packers | Boerigter scheduled to visit team on Sunday
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:03:26 -0800

Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, reports free agent WR Marc Boerigter (Chiefs) will visit the Green Bay Packers on Sunday, March 19.

Boerigter is also chassed by the Bucanners, and IMHO he is not the answer at WR..

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boiman isn't a bad LB. He's not going to make the Pro Bowl but he'll fit the scheme better than Nail Diggs.

Not a big Boerighter fan.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marc Boerigter and Harry Williams are both 6' 3" Boerigter weighs more at 220. Boerigter spent years in Canada and made it with the Chiefs who really did not have much at WR he turns in May. Williams has more room to improve or upside.

The Packers are looking for larger receivers(and cut Chatman).
One will be drafted.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Maurice Stovall?

Ahhhh a domer! Rocky Boiman? is a domer also. I think he is a little undersized (if I remember correctly) but he is a high energy, bring it all, type of player. Reminds me of Kampmann.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boiman's alright, I think Ben Taylor is a higher quality FA

Stovall would be a nice addition--he's the reason trading JW or trading down in the first isn't all that bad, TONS of solid prospects out there

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Martin Nance in round 3 would be solid. 6-4 215 and has a 40 inch vert. He's the all time MAC leader in receiving.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Martin Nance in round 3 would be solid. 6-4 215 and has a 40 inch vert. He's the all time MAC leader in receiving.

yeah, but he is very slow. i'm for taking a smaller quicker guy.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
porky88 said:

yeah, but he is very slow. i'm for taking a smaller quicker guy.

McCarthy seems to want a bigger guy.. Which would explain the Boerichter signing if he indeed signs.

Nance fits that mold. There's not many 6-4 215 pound 4.4 40 yard dash WR's out there. Otherwise they'll be gone by pick #20.. :wink:

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Overall grade: 5.9
Position rank: 12

MARTIN NANCE MEASURABLES
Height: 6-4 Weight: 213
40-yard dash: 4.55 10-yard dash: 1.62
20-yard shuttle: 4.08 60-yard shuttle:
Broad jump: 9-4 225-lb. bench:
3-cone drill: 6.91 Vertical jump: 34
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.63

KEY » *
Martin Nance
WR, Miami (OH)
War Room analysis
Strengths: Has big frame. Is a force on jump balls and fade routes in the red zone because of his wide wingspan, athleticism and a 34.5-inch vertical jump. Runs smooth routes. Makes all the tough catches. Is a willing blocker who uses good technique. Shows good vision and quickness after the catch. Is a soft-spoken, high-character leader.

Weaknesses: Lacks elite speed and an explosive first step. Spends too much time getting in and out of breaks. Takes too long to reach full speed. Won't be able to separate from most NFL cornerbacks. Has durability questions after season-ending knee surgery midway through the '04 season.

Bottom line: Nance bounced back from knee surgery to post impressive numbers as a senior and eased concerns about his level of competition with some big performances. He must improve his speed and technique to be effective in the NFL. If he can stay healthy and perform well in predraft workouts, Nance has the size, athleticism and ability to be selected early on the second day.

Wouldn't be a bad pick, although it seems the Packers without Walker already have enough possession-type receivers. It's not a great year for wide receivers though, so that might have to be good enough.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Truly this team is in transition. I expect many changes over the next 15 months or so. After this coming season many will begin a serious and fair evaluation of TT and his moves. I hope it works out well minus any big price tag.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
He's far from the #12 WR in this draft...

This site is a much better Draft site..

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scouti ... nance.html

NDC has Nance as the #6 WR in the draft, Sporting News has him at #12. They basically agree that he is a big physical receiver who lacks elite speed. Neither site has him going in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft. If TT feels he is not getting Walker and Murphy back, I agree he would be a solid #3 pick. Just don't expect him to be another Walker. Even if you accept NDC's #6 ranking, that is #6 in a very weak field of WR's.

By the way, when is NDC going to update their mock draft? I had stopped looking at it because their mock is pre-Drew Brees signing.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
route25 said:
porky88 said:
He's far from the #12 WR in this draft...

This site is a much better Draft site..

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scouti ... nance.html

NDC has Nance as the #6 WR in the draft, Sporting News has him at #12. They basically agree that he is a big physical receiver who lacks elite speed. Neither site has him going in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft. If TT feels he is not getting Walker and Murphy back, I agree he would be a solid #3 pick. Just don't expect him to be another Walker. Even if you accept NDC's #6 ranking, that is #6 in a very weak field of WR's.

By the way, when is NDC going to update their mock draft? I had stopped looking at it because their mock is pre-Drew Brees signing.

Oh yeah he's no Walker. He's a possession WR that would give Favre a red zone target... I wasn't expecting a 3rd round choice to come in and replace Walker. I think Nance could be better than Ferguson though.. If that is even saying much.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
No we have driver JW and gardner

We already have all three under contract.

edit, oops ... sorry I thought you said 'no way we have driver JW and gardner' ... my mistake.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts