So you wanted Roman cut

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah the one where you stated the Run Defense looks good although they gave up 4 yards a carry in the first half.

Or the one where 7 people laughed at your credibility........Oh yeah, I remember

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, that hurts. Dude you are like 10. I've seen your MySpace Trom, you really shouldn't make fun of other people

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
so Woodson poor tackling was the sole reason for this lost.....thanks for clearing it up.
Maybe Palmer having all day to throw had a little something to do with it. It be nice if our multi-million dollar DE's could get a whiff of the quaterback. A young team has to play balls out, and I was embarrassed to watch that effort tonight.

Who is teaching these players how to tackle? When you let the receiver catch the ball, then the first guy has to make the tackle. Some of those drives were extended on 3rd & longs and the Bengal receiver got the yac. You can not win in this league without good tackling.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Oh, that hurts. Dude you are like 10. I've seen your MySpace Trom, you really shouldn't make fun of other people

I know you have. Cuz you're a stalker, and you just admitted to it. Sick ****.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Maybe Palmer having all day to throw had a little something to do with it. It be nice if our multi-million dollar DE's could get a whiff of the quaterback. A young team has to play balls out, and I was embarrassed to watch that effort tonight.

According to Trom we had great pass rush.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:

I know you have. Cuz you're a stalker, and you just admitted to it. Sick ****.

No, because it funny stuff!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:

:lol: :lol:

Yeah Palmer sure had happy feet.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:

:lol: :lol:

I was impressed with Palmer tonight. In my junior year High School I tore my ACL playing Basketball. When I came back the next year I just wasn't the same. It was always in my head and I wanted to go 100% but couldn't cause it was always in the back of my mind

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:

lol lol

I was impressed with Palmer tonight. In my junior year High School I tore my ACL playing Basketball. When I came back the next year I just wasn't the same. It was always in my head and I wanted to go 100% but couldn't cause it was always in the back of my mind
Palmer played very well. He is a very polished quarterback and hopefully he has a full recovery.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Yeah Palmer was poised to a level I wouldn't expect someone coming off such an injury.

It was amazing, Palmer was so loved by the Cinci fans it reminded me of when Brett was in his prime.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if Roman would of made a difference. Is he better than Manuel? Maybe. We saw Manuel for one game and it was his first real live action of the year. So you can't judge yet. That's like saying Kerry Collins would be a top 10 fantasy QB in 2005. Many people did and that didn't work out to well. I think the big thing with losing Roman is depth. When Underwood went down I'f feel better with Roman than Culver. You can't take anything good away from Manuel after this game but you certainly can't throw him under the train yet either.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
It's amazing, these are going to be the same guys playing Week 1 against the Bears.

I want to know how week 1 will be different? I guess they are saying they just didn't try?

IMO the biggest difference will be the opponents QB and OL. Palmer was a good QB before he got hurt and now he came back strong, but how about the Bears QB? How about their OL?

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
CaliforniaCheez said:
Manuel can't tackle and gave up 2 and a half TD's.
Some of you wanted the career backup and 6th round draft pick instead of Roman the first Safety selected in his draft and career starter.
Yes and Roman had a cheaper contract.

Care to explain this?

Career backup?
6th round pick?
Are those the same person or two?
Roman is not a career starter. Well, not on a team with talent at the safety position.

Okay Zero, but a serious fan would know a few of these facts:

Manuel, the 181st pick of the 2002 draft, was the 19th Safety selected(Marques Anderson was 9th).

Roman was the 34th pick of the 2000 draft and the first Safety selected.

Roman was the starter for the Bengals when Sherman signed him.

Manuel was down the Bengal depth chart and got cut and was picked up by the Seahawks in 04. As a backup there his tackles came from special teams. He got some playing time last year when a starter got hurt.

In the last three years Manuel has been on 3 teams, has 3 passes defensed, no INT's and 82 mostly special teams tackles.

Roman in the last 3 years started 47 of 48 games, was in on 237 tackles and 3 INT's. Third on the Packers in tackles in 05.

Manuel is unproven as a starter after 4 years in the league and has never earned a starting job in training camp.

Roman is on his way to being the starter for the 49'ers.

Name a good play Manuel has made for the Packers.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Cheez, after the subtle insult I quit reading.

Again I say this. It was Manuels first live action since the Super Bowl. If we don't see improvement Friday. Unleash the complaints.

rob836

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
NDPackerFan said:
Yeah, be like pyle and make sure and be as negative as you can in every post possible and still claim to like the Packers instead.

Yeah OR be positive when your first team gets SLAUGHTERED.

Win or Lose.

PRE SEASON

Funny considered everyone RAVED when they looked good against Atlanta.

Sorry, these were our STARTERS on the field. Whats the excuse? Didthey just forget how to play football or maybe just took the night off? Thats OK it's only pre-season.

Regular season is coming soon, get your excuses ready.

So to win your arguments with your posts, would mean the packers have to lose to the Bears, Which would me you have to root for the Bears to win.

This is proof that you are not a packer fan. Otherwise you lose your arguments.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
NDPackerFan said:
Yeah, be like pyle and make sure and be as negative as you can in every post possible and still claim to like the Packers instead.

Yeah OR be positive when your first team gets SLAUGHTERED.

Win or Lose.

PRE SEASON

Funny considered everyone RAVED when they looked good against Atlanta.

Sorry, these were our STARTERS on the field. Whats the excuse? Didthey just forget how to play football or maybe just took the night off? Thats OK it's only pre-season.

Regular season is coming soon, get your excuses ready.

Who do you think you are? Don't be saying everyone this or that. Not everyone is on the same boat. HENCE why the comments pile up.

There are no excuses. The Packers played awful. Its one game. Its the Pre Season. Get over it. Stop trying to pick fights.

When the regular seasons starts, I won't need excuses.I (unlike yourself) call it straight how I see it. If they bomb, I will state it. If they do well, I will state it. It's not MY fault you fail to notice both sides.

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manuel played especially awful but he is not a starting quality Safety in the NFL.

Refusing to listen does make a person right especially when they asked the question.

I like Zero's Avatar a lot better than his old one.

Members online

Latest posts