So who is the next wash up for the Vikings?

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you want Vikings fans to become Packers fans. It would certainly improve the fanbase.

kidding about the second sentence

Wouldn't you like to see Maryland become Steelers Country if the Ravens moved out of this area? Yeah same difference. I am used to being a glutton for punishment outside of the Pack. Orioles, Capitals, Terps. Trust me neither one of those teams exceed any special limits in sports. The Caps make it to the playoffs every year, and manage to find new ways to **** it up. The Terps in basketball were great for a few years. The Orioles LOL!! Yeah enough said.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their fans expect heartbreak every year. It's depressing.

Then again, I've grown up as a fan of pro and college football teams that have won it all, repeatedly. Makes for a positive (if slightly entitled) mentality.

Funny thing is, few Vikings fans really seem to hate the Packers and almost everyone was rooting for them. I guess if you're that unlucky even the coattails of an NFC North team are good enough.
You CLEARLY are new to the NFC North rivalry.

They hate our guts. We hate theirs. It's been more intense than Packers Bears till this year.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's kinda funny how the rivalry between Packers & "some other NFC North team" is always intense. You never hear too much about DET and MN or even CHI and MN

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's kinda funny how the rivalry between Packers & "some other NFC North team" is always intense. You never hear too much about DET and MN or even CHI and MN

Thats because the Packers are the Giant on the Hill that the other Teams try to knock off....
:viksux::viksux::chisux::chisux::detsux::detsux:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When you're successful, you're always bound to make a few enemies.

What really kills Vikings and Bears fans is how we went from one outstanding quarterback to another without missing much of a beat. They hate that we had Favre, who always kicked their ***, and now have Rodgers, who does the same thing. It is absolutely killing them that the Packers won the Super Bowl with Rodgers, because now they can't say we were only able to win with Favre.

Meanwhile, neither the Vikings or the Bears have had much success finding someone nearly as good at the position.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its kind of amusing if your trying to knock one of the greatest statistical leaders in NFL history who helped the Packers get to 2 Super Bowls.

Jesus Christ, really? The guys is a world class ***HOLE! Who cares what he did for us back then. We have a guy NOW who JUST WON US A CHAMPIONSHIP!

Sorry, but we Packer fans are over Favre. We're over celebrating him, cheering for him and hearing about him. The only thing left to do is make fun of him.

OBF is that way, if you don't like it. ------------->

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what if it is?

Jesus Christ, really? The guys is a world class ***HOLE! Who cares what he did for us back then. We have a guy NOW who JUST WON US A CHAMPIONSHIP!

Sorry, but we Packer fans are over Favre. We're over celebrating him, cheering for him and hearing about him. The only thing left to do is make fun of him.

OBF is that way, if you don't like it. ------------->

he's an a-hole for trying to win with other teams when the Packers didnt want him?
he's human/a man, he made mistakes. The fact is he won a Super Bowl as a Packer. You cant have a -TitleTown- unless you have multiple titles and a long history and he was part of that history. Do you seriously not like the man?

we Packer fans are over Favre..? what does this mean ? what is it you have to be over with?

who cares what he did for you back then ? you only have 11 and not 12 without him.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, no. We'd only have 12 and not 13 without his win. Rodgers won #13 yesterday.

And we're not really gonna rehash why Favre is a ********* to a non-Packers fan, are we? The topic has been beaten to death ad-nauseum, and there's a search bar at the top. Please, feel free to use it.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh geez, we're not really gonna rehash why Favre is a ********* to a non-Packers fan, are we? The topic has been beaten to death ad-nauseum, and there's a search bar at the top. Please, feel free to use it.

just for the record, the Packers and Rams are my top 2 favorite teams.

I am a 45 year old adult male. I am a sports fan in general as well. I find it quite amusing when someone feels the need to take it personal and bash a highly successful individual who brought success to a franchise.

haha, I can understand knocking Andre Rison more than I can THE Brett Favre haha

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am a 45 year old adult male. I am a sports fan in general as well. I find it quite amusing when someone feels the need to take it personal and bash a highly successful individual who brought success to a franchise.

haha, I can understand knocking Andre Rison more than I can THE Brett Favre haha

Favre is a POS... plain and simple.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's fine that you have two teams you root for, but what that tells me is you're not really that passionate about either one. This is why it's hard for me, someone who is extremely passionate about the Green Bay Packers, to explain to you, someone who just "Likes the Packers" why I have no problem with making fun of him.

I don't care that he helped us win a title 14 years ago, and I'm tired of fans from other teams or Brett Favre fans telling me that I should. Sorry, but f--k you. You have no right to tell me how I should feel about Brett and how he betrayed my beloved organization.

I do care that he held this team hostage for the last 3 years of his career here. I do care that he created off-season problems for us when he couldn't make up his mind and decided at the last minute to un-retire. I do care that he put himself above the team and ultimately betrayed us by weaseling his way onto the roster of our most hated rival in an attempt to get back at my beloved organization.

Yes, I take that personally, because it wasn't just sticking it to Ted. It was also sticking it to us fans.

Did these past two off-seasons show you nothing about what an egotistical drama queen Brett is? I mean, he had to have 3 people send a private plane for him in order for him to come and play for Minnesota last year! He had to have the coach call him, conveniently after training camp was over, and beg him to return. He's a narcissist of the worst kind, and is not deserving of my respect any longer.

So no, I don't respect the guy. I think he's a world class *********. While it's nice he won us one championship during his 16 years here, that doesn't make up for or excuse his ******* behavior.

And for that I will never forget.

End subject.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score

no he wasnt. He was a winning Green Bay Packer.

just like Rodgers is a current winning Green Bay Packer.

I'm sure Bart Starr, Rodgers, and Lynn ****ey have nothing against Favre. So why is it important to you to feel the need to have something against him?

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the thing is Favre has been a jerk since he was at So Miss. Wolf took a chance on a kid that was known as a party boy and undisciplined when he traded for him. Hell Favre was similar in a way to Big Ben this year when they won the Super Bowl, he had be addicted to Vicodin and went to rehab for it and alcohol, but we as a fan base forgave him after he took the Packers to the Super Bowl and won it, then took us to another one.

We, as a fan base, blinded oursleves to his previous attitude because he won, brought Lombardi home and expceted him to bring us more. we got close then lost in 07. His Prima dona attitude started showing itself after '04.

Why 04? well thats when Sherman was fired as GM and TT was hired, drafted Rodgers and started dumping guys that were Brett's buddies left and right to fix the screw up that Sherman had stuck us with. Not signing Randy Moss was the point where he threw his tantrum and retired. THREE TIMES after he retired he said he was going to come back before the draft, and renigged at the last moment all three times. Then he pulled his BS that summer.

Yeah...we've got a reason to be pissed at him and knock him, the ultimate "Team" guy turned out to be anything but.

Hopefully Rodgers doesn't forget that and continues as the "boy next door" even with all the acaldes thrown at him this week and from now on

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no he wasnt. He was a winning Green Bay Packer.

just like Rodgers is a current winning Green Bay Packer.

I'm sure Bart Starr, Rodgers, and Lynn ****ey have nothing against Favre. So why is it important to you to feel the need to have something against him?

Rodgers has no relationship with him, he's said so.

Bart Star, WAY to classy of a guy to even talk about his feelings on the matter

****ey? why are you bring up a guy who did nothing for Green Bay except one playoff apperance? doubt he even had much of a relationship with Favre

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's fine that you have two teams you root for, but what that tells me is you're not really that passionate about either one. This is why it's hard for me, someone who is extremely passionate about the Green Bay Packers, to explain to you, someone who just "Likes the Packers" why I have no problem with making fun of him.

I don't care that he helped us win a title 14 years ago, and I'm tired of fans from other teams or Brett Favre fans telling me that I should. Sorry, but f--k you. You have no right to tell me how I should feel about Brett and how he betrayed my beloved organization.

I do care that he held this team hostage for the last 3 years of his career here. I do care that he created off-season problems for us when he couldn't make up his mind and decided at the last minute to un-retire. I do care that he put himself above the team and ultimately betrayed us by weaseling his way onto the roster of our most hated rival in an attempt to get back at my beloved organization.

Yes, I take that personally, because it wasn't just sticking it to Ted. It was also sticking it to us fans.

Did these past two off-seasons show you nothing about what an egotistical drama queen Brett is? I mean, he had to have 3 people send a private plane for him in order for him to come and play for Minnesota last year! He had to have the coach call him, conveniently after training camp was over, and beg him to return. He's a narcissist of the worst kind, and is not deserving of my respect any longer.

So no, I don't respect the guy. I think he's a world class *********. While it's nice he won us one championship during his 16 years here, that doesn't make up for or excuse his ******* behavior.

And for that I will never forget.

End subject.

Passionate? Sports is entertainment television. When the game is over, my life goes on and I gained nothing from a favorite team winning or losing for that matter.

I am a sports fan. I dont need to be a myopic praiser of a team and be emotionally involved to be a sports fan.
the NFL is a business, its not a gang war.

I got James loftons rookie autogragh as A kid at packers training camp { along with Ezra Johnson haha)

I have a replica Nitschke jersey, a collectors Nitschke statue, a cheese head. and 3 or 4 Favre statues haha.

passion needs to be for things that matter in your personal life or the betterment of a community of people. Not getting emotionally involved with a team on your TV screen.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score

****ey? why are you bring up a guy who did nothing for Green Bay except one playoff apperance? doubt he even had much of a relationship with Favre

I didnt say they were friends. I said they have nothing against each other. Have you not seen Favre and Rodgers greet each other at head to head games ? They dont hate each other, they understand its a business.
I guarantee you Starr could care less what the media says about Favre and knows Favre is just going through his life developing wisdom with each day he lives.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didnt say they were friends. I said they have nothing against each other. Have you not seen Favre and Rodgers greet each other at head to head games ? They dont hate each other, they understand its a business.
I guarantee you Starr could care less what the media says about Favre and knows Favre is just going through his life developing wisdom with each day he lives.

I didn't say Rodgers hated Favre, I said he has no relationship with him. It showed in GB when Favre told the media there was no way he was going to "show him the ropes" and help him become better, which was totally against what he did with Hasellbeck, Bono, Pederson, Burnell, and other guys what were back ups. This was all on Favre for being a class A jerk

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I didn't say Rodgers hated Favre, I said he has no relationship with him. It showed in GB when Favre told the media there was no way he was going to "show him the ropes" and help him become better, which was totally against what he did with Hasellbeck, Bono, Pederson, Burnell, and other guys what were back ups. This was all on Favre for being a class A jerk

have you not been around long enough to know Favre is a tongue in cheek bullshiter to begin with haha? Do you believe everything the media tries to spin to you?
and- the past is the past. None of what you bring up matters anymore. What matters is, Favre was one of the greatest QBs in Packers and NFL history. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, dude, Favre straight up said it, and Rodgers has said he didn't do anything to help him.

Yah Favre is a prankster, but he's also an arrogant ***** which he has shown over the last 3 years.

Favre is 1st ballot HOF'er no doubt about it. one of the best all time. NO ONE says otherwise. He will be in the Packer HOF at some point and his number will be retired

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Passionate? Sports is entertainment television. When the game is over, my life goes on and I gained nothing from a favorite team winning or losing for that matter.

I am a sports fan. I dont need to be a myopic praiser of a team and be emotionally involved to be a sports fan.
the NFL is a business, its not a gang war.

I got James loftons rookie autogragh as A kid at packers training camp { along with Ezra Johnson haha)

I have a replica Nitschke jersey, a collectors Nitschke statue, a cheese head. and 3 or 4 Favre statues haha.

passion needs to be for things that matter in your personal life or the betterment of a community of people. Not getting emotionally involved with a team on your TV screen.

Well, good for you Mr. "I'm too good to care that much about sports."

I'd say passion needs to be for thing WE want them to be, not for things YOU want them to be. And you lack of passion completely invalidates every argument you'll ever make about why we fans should just blindly accept Fraud back into our lives.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Really? Are you privvy to any private conversations those two might have?

There's being cordial on the field and then there's genuine dislike. If you saw any of Aaron's pressers during Super Bowl week, you'd know he rolled his eyes every time someone mentioned the F word.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts