So who is the next wash up for the Vikings?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see McNabb, Young or Bulger.

The RB coach from Tennessee is now the QB coach for the Vikings, so that possibility makes sense.

McNabb still has a little left in the tank and is familiar with a west coast style of offense. His time in Washington is over, so I fully expect to see him out of there.

Bulger will want a chance to start again. I can see him in Minnesota or Arizona.

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McNabb will go there just like a certain Philadelphia Eagles QB did oh about 15 years ago right? Have fun Donovan. Enjoy the awful management, and the torment of not winning the big one. AGAIN.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cam Newton needs a lot of work & it takes someone w/ the desire to work to be successful in the NFL...Sanchez the exception

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McNabb will go there just like a certain Philadelphia Eagles QB did oh about 15 years ago right? Have fun Donovan. Enjoy the awful management, and the torment of not winning the big one. AGAIN.

not only all that, but the lack of a stadium and playing in a college one will suck for them pansy's in MN

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised noboby mentioned Joe Webb, think they might give him a shot? Oh wait I forgot the Vikes only like other teams' castoffs :viksux:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB is just one of their problems. Offensive line, defensive line, receiver, linebacker, cornerback and safety are a few others.

You gotta love it.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised noboby mentioned Joe Webb, think they might give him a shot? Oh wait I forgot the Vikes only like other teams' castoffs :viksux:

You'd think by now the Vikes would start using what ever common sense they have, if it didn't work the first five times why do they think it'll work the sixth time. They keep using a system that has been broken for years but think it'l win them a super bowl by using it.

Idiots.

Black and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody going with Kevin Kolb?

I saw Larry Fitzgerald wants the Cards to go after either Kolb or Bulger.

I think Vince Young will end up in Minnesota

I'd go for Kolb with a trade, assuming the CBA allows him to be traded, and traded in time to get some meaningful playtime. Ryan Mallett might be around long enough in the draft and would be a good pickup.

McNabb is more likely and not a great choice IMO, but may be good enough for a short term pickup. I'd rather see him than Vince Young.

Webb is a roll of the dice.

They keep using a system that has been broken for years but think it'l win them a super bowl by using it.

It nearly got them there. Johnson played fairly well. George played pretty well.

As long as Culpepper doesn't come back...

Black and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly hope they move out of Minnesota, so that Minneapolis once again bleeds Green and Yellow for many years to come bwahahaha.

So you want Vikings fans to become Packers fans. It would certainly improve the fanbase.

kidding about the second sentence

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It nearly got them there. Johnson played fairly well. George played pretty well.

As long as Culpepper doesn't come back...
Lol they've NEARLY got there for as long as they've existed.

They can't get in there. In the end, they fail.

It's awesome to see the Vikings get close and fail. The Falcons game was one of the best moments in my life. I mean, the kicker was 100% in the season! And he missed THEN? An easy kick?

It doesn't get more hilarious than that. :viksux:

Black and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol they've NEARLY got there for as long as they've existed.

They can't get in there. In the end, they fail.

Their fans expect heartbreak every year. It's depressing.

Then again, I've grown up as a fan of pro and college football teams that have won it all, repeatedly. Makes for a positive (if slightly entitled) mentality.

Funny thing is, few Vikings fans really seem to hate the Packers and almost everyone was rooting for them. I guess if you're that unlucky even the coattails of an NFC North team are good enough.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Also add Jeff George, Brad Johnson (second time), Kelly Holcomb, Gus Frerotte, and I'm sure a few other re-treads I am forgetting about.

If they were smart they should try to get Kyle Orton.

But, it's the Vikes so they'll sign another bandaid over the hill guy - I will go with McNabb. Then they'll draft a 5th round project who might be ready to play in 5 years.

Thanks for reminding me, I knew I didn't have them all. To list them all, i would have had to break out my old cards from the 90's, cause I know I had almost every one of their washed up quarterbacks on one page LOL

:viksux:

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
actually what I would like to see is Orton in Purple go into Chicago and kick their ***** just to show those idiot Bear fans what kind of QB they got rid of to sell themselves out for Cutler

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of late, I think MN lives in the illusion that they are always going to be a competitive team, and this year could ALWAYS be the year. It's like they've never heard of a rebuilding year. I see them gooing for McNabb bc "next year is their year."

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
actually what I would like to see is Orton in Purple go into Chicago and kick their ***** just to show those idiot Bear fans what kind of QB they got rid of to sell themselves out for Cutler

I never thought about that, but I'm not a believer in Kyle Orton, but as we know, a wash up in Minnesota will have one career year, before running out of juice.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never thought about that, but I'm not a believer in Kyle Orton, but as we know, a wash up in Minnesota will have one career year, before running out of juice.

If he had been on any other team coming out of Purdue then he would have been a fine QB. He proved himself while being a back up to "**** Rexy" and again in Denver. Both teams screw him over and as much as I hate the Viqueens I would love to see him go there and kick the Bears *****...

If next year ended
Packers
Lions
Vikings/Bears :viksux::chisux:

I would be ecstatic

Members online

Latest posts