So who is the AFC Target?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
What a crazy year it has been for the other teams outside the dominate conference...

Everyone still loves New England, yet their defense is as bad as ours. Brady is still Brady, but starting to show some of his age earlier this season.

Just as Han Solo would say "I have a bad feeling about this", for me it would be referring to Baltimore. I wanted a Ravens/Packers Super Bowl really really bad. I don't think I'll get that. 8-0 at home, losing games on the road and they'll be playing a feisty under rated Bengals team this weekend that will be playing for their lives to make it as a wild card.

Then on the other hand, yes....Pittsburgh, the team that you love to hate so much you'd think your heart was black as their helmet. I'm counting on a Pittsburgh/Green Bay rematch. They got swept by Baltimore, but that don't mean anything...No one knew that the Ravens would play down to their opponents on the road proving just how bad they are one dimensional with all defense and not much offense.

Oh and the poor Texans that don't look ready for Post season.

Who wins the AFC West?

All this is up in the air while the NFC seems quite clear of a picture.

Who do you think wins the AFC now?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Depends who wins the North. And even then it may not matter since both defenses can travel well on the road and are proven in playoff road games.

The injury to Brady's shoulder might be worth watching too. Last year heading into the playoffs it was his foot.

I have a strange feeling on Oakland too if they sneak in and possibly more if it's #6. You know the spirit of Al Davis and all that stuff. Seems like a funky team to me with ghosts and karma and all kinds of crap.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Depends who wins the North. And even then it may not matter since both defenses can travel well on the road and are proven in playoff road games.

The injury to Brady's shoulder might be worth watching too. Last year heading into the playoffs it was his foot.

I have a strange feeling on Oakland too if they sneak in and possibly more if it's #6. You know the spirit of Al Davis and all that stuff. Seems like a funky team to me with ghosts and karma and all kinds of crap.

Ohhhhh I know what you're talking about, those Raider fans over on another board I visit want revenge on the tuck game. Now that would make my day if they beat NE in the first round.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'm not buying any aging Brady crap. Brady's football smarts are above and beyond anyone. As long as Brady is in the game, they can have a chance to beat anybody, even with their defense. Brady has played through worse and done just fine.

I was high on Baltimore but they seem more and more like pretenders every week. They are inconsistent overall and pretty one dimensional, and with Anquan Bouldin out, thats a big hit to their offense which already in a state of identity crisis.

If Roethlisberger was healthier they Steelers would have a better chance than Baltimore even though they swept them in the regular season.

I'm still going to say the Patriots. There are a lot of good defensive teams repping the AFC in the playoffs, but not a whole lot of teams that are capable of scoring with Brady, even with their terrible defense. The only ones that are capable of it are the Steelers and maybe the Texans, but the Texans have a rookie QB and Roethlisberger is beat to hell.

Plus even if Roethlisberger is healthy, he's not the most accurate passer out there. Ben is pretty much guaranteed to turn it over at least once in a game, and giving Brady extra possessions could easily put a game out of reach.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Ohhhhh I know what you're talking about, those Raider fans over on another board I visit want revenge on the tuck game. Now that would make my day if they beat NE in the first round.

I love this recent quote from Hue Jackson,

"Everything that me and Coach Davis used to talk about, those things are true, and it's still alive." I'm going to say this, and I believe it in my whole heart; I've never said this to anybody else, but the man told me, 'Hue, we will win it in the end,' and I believe that."

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I love this recent quote from Hue Jackson,

"Everything that me and Coach Davis used to talk about, those things are true, and it's still alive." I'm going to say this, and I believe it in my whole heart; I've never said this to anybody else, but the man told me, 'Hue, we will win it in the end,' and I believe that."

They do deserve revenge for NE getting the refs help against them (even though the Raiders kinda should be thankful they didn't make the Super Bowl that year. St. Louis would have crushed them)

Anytime the Pats get knocked out in the first round, it's funny to me.

I think both the Packers and Patriots defensive problems are really going to be visible in the playoffs, sadly.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Cincy can lose to the Ravens. They are young and Baltimore is great in the division. It's not really a trap game to me for them. I mean, Baltimore really could use the bye to get Boldin and others healthy. And not to mention Ray Lewis is 50 years old and could use a week off.

And I would like Oakland now as the 6th seed. Al Davis already likes to play in Houston.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/33656/was-davis-the-11th-raider-on-the-field

This story keeps getting more amazing.

Hue Jackson told his players Sunday after the amazing win over the Houston Texans, that owner Al Davis -- who died Saturday at the age of 82 -- had something to do with Oakland safety Michael Huff's interception of Matt Schaub in the end zone on the final play. There was room for Davis on the field.

The Raiders had 10 men on the field for the final play of the game.

Thanks to all the readers who reached out to me about this. I watched the film of the play. It sure looks like 10 players on the field to me.

The story was already amazing. Now, it’s poetically stunning.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Oh yeah. And the Titans better not get in. Most boring team in the AFC I swear. Houston better win Sunday. Sounds like Houston will go for the win since they have Wade and Andre back and don't want a young team heading into the playoffs on 3 losses. Also Yates needs the practice. I don't think TN will run on Houston anyway.

I don't care if Tebow wins. The refs may want Tebow to win though so they can milk at least one playoff game out of him.

I think it would be funny if all the breaks fell the Jets way UNTIL the Raiders game and they get the win. Even funnier would be Palmer knocking the Jets out of the playoffs when the Bengals lost 2 straight games to end the season to the Jets in 2009.

I really want the Raiders as the 6th seed if people can't tell already lol. I think they could add an interesting element to the AFC as bad as they have been at times this year. I don't know if they get McFadden back for the playoffs either if they make it but they might. Raiders at Patriots would also just be ridiculously cool and spooky. And Richard Seymour on the Raiders too? Heck yeah. He blocked a FG or two to get that win over the Chiefs btw. Still think that was an awful trade by NE.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't care if Tebow wins. The refs may want Tebow to win though so they can milk at least one playoff game out of him.

I think they already determined that when they went back and changed his 4th INT last saturday into a fumble.

The NFL is going to become the NBA if they keep up with that ****. And for the record, that INT they changed to a fumble, they better go back and change every INT into a fumble that happened to quarterbacks the same way. Why Tebow got the special treatment on that is beyond me. I think because he's money in the bank to them. Just like the NBA does the top selling jerseys for favoritism on foul shots (LOL just watch the Miami Heat. 28 free throws last night. Refs do anything to help LeBron and Kobe)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think they already determined that when they went back and changed his 4th INT last saturday into a fumble.

The NFL is going to become the NBA if they keep up with that ****. And for the record, that INT they changed to a fumble, they better go back and change every INT into a fumble that happened to quarterbacks the same way. Why Tebow got the special treatment on that is beyond me. I think because he's money in the bank to them. Just like the NBA does the top selling jerseys for favoritism on foul shots (LOL just watch the Miami Heat. 28 free throws last night. Refs do anything to help LeBron and Kobe)

:roflmao:
Oh Tebow. Oh NFL. It's kinda funny though at times. Tebow has the game at home so that helps too.

OT but as for the NBA I almost expect the Heat to win it all this year barring major injury. The league wants Lebron to get his ring desperately. I am not as sure they like the Lakers as much as they used to after canceling the trade for Paul. The Lakers got Gasol for a bag of chips years ago. Phil Jackson not being there takes away much of their mystique.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
:roflmao:
Oh Tebow. Oh NFL. It's kinda funny though at times. Tebow has the game at home so that helps too.

OT but as for the NBA I almost expect the Heat to win it all this year barring major injury. The league wants Lebron to get his ring desperately. I am not as sure they like the Lakers as much as they used to after canceling the trade for Paul. The Lakers got Gasol for a bag of chips years ago. Phil Jackson not being there takes away much of their mystique.

When they denied the Chris Paul trade that just confirmed they will do anything and everything to make sure Miami wins it this year. It's NOT ok for LA to do that, but it is OK for Miami last year? lol

I have thought the NBA was rigged for years. those games of the Lakers between the Kings, and the Trail Blazers just proved the refs helped them get that far. Oh and also, the 2006 Finals with Miami against Dallas were Wade shot over 90 free throws; rigged.

When LeBron played the international games a few years back, he only got 3 free throws in those games, where he is averaging 13 free throws in the NBA, yeah more proof there. But the biggest proof this season is, the Heat have the most games on ESPN, and LeBron and Wade have the most sponsors/commercials/advertisements if they do win it, that's just money in the bank for David Stern.

Why is the NBA rigged? I think because they are desperate for the next Jordan figure. It was Kobe in the early 2000's, and that's why they had big help from the refs against the Kings and Trail Blazers. it was Wade in 2006, big help again there with the Finals. Now it's LeBron.

I don't watch the NBA anymore, not since Jordan retired. I do enjoy college basketball, used to watch Indiana when i got the chance to see coach Knight going crazy.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anytime the Pats get knocked out in the first round, it's funny to me.
I think both the Packers and Patriots defensive problems are really going to be visible in the playoffs, sadly.
Me too.... I love love love seeing Belichick and Brady lose in the playoffs. It's the next happiest feeling I get in football, outside of us winning.
They did get lucky with the BS tuck rule.
They also got lucky that their FG kicker always made the clutch kicks and didn't Scott Norwood them.

A Packers-Patriots Super Bowl could be first team to 50 wins. It'd be a fun game.
Both teams are #1 seeds.... it could happen.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
When they denied the Chris Paul trade that just confirmed they will do anything and everything to make sure Miami wins it this year. It's NOT ok for LA to do that, but it is OK for Miami last year? lol

I have thought the NBA was rigged for years. those games of the Lakers between the Kings, and the Trail Blazers just proved the refs helped them get that far. Oh and also, the 2006 Finals with Miami against Dallas were Wade shot over 90 free throws; rigged.

When LeBron played the international games a few years back, he only got 3 free throws in those games, where he is averaging 13 free throws in the NBA, yeah more proof there. But the biggest proof this season is, the Heat have the most games on ESPN, and LeBron and Wade have the most sponsors/commercials/advertisements if they do win it, that's just money in the bank for David Stern.

Why is the NBA rigged? I think because they are desperate for the next Jordan figure. It was Kobe in the early 2000's, and that's why they had big help from the refs against the Kings and Trail Blazers. it was Wade in 2006, big help again there with the Finals. Now it's LeBron.

I don't watch the NBA anymore, not since Jordan retired. I do enjoy college basketball, used to watch Indiana when i got the chance to see coach Knight going crazy.

Also by denying the Lakers trade they ruined team chemistry. No Phil to patch things up. Odom wanted out so they had to let him go. Gasol stayed but knows he was not wanted anymore. And now when you watch the Lakers you have to hear "World Peace" instead of Artest. And Kobe and his divorce.

The Pacers are a young team on the rise who should make the playoffs again this year. Will they have a real shot? Probably not. No.

Oh and.......
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Me too.... I love love love seeing Belichick and Brady lose in the playoffs. It's the next happiest feeling I get in football, outside of us winning.
They did get lucky with the BS tuck rule.
They also got lucky that their FG kicker always made the clutch kicks and didn't Scott Norwood them.

A Packers-Patriots Super Bowl could be first team to 50 wins. It'd be a fun game.
Both teams are #1 seeds.... it could happen.

That actually makes it more rare sadly. I think there has only been two #1 vs. #1's since the early 90's. Cowboys/Bills and Colts/Saints.

Glad you mentioned a certain ex Pats kicker. I just love him. Clutchest dude on the planet. He saved our butts too in the 2006 divisional game in Baltimore and in a few games in the regular season in 2006. No way Vandy makes all those FGs from those distances in a big game. No way. Vinatieri is a good luck charm for the Pats/Colts. No AV and no SB win since he left for NE. :)

With Adam the Colts probably head into OT vs. the Steelers in 2005. That kick by the drunken idiot was so badly missed people still joke "they are still looking for that ball."

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be the Steelers or Ravens in the Superbowl imo.
And it all depends on whether they meet in the playoffs.

If they do meet in the playoffs then I reckon the steeelers take it, I don't see them getting beat by the ravens for a 3rd time this year.

If they don't I can see the Ravens going to the big dance

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts