So who is going #1 over all?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I would hope for 3-4 quarterbacks being selected before pick #12, but I wouldn't bet on it. Joe Flacco and Nick Foles are likely to fill a need at quarterback for a couple of teams prior to the draft, and I'm not convinced any of the current rookie class of QB's is worthy of a top 10 pick. Still, hope springs eternal......

Agreed and its not a very strong QB draft to hold out too much hope that teams ahead of our pick at #12 reach too far to grab one. Nor does it seem like there are as many teams desperate for a QB like some years and you are right, Foles and Flacco could lessen that need even more.

Seems like the potential 1st round QB's are:
  1. Haskins
  2. Lock
  3. Jones
  4. Murray
Hopefully, Haskins and Lock are off the board before #12 and with his showing at the Senior Bowl, Jones may have moved up quite a bit.

Of the 11 teams currently slated to pick ahead of us, it would seem that only the Giants, Jags and Broncos would be looking at QB's. Miami with the #13 pick might try to move up ahead of one or more of those 3 teams. I could see trading back to #15 with Washington, if "their QB" is sitting there at #12 and Miami didn't move up.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed and its not a very strong QB draft to hold out too much hope that teams ahead of our pick at #12 reach too far to grab one. Nor does it seem like there are as many teams desperate for a QB like some years and you are right, Foles and Flacco could lessen that need even more.

Seems like the potential 1st round QB's are:
  1. Haskins
  2. Lock
  3. Jones
  4. Murray
Hopefully, Haskins and Lock are off the board before #12 and with his showing at the Senior Bowl, Jones may have moved up quite a bit.

Of the 11 teams currently slated to pick ahead of us, it would seem that only the Giants, Jags and Broncos would be looking at QB's. Miami with the #13 pick might try to move up ahead of one or more of those 3 teams. I could see trading back to #15 with Washington, if "their QB" is sitting there at #12 and Miami didn't move up.

It seems that both the Redskins and the Giants may be in the market for a QB. Being that they are divisional rivals, that could play into Green Bay's favor if the Redskins feel a sudden urge to jump up ahead of the Giants to grab a QB. #15 to a top five, however, would be an expensive leap.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems that both the Redskins and the Giants may be in the market for a QB. Being that they are divisional rivals, that could play into Green Bay's favor if the Redskins feel a sudden urge to jump up ahead of the Giants to grab a QB. #15 to a top five, however, would be an expensive leap.

Now that they aren't expecting Smith to be back next year it does open up the possibility. It would mean they would have to essentially give up on Smith altogether though which would not be that big of a surprise. Even if they pick a QB high and he sits for year behind someone else I doubt they would want to have him wait for Alex Smith in 2020

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Now that they aren't expecting Smith to be back next year it does open up the possibility. It would mean they would have to essentially give up on Smith altogether though which would not be that big of a surprise. Even if they pick a QB high and he sits for year behind someone else I doubt they would want to have him wait for Alex Smith in 2020
Yup and a situation that the Packers could find themselves in with Rodgers some day. Fortunately, there aren't a lot of injuries that occur in the NFL that put a player out for 1+ years, but you never know.

Washington still has $42M of dead cap on Smith. Packers have $59.4M with Rodgers. Guaranteed money can really come back to bite a team, especially in the case of a severely injured older QB, where you might be faced with the decision of "do we just move on"?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw an updated mock from Ryan Wilson at CBS sports that had Quinnen Williams going #1 to the Cardinals new mock from CBS sports that had Williams going #1.

He has the Packers taking Brian Burns and Hockenson

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just saw an updated mock from Ryan Wilson at CBS sports that had Quinnen Williams going #1 to the Cardinals new mock from CBS sports that had Williams going #1.

He has the Packers taking Brian Burns and Hockenson

I actually like Burns, from the limited film and what I read about him, but he looks like a bit of a project to go as early as #12. He definitely is quick at getting to the QB and has a long reach, but appears like he is going to need to bulk up as well as learn how to be a better run defender to play all 3 downs.

EDIT: Should have watched more than his highlight film :) Watching a game film of him against Miami, not as impressive.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually like Burns, from the limited film and what I read about him, but he looks like a bit of a project to go as early as #12. He definitely is quick at getting to the QB and has a long reach, but appears like he is going to need to bulk up as well as learn how to be a better run defender to play all 3 downs.

EDIT: Should have watched more than his highlight film :) Watching a game film of him against Miami, not as impressive.

I was also going to say the Bosa drop has begun. Start slow. One spot this week, another one next week and it will start to snowball from there. Pretty soon...Boom Bosa to the Packers at #12.

I don't know what you've done Poker but whatever you did is working. You sneaky little bugger you. I like how you did it too. Deflecting focus away with your reluctance to commit to the task. Keeping the initial steps small and under wraps until the coup de grass on draft day. I can't wait for the piece of the resistance that brings your fiendishly clever plan to a head and culminates in the greatest theft of college talent since...well since forever man. Move over Rembrandt. Move over Van Go. Step aside Jackson ******* and clear the room Banksy. We have a new artist king in town and his name is Pokerbrat2000. Long live the king.

Of course you realize if it doesn't happen everyone in Packerdom will despise you forever. No pressure.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have go to imagine a trade down IF Bosa isn't AZ's choice at #1... would be quite the bidding war.

Not impressed with Burns, either. Much more impressed with the speed & physicality of Jachai Polite (who's also been mocked to Packers w/ #12) assuming Bosa, Josh Allen and Clelin Ferrel are already gone.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Move over Rembrandt. Move over Van Go. Step aside Jackson ******* and clear the room Banksy. We have a new artist king in town and his name is Pokerbrat2000. Long live the king.

Of course you realize if it doesn't happen everyone in Packerdom will despise you forever. No pressure.

LOL.....no...no pressure at all, aren't all those guys dead? :coffee:

The Packers already spoiled most of my "fiendishly clever plan" when they beat the Falcons and Jets. But maybe if we all keeping talking up QB's, CB's, WR's and RB's...the news will filter out to the 11 teams ahead of us and we can still land a coveted whale!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL.....no...no pressure at all, aren't all those guys dead? :coffee:

The Packers already spoiled most of my "fiendishly clever plan" when they beat the Falcons and Jets. But maybe if we all keeping talking up QB's, CB's, WR's and RB's...the news will filter out to the 11 teams ahead of us and we can still land a coveted whale!

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Clever. I like it. Rather than convince all the other teams Bosa isn't that good convince them that everyone else is better. Gosh you are so smart.

Oh, and I couldn't think of any living artist because I have a hard time convincing myself the crap that is done nowadays is actually art. No friends, sadly the last real artist died on July 4th 1995.

Bob Ross for those who were curious. Kudos to you if you already knew. I had to look it up.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
OOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Clever. I like it. Rather than convince all the other teams Bosa isn't that good convince them that everyone else is better. Gosh you are so smart.

Bob Ross for those who were curious. Kudos to you if you already knew. I had to look it up.

I'm disappointed, the Bob Ross image isn't showing, what did you do, post one of your private naked pics of him? :cautious:

We can still do some "Bosa Bashing" to put a smoke screen around him. I mean really, is he THAT good or is it just his name? Only 17 1/2 sacks in his 2+ years at OSU. Limited film, left his teammates.....I think anyone would be crazy to take him until about the 12th pick. :coffee:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm disappointed, the Bob Ross image isn't showing, what did you do, post one of your private naked pics of him? :cautious:

We can still do some "Bosa Bashing" to put a smoke screen around him. I mean really, is he THAT good or is it just his name? Only 17 1/2 sacks in his 2+ years at OSU. Limited film, left his teammates.....I think anyone would be crazy to take him until about the 12th pick. :coffee:

Actually it was just space. I wanted to make people work for it and...hey...what was that supposed to mean.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was also going to say the Bosa drop has begun. Start slow. One spot this week, another one next week and it will start to snowball from there. Pretty soon...Boom Bosa to the Packers at #12.

I don't know what you've done Poker but whatever you did is working. You sneaky little bugger you. I like how you did it too. Deflecting focus away with your reluctance to commit to the task. Keeping the initial steps small and under wraps until the coup de grass on draft day. I can't wait for the piece of the resistance that brings your fiendishly clever plan to a head and culminates in the greatest theft of college talent since...well since forever man. Move over Rembrandt. Move over Van Go. Step aside Jackson ******* and clear the room Banksy. We have a new artist king in town and his name is Pokerbrat2000. Long live the king.

Van Gogh,

Sheesh yanks......;);)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Van Gogh,

Sheesh yanks......;);)

Well, my van didn't go this afternoon when I left work. New battery and frozen fingers and it purrs like a kitten.

That's how it is spelled but do you pronounce it like you are coughing up a hairball too.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
My 2nd favorite Farley sketch of all time... behind Chippendale's w/ Patrick Swayze.

I miss that guy! My parents and his parents were casual friends. My cousin went to Edgewood High School with him and he was the quintessential class clown. Chris will always be remembered fondly in Madison!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drafttek I started with their mock draft 7 rounds. You guys might enjoy fanspeak.com where you can make your own picks based off of various different boards. I tried a few and kept ending up with the linebacker from LSU and Hockinson. On one board I got them and Polite in the 2nd. I'd be pretty happy with an outcome like that.

Members online

Latest posts