So when ?

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

So when does the manouvering start ? I know the draft is April ???(sic), but will and more importantly can the Packers be moving on any free agents ?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The league year begins March 12 at 4:00 pm EST, which is when free agency and trades begin.

Also, I wouldn't hold my breath over the Packers signing anyone with a recognizable name in free agency, certainly not at the start of free agency. If anything, we'll do like we did last year and wait until after the draft to see who's left and can be had at a discount.

OP
OP
I

The league year begins March 12 at 4:00 pm EST, which is when free agency and trades begin.

Also, I wouldn't hold my breath over the Packers signing anyone with a recognizable name in free agency, certainly not at the start of free agency. If anything, we'll do like we did last year and wait until after the draft to see who's left and can be had at a discount.
Thanks Chris.....:tup:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alot of the free agency stuff actually happens at the combine. Lots of tampering going on right now.

Obviously that goes on when you have a player signed 14 minutes after the start of free agency

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, stuff will start to leak but the Packers will be one of the last teams that you can reasonably expect to hear about with any legitimate leaks. The Ted administration is notoriously tight-lipped and close to the vest.

H

HardRightEdge

Alot of the free agency stuff actually happens at the combine. Lots of tampering going on right now.

Obviously that goes on when you have a player signed 14 minutes after the start of free agency

Technically, negotiations with UFAs can begin March 9, which might account for some quick announcements on the 12th. Tampering is certainly plausible.

Further, there's a distinction between UFAs still under contract until 3/12 vs. players who have already been released. It appears this latter street FA category can make a deal at any time. For example, it has been reported that Canty has received a contract offer from TEN, but declined to continue shopping.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Boys...boys...boys.... no hair pulling please. ;) Bwahahahaha... :) Gotta tell ya, this is the kind of ribbing that keeps me coming back during the off-season.

OP
OP
I

I thought you could take the humor...Clearly I was wrong

I am sorry it offended you..I apologize
I have sent a message to you privately. There has been a mix up. From this end at least, there is no hard feelings. A mix up of your english and my english. For my part I apologise to you too. I DO have a sense of humour, honest.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You see, L.T. ... you need to learn to write with an English accent. :geek: You need to insert silent "U's" and substitute an "s" for a "z" ... my gawd man, didn't you learn anything from Monty Python's Flying Circus? :)

OP
OP
I

You see, L.T. ... you need to learn to write with an English accent. :geek: You need to insert silent "U's" and substitute an "s" for a "z" ... my gawd man, didn't you learn anything from Monty Python's Flying Circus? :)
Weeds ?...... :laugh: That`s called the Queens English. Proper English.....REAL English !!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts