So, what happens with Special Teams this offseason?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Does Slocum go?

I think we need to look for a guy who specializes in the return game a little deeper into the draft. We simply don't have anyone who can consistently catch the ball, and return it well. Jordy looked okay on Sunday, but Tramon almost muffed a punt. I don't like having Tramon back there anyways.

I want Slocum gone, because I don't think the issues that we've seen on ST are going to just resolve. Unfortunately, I just don't see it happening this year. Especially, since well, you know, we're world champions and all.

So what happens? Do we have to hold our breath on every ST play for another year?

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
fire slocum and find guy who knows how to run a special teams correctly. need to get mason crosby to be a bit mor accurate. he has a huge leg. we got a solid young punter. need to draft a kick returner

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
We need a kick returner. Would love to spend a draft pick on one, and possibly let Jennings and DD mentor him to be a receiver. We also could use a few more Jarrett Bush's for ST.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
We need a kick returner. Would love to spend a draft pick on one, and possibly let Jennings and DD mentor him to be a receiver. We also could use a few more Jarrett Bush's for ST.

Bush is best on ST, lets keep him on it. But yeah a good returner would be awesome, its probably one of the most disappointing thing of the Packers.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just make sure that no one, and I mean no one on ST is nowhere near the ball unless they down it first.
Otherwise something bad could happen like a turnover or a penalty like we saw against Eagles and Stealers.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
What exactly was the trouble with Special Teams this year?

Oh.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABcooDMRRD8]YouTube - Dan Connolly 300 Pound Patriots Lineman Springs A 71 Yard Kick Off Return 4.6 40 yard dash[/ame]

:tease:

PackersNumber12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theres no reason to even think about dropping Crosby

Suisham on the other hand....I was on the floor laughing when I saw that attempt in the super bowl

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like slocum, but I dont see him going anywhere this offseason, since we just won the SB and ST didnt make any disastrous mistakes in the postseason. Need a returner for sure. Never liked how the Packers take risks putting star CBs to return. And Crosby needs work. Kid's got a leg but misses some stupidly easy ones. I always get a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach when he steps up for a field goal.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Need a guy that can take over for Tramon. I don't think any coach will get fired after a SB win.

And with that mentality it is hard to keep winning super bowls. Packers need to find their weaknesses and fix them. You can not accept that just because you won a SB one year, you can do it the next year with out any changes.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey I am all for getting rid of the guy; I just don't see them pulling the trigger when he just won the SB.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
And with that mentality it is hard to keep winning super bowls. Packers need to find their weaknesses and fix them. You can not accept that just because you won a SB one year, you can do it the next year with out any changes.

I 100% agree with this. However, I'm not so sure the NFL feels the same way. I think most teams see that if you win the SB, it ain't broke...and if it ain't broke, well you know...

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was his first year as ST coach, and they got better as the season went on...We get a PR/KR guy I think we'll get better on returns.
Mashtay became really good under him, and Crosby has been a bit better

He still sucks after next year, then boot him

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was his first year as ST coach, and they got better as the season went on...We get a PR/KR guy I think we'll get better on returns.
Mashtay became really good under him, and Crosby has been a bit better

He still sucks after next year, then boot him

This was his 2nd year. He's had 2 years of terrible ST play.

Look what the Bears do with ST play. It almost makes up for their pathetic offense.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slocum still should go. Our ST is AWFUL. We lose field position every time on kickoff, because Crosby has to kick it high, as our coverage unit almost always breaks down.

Our only decent unit is punt coverage, and it's more because of Matshay than Slocum. Kickoff, field goal, punt and kick return, we're amongst the worst in the league.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many of you reading this said, before every punt or every kickoff..

"Now just don't let them run it back.."

...and then turn purple from holding your breath while the other team runs it out to the 35 or 40.

...and then you exhale and say..."We'll the 35 isn't so bad, at least they did not score..."

That is a result of bad coaching, and Slocum has got to to go ladies and germs...

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score

...and then turn purple from holding your breath while the other team runs it out to the 35 or 40.

...and then you exhale and say..."We'll the 35 isn't so bad, at least they did not score..."

That is a result of bad coaching, and Slocum has got to to go ladies and germs...

Amen.

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

My friends all laughed at me during the SB when I would scream "YES" for our guys getting Brown at the 35/40 yard line.

Members online

Latest posts