So what are we going to do with #5 if . . . .

OP
OP
R

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
This occurs

1. Texans - Bush

2. New Orleans (After probably signing Brees) - Mario Williams/Hawk

3. Tennessee - Leinhart/Young/Hawk

4. Jets - Hawk/Leinart/Ferguson

It seems to all hinge on Vince Young and Ferguson. If one or both are drafted in the top 4, we will get whomever drops to us between Williams and Hawk.

If both Hawk and Williams are gone (which is a strong possibility) what do we do? Trade down? Take Ferguson?
Just cleaning up prior message.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade down. Arizona might wanna draft a QB, since whichever QB left on the board won't get past the Raiders. Then I'd lean towards drafting Ngata to replace Jackson.

OP
OP
R

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Network just reported Brees signed with Saints.

As for Hawk, I have to believe the Jets are licking there chomps to have Hawk line-up next to Vilma. But I could also see them taking Ferguson. There is a small possibility they could take Cutler.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Texans- Bush
Aints- Mario
Tenn- Young
Jets- Leinart
Packers- Trade down to about the 9-10 and take Hawk or the TE out of Maryland AND get an extra second round pick.

I really think there is going to be a big trade among the first 5 picks.

HitzlikeCecil26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF you do move back you have to move far enough back to get two picks out of it some how either two this year which i would look at gettting a Lber maybe Carpender towards the end of the 1st
and you have to try to get with in the 10 to 12 range to make a move on VD verne davis TE Terps
He would add pass catching ablity size and speed to our passing game
There are quite a few number of DE in this 1st round but i think the only reason we would take de is b/c Williams is the best player on the board
AJ Hawk should be @ 5, if he isn't then one of the QB's fall to us
If Favre is out take Cutler and let the rebuildig begin

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hitz you would take Cutler if Favre retires? I'm not saying I disagree but no way will TT spend another #1 on a QB. It just sends the message to Rodgers that he was a mistake. If you are thinking about trading him you would never get that #1 pick back.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you think Young would go in the first round???

He is a worthless bust who will not be drafted in the first round. Would you waste a pick on an immature younger dumber version of Ron Mexico who will take years to develop into Quincy Carter?

Tennessee has their future QB in Volek.

If Leinhart is on the board for the Packers there are several options some of which will present themselves at that moment. Predicting the future is difficult.

Don't believe the hype on Young, a better QB in Rodgers fell to 24 last year. In this QB market Young will be drafted much lower.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Young might not turn into a great NFL QB (he probably won't), but he does have tons of talent and I don't see him falling out of the top ten. Oakland and Arizona both need help at QB, and if Leinart and Cutler are gone they'll take a long hard look at Young.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be extremely rare to see two defensive guys go in the top 4. History is certainly not in favor of this happening.

While Young may or may not drop it would seem likely that Cutler would be put right up there in his place.

I just don't see it being likely that both Williams and Hawk are gone before #5. Maybe after FA it will change but I haven't seen this scenario in a single mock yet.

HitzlikeCecil26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Montain Steve Young

need i say more.........

You think ever Qb for the pack is going to start 300 gamesw in a row???

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if Hawk and Mario are gone for us...

1. Trade down (10-15) and take Jimmy Williams
2. Take Haloti Ngata, or Micheal Huff
3. Trade down (10-15) and take Chad Greenway or Manny Lawson or Broderick Bunkley or...there are plenty of defensive guys out there, we can easily get that will be of first round quality

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not sure of the Saints current situation at DL, but they have ALWAYS been very deep at that unit, which, given all their needs, does not make Mario a slam dunk to N.O.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say trade down a few spots and draft Vernon Davis. Packers change up the offense to a power running game featuring 2 tight ends. Favre play actions all day to his new best friend Vern.

Trade Walker's crybaby *** for a 2nd and 5th rounder (no thanks to Hollis Thomas). With the three 2nd round picks, load up on D and one offensive guard.

With a ball control offense in hand, our D should be off the field more than on.

I still want Mario, but with the recent quarterback changes, I doubt he is there at #5.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Why do you think Young would go in the first round???

He is a worthless bust who will not be drafted in the first round. Would you waste a pick on an immature younger dumber version of Ron Mexico who will take years to develop into Quincy Carter?

Tennessee has their future QB in Volek.

If Leinhart is on the board for the Packers there are several options some of which will present themselves at that moment. Predicting the future is difficult.

Don't believe the hype on Young, a better QB in Rodgers fell to 24 last year. In this QB market Young will be drafted much lower.

Cali....Are you saying Vince Young will NOT be drafted in the first round. I'd like to put a six pack on that. I'm not saying you are racist but your post has a hint of anti-black-quarterbackness to me.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got nothing against black QB's, but how many quarterbacks have won the Superbowl running around like an idiot? (that's what most of these guys do)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
[quote="Robin Yount":1zgdx2b5]This occurs

1. Texans - Bush

2. New Orleans (After probably signing Brees) - Mario Williams/Hawk

3. Tennessee - Leinhart/Young/Hawk

4. Jets - Hawk/Leinart/Ferguson

It seems to all hinge on Vince Young and Ferguson. If one or both are drafted in the top 4, we will get whomever drops to us between Williams and Hawk.

If both Hawk and Williams are gone (which is a strong possibility) what do we do? Trade down? Take Ferguson?
Just cleaning up prior message.[/quote:1zgdx2b5]

Saints could easily go D'Brickashaw Ferguson. They're pretty deep at DE and need a LT to go with Jammal Brown. Gandy is about average but could even be moved to guard. Ferguson in my opinion would e their pick.

Right now I look at it likes this.

1. Texans - Bush
2. Saints - D'Brick/M.Williams/Trade down
3. Titians - Leinart or Young
4. Jets - Leinart/Young/Cutler/D'Brick/M.Williams
5. Packers - M.Williams or AJ Hawk

Members online

Latest posts