1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

So were both teams just average last night? Or....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by G0PackG0, Sep 10, 2010.

1. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Or did they just cancel eachother out? I had basketball last night so I got home in thr 4th quarter. If I didnt have the dvr skipping ahead I would've fell asleep lol. Favre sure threw some ducks ya?

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Favre threw alot of junk, he looked bad, Brees just couldnt get anything going. Both Ds looked legit. Jared Allen pretty much didnt show up.

3. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    It was a very boring game. I was working and only got to glance at the game, and when the 2 minute warning came I was like "What its over already? Thank god." I was expecting the Saints to go for Favre a little more, but they didn't really have to. Also was expecting for Brees to light a fire, but nothing came. If the Packers can play more intense than the Saints looked, I don't see why we couldn't beat them Queens. Its too bad the Queens will only stay at the bottom of the division till Sunday.

4. PackerManLV

PackerManLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Imo, I just think it was alot rust, but what I did see was both teams had time to throw the ball recievers missed alot of balls. I don't think we saw either team play to there potential.

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Openers are just openers. We were REAL close with the boors AT HOME last year. The Bears ended up being AWFUL (truth be told, throwing picks was a constant for Cutlerf*cker), and our OL settled.

But I think it'll be a trend until Rice comes back. The Vikings O won't be as good as last year, not even close. Their secondary will be better than most think, though. But they'll have to commit to the pass, which, incredibly, will leave them vulnerable to the run, when spread.

As for the Saints, I think they'll be good, but I don't see them coming back to the SB, and I certainly don't see them being undefeated through the season...

6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    I got bored with the commentators going on and on with Burt this and Burt that and all the camera shots of him on the sidelines doing nothing.

Any game where the Viqueens are losing or have lost is exciting to me.
    But maybe that's just me.

7. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    the favre apologists were out thi morning... geesh colin cowherd is un listenable..

8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    He's overated and he can do no wrong in the eyes, with blinders, to some in the media.

Even if the Viqueens went 0-16, they would still find ways to praise that loser.

9. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    The Saints had some players drop the ball. Two missed field goals and a dropped pass in the end zone. It could have easily been 20/24-9 instead of the 14-9. The Vikings D was also a bit exposed to counter action and delayed hand-off type running plays. I thought that was an interesting adjustment the Saints made. Instead of running right ahead, they used counter plays to get the aggressive Viking D to over-commit, creating lanes on the backside. Opening day jitters probably counted for a lot of the mistakes. The Interceptor on the other hand looked like garbage. He had one good drive. Once the Saints D shut down Shiancoe, Favre looked lost.

10. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    It's amazing I disagree with 99% of the stuff that comes out of that idiots mouth.