PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it lower than Favre's????

Favre already had 3 MVPs, 2 Super Bowl appearances by this point in his career

Just curious

Reaction score
Is it lower than Favre's????

Favre already had 3 MVPs, 2 Super Bowl appearances by this point in his career.
I blame Dom and TT more for that. Had Rodgers played with any of those mid 1990s GB Defenses, there’s no question in my mind he would have been ultra successful.

Let’s see what Pettine can do. I’m actually excited for the Pack, we’re about to see a 1/2 ton truck of resources that should start pulling their own weight and then some.

Last edited:

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of these type of questions because there are too many variables that lead to any form of accurate conclusion. Rodgers' entire career has been the the current NFL "passing league", whereas only Favre's final years in Green Bay were (most of Favre's was run game and defense-minded football). Not to mention the players, coaches, and executives are all different for the 2 quarterbacks.

Favre was amazing as a Packer and so is Rodgers. They will eventually become teammates in the NFL HoF, and that's the easiest way to determine a player's legacy.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His legacy is being wasted... it’s actually pathetic favre and Rodgers... only two super bowls absolutely uncalled for...

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say at this point, it's practically a wash, or maybe Favre a fraction ahead. Favre has the extra MVP and Super Bowl appearance, never missed a game, and most intangibles - against Rodgers' stats. But Rodgers has some time left.

This makes me wonder though:
If the Packers and Patriots switched places and the Packers played in the AFC East, and the Patriots placed in the NFC North, would the Packers have any more Super Bowls? Not that I'd want to do it, because I'm proud of Green Bay's NFL/NFC heritage.

D

Deleted member 6794

This makes me wonder though:
If the Packers and Patriots switched places and the Packers played in the AFC East, and the Patriots placed in the NFC North, would the Packers have any more Super Bowls? Not that I'd want to do it, because I'm proud of Green Bay's NFL/NFC heritage.

The Patriots would still have been a dominant team as they actually have a better winning percentage against NFC opponents since the last realignment in 2002. I don't believe the Packers would have won more Super Bowls playing in the AFC.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe the Packers would have won more Super Bowls playing in the AFC.
I think they would have least gotten to another Super Bowl or two, hard to say if they would have won one. There would have been no Giants, 49ers, Seahawks, or Falcons standing in their way. And playing in the AFC East, they might have gotten more home field playoff games. IMO, of course.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think they would have least gotten to another Super Bowl or two, hard to say if they would have won one. There would have been no Giants, 49ers, Seahawks, or Falcons standing in their way. And playing in the AFC East, they might have gotten more home field playoff games. IMO, of course.

The Packers would have had to face some tough opponents in the AFC as well.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I don't understand why we keep doing this to ourselves.

So many things have to fall into place for a team to make it to the Super Bowl, much less win it. Not the least of which is the cap. After a SB win, you have to deal with everyone looking to cash in AND your draft position drops dramatically every year until the wheels fall off for a couple of years.

Yeah yeah... I know... that doesn't seem to impact the Patriots... and I don't care about that argument. A franchise QB is going to chew up a larger portion of available cap space and you can only swap pieces in and out of the puzzle to try to keep 'er rollin'

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Today, Aaron should surpass Brett's record for TD's.

Say what you want about Brett and Aaron's respective legacies, pro or con on either guy, and you'll probably be accurate. How weird is it though that both of these guys end up being difficult at the end quarters of their career? BUT end up being almost mirror opposite situations. Favre wanted to stay (after years of theatrics) and Rodgers wants to leave (after years of strange girlfriends) - and both play out in the national limelight.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, he stayed out of camp ... demanded and got a contract re-boot - his post-game interview and hug with what's her name sounded more like a "I'm gonna miss this place" more than it sounded like "I'm here as long as they'll pay me too much".

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, his arm talent is possibly the best ever. But his mental game leaves much to be desired when it matters most.
Rodgers is a puzzle. He doesn't seem to be Mr. Clutch in the big games. But then again he often puts up better stats than the team that beat us. So often he has to fight an incompetent squad on his own team, usually defense but special teams this year. It's a tough one. I'd really like to know how he would have fared in Tom Brady's shoes over the years.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is a puzzle. He doesn't seem to be Mr. Clutch in the big games. But then again he often puts up better stats than the team that beat us. So often he has to fight an incompetent squad on his own team, usually defense but special teams this year. It's a tough one. I'd really like to know how he would have fared in Tom Brady's shoes over the years.
I think Aaron's done better in the girlfriend department.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch Colin Cowherd on Rodgers vs Brady…. He nails it… Brady elevates people around him and wins… Rodgers expects others around him to elevate themselves then points fingers and pouts. Look at him after Lewis’s fumble… 2 three and outs and you can see him choking and shutting down. If we sell out our future to try one more time to win with him and LESS talent we deserve what we get both for the upcoming season and the 4-5 years after. What must it have felt like the second half in that huddle KNOWING Rodgers was not going to throw you the ball. I think a lot of PLAYERS are ready to move on as well

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slow your roll on Cowherd...a dead clock is correct 2x a day. Some of what he says is true, but he's a AR12 hater and I distinctly remember him saying right b4 AR12 won the super bowl for people to slow their roll on him..lol. I see the opposite in so many ways with 12 and old 4 - 4 found the open man and did not play favorites as much as 12. 12's arm talent is superior to 4. I know...I'm as baffled as everyone about 12's reluctance to continuously spread the ball around. Imagine if he did...he quite possibly could have 6 rings instead of 1.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know...I'm as baffled as everyone about 12's reluctance to continuously spread the ball around. Imagine if he did...he quite possibly could have 6 rings instead of 1.
Maybe he has a blind spot.
Maybe he thinks if he throws it to the wrong guy, it will get intercepted, and you know how he hates interceptions.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I can`t see what the big thing is about the MVP award to us as fans or for that what the team gets from it ? Sure, he gets told how good he is supposed to be but the fact is we have ONE superbowl under Rodgers tenure....ONE. As a Packer fan, THAT means more to me personally. The MVP is his accolade not ours !

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he has a blind spot.
Maybe he thinks if he throws it to the wrong guy, it will get intercepted, and you know how he hates interceptions.
One of the reasons I usually look at 2010 and say that many of the injuries were at least neutral and, in some cases, beneficial. If I remember correctly (definitely a ?), he was really homing in on Finley, and after he went down had to distribute. Much like some point to the Pack's record when Adams is out.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts