1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

So Rodgers' CURRENT Legacy is...

Discussion in 'Brett Favre Discussion' started by PackinMSP, Mar 5, 2019.

1. PackinMSP

PackinMSP Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Is it lower than Favre's????

Favre already had 3 MVPs, 2 Super Bowl appearances by this point in his career

Just curious

2. OldSchool101

OldSchool101 Pack

I blame Dom and TT more for that. Had Rodgers played with any of those mid 1990s GB Defenses, there’s no question in my mind he would have been ultra successful.

Let’s see what Pettine can do. I’m actually excited for the Pack, we’re about to see a 1/2 ton truck of resources that should start pulling their own weight and then some.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  3. G0P4ckG0

G0P4ckG0 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I'm not a fan of these type of questions because there are too many variables that lead to any form of accurate conclusion. Rodgers' entire career has been the the current NFL "passing league", whereas only Favre's final years in Green Bay were (most of Favre's was run game and defense-minded football). Not to mention the players, coaches, and executives are all different for the 2 quarterbacks.

Favre was amazing as a Packer and so is Rodgers. They will eventually become teammates in the NFL HoF, and that's the easiest way to determine a player's legacy.

4. Snoops

Snoops Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    His legacy is being wasted... it’s actually pathetic favre and Rodgers... only two super bowls absolutely uncalled for...

5. rmontro

rmontro Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I'd say at this point, it's practically a wash, or maybe Favre a fraction ahead. Favre has the extra MVP and Super Bowl appearance, never missed a game, and most intangibles - against Rodgers' stats. But Rodgers has some time left.

This makes me wonder though:
    If the Packers and Patriots switched places and the Packers played in the AFC East, and the Patriots placed in the NFC North, would the Packers have any more Super Bowls? Not that I'd want to do it, because I'm proud of Green Bay's NFL/NFC heritage.

6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    The Patriots would still have been a dominant team as they actually have a better winning percentage against NFC opponents since the last realignment in 2002. I don't believe the Packers would have won more Super Bowls playing in the AFC.

7. rmontro

rmontro Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I think they would have least gotten to another Super Bowl or two, hard to say if they would have won one. There would have been no Giants, 49ers, Seahawks, or Falcons standing in their way. And playing in the AFC East, they might have gotten more home field playoff games. IMO, of course.

8. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    The Packers would have had to face some tough opponents in the AFC as well.

9. weeds

weeds Fiber deprived old guy.

Packer Fan Since:
    I don't understand why we keep doing this to ourselves.

So many things have to fall into place for a team to make it to the Super Bowl, much less win it. Not the least of which is the cap. After a SB win, you have to deal with everyone looking to cash in AND your draft position drops dramatically every year until the wheels fall off for a couple of years.

Yeah yeah... I know... that doesn't seem to impact the Patriots... and I don't care about that argument. A franchise QB is going to chew up a larger portion of available cap space and you can only swap pieces in and out of the puzzle to try to keep 'er rollin'