So Pissed Off Right Now.....

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I too am going to miss the game (and will be taping it). I have to teach a class from 7-9pm, I'm going to sit in my office afterward until I think the game is over, then I'm going to head home and watch it on VHS. Of course I will also need to resist the temptation to sit on my laptop, because I KNOW that I'll find out the score somewhere (Yahoo! news, Facebook, email, etc.).

VHS???????

Reaction score
Makes me wonder how many Aunt's , Uncles... Grandparents will meet their untimely dimise on Sept 8th!!;)
May they all R.I.P!
OR..
How many colds, flu's and kidney transplants are on that day!!!

Ohhh, how true is that?:D When I was working, I went through about every relative I had and ALL my body parts! The 1-800-IAM-SICK number was on "speed dial!":confused: That was then, this is now; and ahh, the luxury of being retired and my sports hating but very understanding and empathetic wife "carrying" the ball at work that evening;) Oops, I shouldn't have said that. God forgive me for I have sinned.....and please don't write that down in your book;)

GO PACK GO <> Strive for FIVE

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
VHS???????
Why not?
It's more immortal than DVR.
When they start coming up with the next best thing, which will be in like 2 minutes from now, it will get replaced and there go all the games. Meanwhile, if it's an awesome game it will be kept longer on VHS than DVR.
I have a certain soft spot for the old school ways of doing things even though I use the DVR.
But I still listen to my records on a turntable and use a land line and don't have a cell phone.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Packers games broadcast on Thursday, just tell them you can't attend due to religious purposes.

Thursday's named after Thor. That means Clay Matthews has a day named after him. You wouldn't worship work over Him, right? Tell your boss that God's Sabbath day is Sunday, and CM3's Sabbath day is Thursday. He'll understand perfectly.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not?
When they start coming up with the next best thing, which will be in like 2 minutes from now, it will get replaced and there go all the games. Meanwhile, if it's an awesome game it will be kept longer on VHS than DVR.

When Blu-Ray recorders drop in price, I'll record future Packers games on Blu-Ray discs. Not only are they spacious and capable of holding Hi-Def videos, but BDs are tough, too, I've heard you can take a BD to a paper shredder, and it'll still play.

Oh, and GreenBayGal, I believe you've quoted the wrong post.

Reaction score
Why not?
I have a certain soft spot for the old school ways of doing things even though I use the DVR.
But I still listen to my records on a turntable and use a land line and don't have a cell phone.

Aahh man, FF! We must be the last two surviving "pack rat" dinosaurs still roaming the earth who refuses to discard electronic devices used during the decades of the '60's through the '80's which have shelf life and will STILL work quite efficiently. I still have an old VCR in storage in the event that my existing VCR/DVD player goes "belly up" so that I can still watch the many old sporting events I have "taped" dating back to when VHS's first arrived back in the late '70's {was it?}. Guess I'm too lazy to convert to DVD's! Those initial VHS machines were huge and with little or no plastic content, you could acquire a hernia just lifitng them. I remember trying to get my original one repaired many years later after they began using mostly plastic parts and the dude said that all it could be used for now was a boat anchor. Yeah, I still have a lot of my 8 tracks and record albums, although I could kick myself for selling my old turntable years ago. We also use a land line and I have a cell phone, however, I seldom have need for it. And yes, another invention will soon cause the current electronical gadgets to become obsolete. Old school, rocks;)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aahh man, FF! We must be the last two surviving "pack rat" dinosaurs still roaming the earth who refuses to discard electronic devices used during the decades of the '60's through the '80's which have shelf life and will STILL work quite efficiently. I still have an old VCR in storage in the event that my existing VCR/DVD player goes "belly up" so that I can still watch the many old sporting events I have "taped" dating back to when VHS's first arrived back in the late '70's {was it?}. Guess I'm too lazy to convert to DVD's! Those initial VHS machines were huge and with little or no plastic content, you could acquire a hernia just lifitng them. I remember trying to get my original one repaired many years later after they began using mostly plastic parts and the dude said that all it could be used for now was a boat anchor. Yeah, I still have a lot of my 8 tracks and record albums, although I could kick myself for selling my old turntable years ago. We also use a land line and I have a cell phone, however, I seldom have need for it. And yes, another invention will soon cause the current electronical gadgets to become obsolete. Old school, rocks;)

It took me the longest time to finally start buying CDs.
And I was confused for awhile too. I kept calling them ABs or EFs.
Still waiting for someone to give me a player.
(LOL J/K)
I don't have an ipod, never will, but I do need to replace my AB, I mean CD walkman time to time.

IMHO the cover "art" on CDs is mostly, well, crappy.
Unfortunatly when they shrunk the size from LPs album covers to CD pictures I think a lot of the quality got lost.
They no longer have a need to show details or cool hidden pictures and stuff.
If Sgt. Peppers came out today, no way would they have all those famous figures in there.
Album covers gave the band and/or the graphic artist a bigger canvas to explore and express on.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote Forget Favre But I still listen to my records on a turntable and use a land line and don't have a cell phone.
quote]

WHAT? No cell phone??? How do you ever expect to get a text from Burnt Fish.
Well, I wouldn't mind getting a "text" from you. *Wink Wink*
OK I'll get a cell phone so we can exchange texts and pics.
I'll go ahead and send you a text of my...Um...Well, whatever it is you cell phone pic people send pictures of to each other!
(My cat, a chair, the fireplace, my latest lunch?)

Reaction score
It took me the longest time to finally start buying CDs.
And I was confused for awhile too. I kept calling them ABs or EFs.
Still waiting for someone to give me a player.
(LOL J/K)
I don't have an ipod, never will, but I do need to replace my AB, I mean CD walkman time to time.

IMHO the cover "art" on CDs is mostly, well, crappy.
Unfortunatly when they shrunk the size from LPs album covers to CD pictures I think a lot of the quality got lost.
They no longer have a need to show details or cool hidden pictures and stuff.
If Sgt. Peppers came out today, no way would they have all those famous figures in there.
Album covers gave the band and/or the graphic artist a bigger canvas to explore and express on.

LOL! Yeah, it would have cost me a fortune to replace every one of my favorite albums with CDs and I, too, was relunctant to do so, but I eventually caved and built up a nice collection. I settled for purchasing "the greatest hits" or "best of" CDs such as The Rolling Stones~ "The Singles Collection - The London Years" the "Mother Ship"~Led Zep {both very nice sets}, Best of: Deep Purple, Cream, and three of my all time favorites: "Led Zep II"...."This is the Moody Blues"....and "Johnny Winter and Live." I remember replacing two "Johnny Winter and Live" 8 track tapes during one really HOT summer as they would just "self destruct," unraveling from the player before my very eyes and I had to immediately go buy another one;)

Nope, no IPOD for me, either, FF, nor a cell phone with the capability to snap a photo or connect to the internet. "User friendly" suits me just fine! And I know just enough about computers to "sneak by," too. Yes, I agree, the quality of covers suffered with much detail being lost in the limited space of CDs. My wife is always calling me a "pack rat" and to advance into the current decade, but I choose not to.....except when it comes to my Packers:cool: GREAT WIN last night......a little too close for comfort but it goes as a W in the left column.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Me and you think alike on so many levels.

Cause I agree with you about the win.
It was just so awesome that the Pack put up all those points.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing. If you did not really care who won, but love football, that was one heck of a game to start the regular season with.

Of course I DO care....GO PACK!

billysofly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have to work till 9pm at shopko... but the manager that night was the front manager and shes a girl so i watch the whole game during the break room came home at half and what a game :)

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
When Packers games broadcast on Thursday, just tell them you can't attend due to religious purposes.

Thursday's named after Thor. That means Clay Matthews has a day named after him. You wouldn't worship work over Him, right? Tell your boss that God's Sabbath day is Sunday, and CM3's Sabbath day is Thursday. He'll understand perfectly.

Wouldn't work for me. I already told him I'm a Druid and worship trees.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts