So Pissed Off Right Now.....

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just got my work schedule and I have to work Thursday night, I asked for that off months ago. God I've gotta get out of that hellhole.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that suks and I feel for you. But you could be like my son-in-law. He's a Redskins fan and is expecting to get his walking papers Friday after 17 years. How about that for bad luck?

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being in college its hard to make time for TV, luckily Friday is one of my lighter days class wise so there is no doubt ill be watching.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being in college its hard to make time for TV, luckily Friday is one of my lighter days class wise so there is no doubt ill be watching.
Sounds like college has changed a lot since I was there. Either that, or you are doing it wrong.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't be able to watch the game either.
The softball team I'm on plays Thurs. nights.
So I'll have to tivo it and watch when I get home.

ParLawGod

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too am going to miss the game (and will be taping it). I have to teach a class from 7-9pm, I'm going to sit in my office afterward until I think the game is over, then I'm going to head home and watch it on VHS. Of course I will also need to resist the temptation to sit on my laptop, because I KNOW that I'll find out the score somewhere (Yahoo! news, Facebook, email, etc.).

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I have class on thursday from 6-840 so ill miss the first half but ill catch the whole second half so I'm not too pissed off. ill be watching game tracker or something for the first for sure.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too am going to miss the game (and will be taping it). I have to teach a class from 7-9pm, I'm going to sit in my office afterward until I think the game is over, then I'm going to head home and watch it on VHS. Of course I will also need to resist the temptation to sit on my laptop, because I KNOW that I'll find out the score somewhere (Yahoo! news, Facebook, email, etc.).
Yeah, whatever you do avoid this place till after you've watched it.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got class on Thursday night until 10 pm. :( I would just skip it, but it's my toughest class and I don't wanna get behind. So I'll just set the game to record and start from the beginning when I get back. I swear if any of my roommates says anything to me about the game before I get a chance to see it, I'll punch them in the face. Or better yet, I'll eat their food.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just got my work schedule and I have to work Thursday night, I asked for that off months ago. God I've gotta get out of that hellhole.

Can't you just DVR it and avoid all media/internet?

I always watch SNF and MNF games on DVR, a few hours behind, just because I'm on the West Coast and because it allows me to fast-forward through the ads.

For Thursday, though, I'll start watching 30 minutes or an hour behind real time.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I scheduled it off months ago, way before the lockout ended. If they didn't approve it way back then, I sure as hell wasn't going in anyway. When you call off at my job you don't need to tell them a fairy tale, you have 2 options, sick or personal. Of course I would have said sick so I could use my sick hours to get paid, hehe.

Packfan14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry for you. If you got the bucks and the phone, I believe DirecTV has a package that lets you see games on your phone...

also verizon (in applicable markets) you can watch thursday and sunday nights on your phone

i have this feeling that i'm gonna be called in thursday. it happened back when GB played Indy on CBS. this time i'm gonna say no

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I know how you feel, I was scheduled for the saturday night game versus the Falcons in the playoffs. I made sure I requested every packer game off, or a good work around. Then my coworker tried the same thing 4 months later into the year and my scheduling manager said, "She is just as big as Packer fan as you." I then explained that as on the request day off sheet it was first come first serve AND she didn't go to her job interview in a Packers jersey.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Tell them half your body is covered in boils, you have uncontrollable vomiting and twitching. Trust me, nobody will want to be around you.
I always told my workers, if you call in sick and I am not available, tell them your are puking and have the diarrhea. No one will question you. Works like a charm.

Members online

Latest posts