So much for all pro corners

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before the game everyone was saying the packers should be able to throw on the giants because their secondary was all banged up, but watching the game you would of thought it was the other way around. The giants made harris look like a second stringer instead of a all pro.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah Harris and Buress was a horrible matchup and the coaches are to blame for letting that crap go on for 3.5 quarters!! After the 1st quarter I already screaming for double coverage on the guy. I have to admit, they went to that in the 4th, and then Smith got two catches in a row for critical yardage I believe (haven't watched the game again). AFte that big hit woodson took from Jacobs, he didn't look right the rest of the game.

GB needs to ditch dumb and run. All it does is get us owned against big top end receivers like T.O., Burress, and I'm sure Moss would have owned Al too.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how many times I made the comment "why are you in the pro bowl" during that game?

Some credit goes to Burress...he made some great catches, but that was an absolute embarssment for the whole country to see. Top tandem in the NFL?!?

GAcheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Harris and Buress was a horrible matchup and the coaches are to blame for letting that crap go on for 3.5 quarters!! After the 1st quarter I already screaming for double coverage on the guy. I have to admit, they went to that in the 4th, and then Smith got two catches in a row for critical yardage I believe (haven't watched the game again). AFte that big hit woodson took from Jacobs, he didn't look right the rest of the game.

GB needs to ditch dumb and run. All it does is get us owned against big top end receivers like T.O., Burress, and I'm sure Moss would have owned Al too.

I'm wondering if the move to finally get some double coverage on Burress was more of a result of Harris getting leg cramps rather than getting beaten to every pass within reach. Either way, this was a HUGE issue throughout the game as Harris was clearly being dominated.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It's funny people think Randy Moss would have owned Al Harris or Charles Woodson because big physical players like Plax and Owens did.

Here's a little secret about Randy Moss. He HATES being jammed. Wait, that's not a secret, just about everyone knows this, but very few teams have the personnel to do it effectively. :)

Reaction score
Actually Al is not that versatile, he basically plays man-to-man press coverage.

The Giants exploited that by finding the weakness of man-to man.

Woodson mixes things up a little more, which led to him having a bit more success against Toomer and to some extend Burress.

I have to say, kudos to the Giants for giving other teams a blue-print on how to defeat the man-to-man press coverage Al will always play. That said, it's very difficult to exploit its weakness because you need to have pin-point precision timing between the WR and QB.

Members online