So....MM still fired?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I just went back and read all the posts in this thread. It's quite funny. When the Packers lose or win a close one, it's fire McCarthy. When they win big he's a great coach. (There are a couple of posters who stay consistent) I think it's important to recognize a couple of things; 1. No coach is absolutely perfect. They all make mistakes. 2. Only 1 team has ever won every NFL game in the season, so you can't realistically expect to win them all.

The upshot is, the team has to take the good times with the bad times and hope the good ones overcome the bad ones. There are lots of reasons that only two teams make the Super Bowl each year. It's SUPPOSED to be a rare and special occurrence.

Now the Packers are in the NFC Championship game once again. We don't know what the end result will be, but we do know, only two teams in the NFC make it this far. I'd say the Coach has done as well as can be expected. We sure hope for a Super Bowl, but we have to be willing to admit, this has been a pretty darn amazing season.

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If those who blindly defend MM can not get it after that display from taking a TO to the locker room in very good field position and 30 seconds left at end of half
Something like Smith did last night, just before halftime...hmmm!

Smith got greedy, and went for a FEW extra yards for a better FG shot...the results speak for itself...a HUGE PIC 6...that swung the game by at least 7 pts., if not 10.

Smith's gamble, cost their team BIG, a game changer IMHO!

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey were winning :) However his playcalling still can get me crazy.. The end of the e-gals game for instance.. His prevent offense could have lost us the game. But Vick helped him out lol

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There wouldn't be any "Fire MM" threads if he had been coaching like he did last night.
I hope, really really hope, that he will coach/play call like that from now on.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was not a MM supporter in the beginning. I thought MM didn't have enough success as an OC to warrant him as a HC. Although, I bit my tongue and adopted a wait and see technique, I appreciated his coaching style. That is a hard nose coach who taught the fundamentals as a core element to his coaching.

I wonder if TT knew he was a bit green but wanted someone to develop as a coach along with the players he provided.

Anyway, I still am frustrated with his 2 minute offense game plan. They just don't play quickly enough and waste precious seconds getting to the line. Sometimes his play calling is questionable, but I do see him as improving. Ultimately, he also has to bear the responsibility of the special teams and the OL performance which also leads much t be desired.

Overall, though, I am happy to have him as a coach. He did surprise me with how good he has become.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, we can say that he is a good coach, not a great coach. He is the kind of coach that can take a superb team to the playoffs year after year, but he is not the coach to take us to the Super Bowl like Belichick. It seems to me, that McCarthy struggles with a great team. Belichick can take an alright team and turn it into a superb team. MM shows no sign of being able to do that. Still want him fired. He just has made too many mistakes for me to think otherwise, even if he does put a pounding on the Bears.

I can't help but go back and laugh at some of these comments.

I know this is an old comment, but it cracks me up how people constantly ignore the fact that we were a bad pass away from going to the Super Bowl in 2007 WITH Mike McCarthy. And here we are again. Go figure..

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is getting better. Against the Bears he did try to keep the team going when they were up instead of shutting things down, but Rodgers was tight after the 2nd pick. Not his fault.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't help but go back and laugh at some of these comments.

I know this is an old comment, but it cracks me up how people constantly ignore the fact that we were a bad pass away from going to the Super Bowl in 2007 WITH Mike McCarthy. And here we are again. Go figure..

According to OBF posters yesterday it was drivers fault favre didnt get to another SB in 2007. They also blamed Woodson (not Harris). lol

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to lay off the guy. He took a team that took some major losses due to injuries to the Super Bowl.

That's enough of an accomplishment for me.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to OBF posters yesterday it was drivers fault favre didnt get to another SB in 2007. They also blamed Woodson (not Harris). lol

*****, really? Those guys never cease to amaze me.

I wonder whose fault it was last year?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts