So long defensive football

Gravedigger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonight's game was another indication of where the rules changes are taking defensive football. I wonder if Captain Marvel and Superman could play corner today? Play it well I mean.
300-yard passing games are routine.
We may never see a 6-3 game again. :(

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's right. The O line can hold on every play, but the d backs can't get near the receivers. You can't touch the QB. It ain't football. :evil:

Brad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree... I think everyone misses the good old days when cornerbacks and receivers could actually hand fight down the field a little bit...It made the game a lot more interesting and really cut down on the long garbage passes....Its nearly impossible to play as a DB if you can't "feel" where your man is in regards to your positioning....I think this game is getting ridiculous in the sense of the offensive advantages....We need to get back to old fashioned football...The offensive already has the largest advantage of all, THEY KNOW THE SNAP COUNT!!!!!!!! what more do they need? I think the NFL is getting a little unneccesary on the scoring issues and offensive productivity....its disheartening :(

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
JBlood said:
That's right. The O line can hold on every play, but the d backs can't get near the receivers. You can't touch the QB. It ain't football. :evil:

The rules protecting QB's are absurd. They get paid more they should be able to take more hits too. Might as well suit up a woman!

Members online

Latest posts