1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

So, in the end, who would you rather have?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Jess, Nov 1, 2009.

?

Who would you rather have?

1. Rodgers for the next 10 years

33 vote(s)
    71.7%
  2. Favre for the next 2

13 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. JeffQuery

JeffQuery Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +3
    You mean, "Other than the fact that Favre went 14-3 with the same team 2 years ago"?

I can't understand why you guys keep your head in the sand, the way you do...

2. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    well spoken, atleast we know where we stand from the get-go. I will keep it real and not bend stats in sake of an arguement.

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    Post the starting line up from Jax game last year and then post the starting lineup from the the rams game in 07

Then tell me its the same team

4. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    As an outsider I think Rodgers has kept you in both games. O-line help needed bad and rodgers will win a bunch of games with his arm alone

5. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
    17 games when they played 18? Why did you omit the BIGGEST loss of the year?

you want to add in the Seattle playoff win, then add in the Giants playoff loss

6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Actually, 14-4. I think you "unintentionally" remembered to put the playoff victory, but forgot to put the NFCC loss where he threw that pick.

You see, it's things like that that makes me see you as a little bit biased...

7. JeffQuery

JeffQuery Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +3
    This is the kind of thing that makes me think that YOU GUYS are biased...

See..it works both ways!

8. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    14-4 ok?:yu:

9. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
    He was taking the Skol_guys class on posting..

10. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    What the puck are you talking about? Next 3 games at the dome against lower tier teams including your seahawks and we have played baltimore and the steelers already which is something the pack has coming their way so really our schedule is easier and in case you haven't noticed we just swept our biggest rival:jester:

11. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
    Stop the same team stuff..

There were at least 5 starters out for extended periods of time in 08 that played all year in 07..

so lets see..

14th game

07 starters 08 starters
    Jennings Jennings
    Driver Driver
    Grant Grant
    Hall Hall
    Lee Lee
    Cliff Cliff
    Spitz Sptiz
    Wells Wells
    Coston Colledge
    Tauch Tauch
    Brett Aaron

Kamp Kamp
    Pickett Pickett
    C Williams Jolly
    Jenkins Montgomery
    Popp Popp
    Barnett Hawk
    Hawk Bishop
    Woodson Woodson
    Harris Harris
    Bigby Williams
    Collins Collins

Different punter, different kick off returners as well

might think not a big difference..but tell me if the Vikings lost the Williams wall ( we lost Jenkins and Williams) would they be as good? Not on your life

12. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    lol

13. ColtsSeahawks

ColtsSeahawks Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You completely missed my point.... I said Favre could fold DOWN the stretch... I didnt say now. And when the hell did I say Minnesota would lose to Seattle.... Yes they play teams like Seattle and Detroit that should be winners.... However I said the 2 games against Chicago will be very tough as they always are, Arizona (In Arizona), Carolina (looked awesome last week) , the Bengals, and the Giants.... The Giants might be playing their *** off in that last game especially if it means winning the division...

Chances are Favre is going to play solid all season long, but I wouldnt be surprised if he blows out his arm because he is getting old and starts playing the way he did at the end of last year.

Going into week 12 Favre and the jets were 8-3 and Favre looked like the Favre of old.... Beating tough teams like Buffalo Bills (And Buffalo was good at the start of the season regardless what anyone says) Buffalo wasa 5-2 when they play the Jets, then they beat the Patriots, and finally they beat the absolute crap out of the undefeated Titans. Then Favre hurt his arm and played like crap down the stretch and the Jets lost to my Seahawks.

Am I saying it will happen this year, NO... I am saying it could though and more chance with him because he is so old... Rodgers very very unlikely because he is so young.. Look at the beating Aaron has taken and yet he is out on the field every week. Although the Packers went 6-10 last year which IMO had nothing to do with Rodgers he had an excellent year.

14. ColtsSeahawks

ColtsSeahawks Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great post , I couldnt agree more!!

15. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    This is a fun debate, but I think that Brett today would not be able to carry this team with the way they are playing. If the O Line was this poor with Favre, I would almost guarantee he would be sacked far less, but the teams turnover ratio would be astronomical. Bottom line: With how crappy this O Line has been and lack of running game I am not sure if there is another QB in the NFL that is handling it this well other than Rodgers. He really is making the best of a bad situation. With Brett, this team is under .500.

16. spack84

spack84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Voted Rodgers. It's better for the Packers long term.

Packers could've lost Rodgers if Favre was still with the team. Would have forced the Packers to look for another QB, and thats not easy to do.

17. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Imagine Green Bay with Ryan Leaf for a minute people, Now we would have been crap.

18. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Or Jason Campbell. Or Tarvaris Jackson. Or Derek Anderson. Or JAY CUTLER! IMAGINE US WITH JAY "SCOTT MALKINSON" CUTLER!

19. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    hahah!

20. hummyjohnson

hummyjohnson Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the obvious choice is take Favre for two years. No question, NONE, the Packers would have won more games last year and this year with him behind center. Maybe another shot at the SB.

TT could have traded AR and then drafted another QB. He would look like a genius now.

Of course this is with the benefit of hindsight.

21. realoatesman

realoatesman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah let someone else get Rodgers, and consider we have a great season like everyone thinks we would so we get stuck with a low drafted rookie as our QB. :comando:

22. ThinkICare

ThinkICare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Hummy, really? You're gonna say that with all your confidence that you'd wanted them to do that? I know you've just been trolling around here, but even that was a bit far.

23. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Oh you make it sound so simple.. Keep Brett (Who didn't want to be a Packer anyway,) trade Rodgers and we'll just magically find our franchise QB in the draft. Have you taken a moment to realize just how preposterous that sounds? Franchise QB's don't just come from out of nowhere, and picking a QB is more of a crap shoot than any other position. Sure, there are exceptions, but there's no guarantee we'd get one of them. That's a huge gamble to take.

Besides, did you watch ANY of our games last season? If so, you'd realize that Rodgers wasn't anywhere close to the reason we didn't win more games and make the playoffs. We were pretty depleted on defense, and they were unable to make the stop when it mattered several times. In fact, Carolina, Tennessee, Houston and Atlanta are just three instances that come readily to mind where we held a lead in the closing minutes of the game and gave it up at the end due to some big play made by our opponents.

Then two missed FG's at the closing minutes cost us games against Minnesota and Chicago. Had those FG's gone our way and our defense stepped up like they were supposed to, we probably win 4 or more of those 6 games I just outlined.

24. RobsPics

RobsPics Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

But your above quote can also be attributed to Rodgers himself. Picking a QB can be, and usually is, a crap shoot.

So there's no need to take that sort of crap shoot gamble early (drafting Rodgers in 2005 and starting him) especially when a proven QB (Favre) was still producing.

25. JeffQuery

JeffQuery Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +3
    People..there is no GUARANTEE that you'll ever win a championship or SB with Aaron Rodgers.....NONE.

However, there was a much better chance that you could have won one with FAVRE...if Tee Tee just would have given him some weapons to work with. Built a team around him, like they built a team around John Elway at the end of his career.

But no, Ted Thompson, the egotist, had to do it his way. By being the "draft guru" who was going to do it on the cheap.

Besides, other good QB's do come into the NFL...Like in Atlanta, Baltimore, etc., etc..

Why did Rodgers fall so far in the draft if he was so "great"?

He may be pretty good, but there are flaws with him.

You guys treat him like he's the second coming of Johnny Unitas, and let me tell you that he's not.

Tee Tee traded away a chance to be a CHAMPION after the bumbling Mike Sherman left, only to draft alot of mediocrity because of his own damn EGO in believing he could do it ALL through the draft.