So, IF we lose the NFCCG next Sunday, then what?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have time today to explain why I don't believe he- or his way- is best for this team and the issues it faces going forward, but you're one of the posters who I believe couldn't comprehend anything other than slavish devotion to TT.
speaking of mindless BS.

We may just be in this position BECAUSE of his "way" no in spite of it. I brought up the Saints and Byrd a little bit ago and us with Shields. Compare and contrast. Compare and contrast that with losing Finley and a guy like Collins too and tell me this guy isn't good at building football teams.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don`t think he said anything about Slavish devotion DNA. I think TT does deserve some credit, although like others, I think it`s time to step down.

That remark is withdrawn, although it was in responce to Carl- and others- doing their TT is wonderful and anyone who questions him is the problem. I'm not one of the TT sucks crowd; I just believe his way, while highly successful, has also possibly cost this team a title or two, and if it continues, will cost them 1 or 2 more in the future. His system won't address this teams needs well enough in the future.
No offence or anything personal Carl.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't know, i don't know how it would look without having Rodgers on the payroll for how many years either. But regardless of how injury or the play has been this year. Clay Matthews might not be what he was, but he's not a scrub. Neither is Peppers. Daniels is good. I'm excited for Clark, but so far he's just a guy. I like Perry, i think he's on that line between very good and outstanding when healthy. Burnett is a good safety, along with Dix would probably start on almost any team in the league. Hyde is a football player. Our offensive line will start for most teams, at least the majority. all of our starting skill positions would easily find work outside of this team. It's not as if this team doesn't have any players.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. And before Rodgers decided to flip the switch, this team was dead in the water at 4-6.

This is a 4-7 win team at best without Rodgers. JMO. Thompson has been able to get away with subpar drafts and lack of aggression in free agency only because of #12 and Mike McCarthy.

The great Tom Brady wouldn't know where to start with this mess.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

That remark is withdrawn, although it was in responce to Carl- and others- doing their TT is wonderful and anyone who questions him is the problem. I'm not one of the TT sucks crowd; I just believe his way, while highly successful, has also possibly cost this team a title or two, and if it continues, will cost them 1 or 2 more in the future. His system won't address this teams needs well enough in the future.
No offence or anything personal Carl.

No need to withdraw anything mate, I`m just a member like you. I just think if we win this, everybody including even Dom deserves a pat on the back. That doesn`t mean it`s not time for changes ;)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, yeah. And before Rodgers decided to flip the switch, this team was dead in the water at 4-6.

This is a 4-7 win team at best without Rodgers. JMO. Thompson has been able to get away with subpar drafts and lack of aggression in free agency only because of #12 and Mike McCarthy.

The great Tom Brady wouldn't know where to start with this mess.
you're missing 80% of this season if you think it was all Rodgers flipping a switch. shouldn't surprise me though. Losing 4 of 6 starting linebackers has nothing to do with it. Losing an all pro DB early on and having to adapt means nothing. Hyde struggling early compared to know and everything he's done before meant nothing. Not to mention Rodgers was struggling quite a bit early on too. i love fans that don't pay attention to the game.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Just in case you're referring to your youth and the Packers first SB appearance, I can remember. And don't anyone dare ask me to pass the prune juice!
I remember watching all the Packers super bowls. My memories of the Packers start at 1965.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We may just be in this position BECAUSE of his "way" no in spite of it. I brought up the Saints and Byrd a little bit ago and us with Shields. Compare and contrast. Compare and contrast that with losing Finley and a guy like Collins too and tell me this guy isn't good at building football teams.[/QUOTE]

And there he is, the #1 Knight in Arms for TT, coming out swinging with his ******* in a bunch because he percieves less than total prostration to his God TT from someone.
Yeah, let's speak of mindless BS. Use a quote from me in responce to being called a TT hater to take a slap at me. When have I ever said the man hasn't done a fine job, or attacked him personally? But don't consider my points, or the context of the qoute Mondio, just come out swinging for your Lord TT. Maybe if you'd take your lips off his *** for a while you might see that. There's your mindless BS, ace; in the mirror.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
you're missing 80% of this season if you think it was all Rodgers flipping a switch. shouldn't surprise me though. Losing 4 of 6 starting linebackers has nothing to do with it. Losing an all pro DB early on and having to adapt means nothing. Hyde struggling early compared to know and everything he's done before meant nothing. Not to mention Rodgers was struggling quite a bit early on too. i love fans that don't pay attention to the game.
I acknowledge the injuries, you're missing the point I'm making. But thanks for making the false implication that I don't pay attention to the games.

You can choose to believe whatever. But considering the common denominator in this entire equation is Rodgers upping his play to all time great standards is far more than a coincidence. If he were to put up 2015 like numbers, we don't even win 3 of the last 6.

Like I said, JMO. I'll try to start paying more attention to the games, though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And there he is, rushing to defend his God, TT! The cheif lapdog o

And there he is, the #1 Knight in Arms for TT, coming out swinging with his ******* in a bunch because he percieves less than total prostration to his God TT from someone.
Yeah, let's speak of mindless BS. Use a quote from me in responce to being called a TT hater to take a slap at me. When have I ever said the man hasn't done a fine job, or attacked him personally? But don't consider my points, or the context of the qoute Mondio, just come out swinging for your Lord TT. Maybe if you'd take your lips off his *** for a while you might see that. There's your mindless BS, ace; in the mirror.
someone has wadded *******

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I acknowledge the injuries, you're missing the point I'm making. But thanks for making the false implication that I don't pay attention to the games.

You can choose to believe whatever. But considering the common denominator in this entire equation is Rodgers upping his play to all time great standards is far more than a coincidence. If he were to put up 2015 like numbers, we don't even win 3 of the last 6.

Like I said, JMO. I'll try to start paying more attention to the games, though.
you think Rodgers is the only person that has been playing better? Adams? Cobb? Getting Perry back? Hyde? Hyde? look at his first half of season till now. Cook? only rodgers huh?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
speaking of mindless BS.

We may just be in this position BECAUSE of his "way" no in spite of it. I brought up the Saints and Byrd a little bit ago and us with Shields. Compare and contrast. Compare and contrast that with losing Finley and a guy like Collins too and tell me this guy isn't good at building football teams.

Then why does it take Rodgers being superman to get us here? Or didn't starting 4-6 and getting blown off the field repeatedly have anything to do with TT's 'way'?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
More like lucked into Rodgers falling into his lap at #24 in '05.
This is an oft repeated statement by people that think poorly of Thompson. It's a mindless, shallow statement imo and people that repeat it are too lazy to contemplate the alternative to having Rodgers available.

Rodgers was not a can't miss QB prospect like Elway and Luck. His skills were developed by McCarthy and it took a few years.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what's football with out a little zest. I'd say i'm your ying to your yang, but after your lips on edited word, that might be misinterpreted

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am fairly sick of people saying only Rodgers been amazing has gotten us here. We also have a very good oline that allows Rodgers to be Rodgers. We have a deep wide receiving group that has stepped up down the stretch. We have a good tight end in Cook. We also have have been riddled with injuries at rb and db but have only gotten better. I am guessing there is some decent depth and coaching involved there. There is a team across the board that lost so oline men and a rb (don't bring up qb bc Bradford was better than Bridgewater and Zimmer agrees by saying Bradford deserves to start) and their season fell apart. The Packers are on their 5th string rb and last week were missing 3/5ths of their predicted secondary and yet they are winning games against great teams. Of course this team needs Rodgers to be good. The team is built around him and he takes up a significant amount of the cap

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
It's stunning that Thompson supporters are fine with using hindsight to praise some of his moves that worked out yet criticize others pointing out the ones that didn't.

I was only pointing out that, at a minimum, someone complains about every move or non-move that the Packers org makes. Some end up being correct while others do not. Overall, IMO, it seems the Packers have made more good moves than bad.

But, I agree with your point regarding the lack of action this past season (as well as in seasons past). I am not a TT hater, but think it is time for him and Dom to head into the sunset in the next month or so. Would love to see them do this with fancy new rings.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? How many games does this team win without Rodgers? Answer that honestly.

And then tell me what quarterback in the NFL could win with this supporting cast.

Honestly? None of us have any idea how the team would look without Rodgers.

Maybe Favre isnt traded and leads another Super Bowl title, maybe the team was terrible the Packers draft Russell Wilson and he wins the Super Bowl.

Maybe TT builds decent roster but never finds a good QB therefore we make the playoffs but dont win ever like the Texans.

Maybe the Packers are awful and draft Von Miller and signing Manning and they lead a Super Bowl run.

With no Rodgers they'd also have a lot more money to spend.

None of us have any idea how the team would look right now without Rodgers.

Without Rodgers or another super star QB, the supporting cast is likely much better with more cap space and better picks.

It is nowhere near as simple as just taking him off the team and asking what is left.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I'm in the TT apologists camp but I just don't understand how you can say "well if he didn't have Rodgers" as a slight when discussing his capabilities as a GM when he's the one that selected Rodgers in the first place. It's like saying "as long as you discount his great moves then he's really bad"

Take away any franchise QB from pretty any team outside of NE and they aren't very good.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we lose I think TT should step down, something has got to happen for this defense to grow. With the injuries im tired of hearing the next man up, I have been hearing that for some years now. I look at the falcons injury report they have 4 people on the injury report and all were full participants except julio he was limited. It makes you start thinking is it the training staff ?

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I'm in the TT apologists camp but I just don't understand how you can say "well if he didn't have Rodgers" as a slight when discussing his capabilities as a GM when he's the one that selected Rodgers in the first place. It's like saying "as long as you discount his great moves then he's really bad"

Take away any franchise QB from pretty any team outside of NE and they aren't very good.

And don't forget Brady is paid less and that team with Brady has won just 1 of the last 11 Super bowls. They should be looking at firing their gm if they don't win this year

And I am fine if they move on from TT or if he steps down. Just think some armchair gms underrate him acting like landing Rodgers is luck.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

This really should give some people both pause and percpective but yet well still have posters that deny that they've become a spoiled lot the last 25 years

Well, the Falcons haven't had two Hall of Fame quarterbacks starting for them during the last 25 years though.

You have to develop your depth though. You can't do that if you never allow them to play the game.

While I generally agree with that statement the front office of a Super Bowl contender should react once it is abundantly clear their depth guys aren't up to the task.

If you guys still won't give TT credit for building two Super Bowl teams, you clearly have some bias against him and there's no point to even try to reason with you two.

Did the Packers already win the NFCCG at Atlanta??? Last time I checked Thompson's teams have only been to one Super Bowl.

you think Rodgers is the only person that has been playing better? Adams? Cobb? Getting Perry back? Hyde? Hyde? look at his first half of season till now. Cook? only rodgers huh?

Interestingly most of the players you mentioned here are pass catchers that hugely benefit from Rodgers playing az an All-Pro level.

With no Rodgers they'd also have a lot more money to spend.

There's no guarantee the Packers would have more cap space without Rodgers. There are 23 quarterbacks in the league averaging more than $15 million a year and teams tend to overpay for mediocre talent at the position.

I guess I'm in the TT apologists camp but I just don't understand how you can say "well if he didn't have Rodgers" as a slight when discussing his capabilities as a GM when he's the one that selected Rodgers in the first place. It's like saying "as long as you discount his great moves then he's really bad".

While Thompson deserves a ton of credit for drafting Rodgers there's no doubt luck was involved with the pick as well as 21 teams passed on him (Minnesota and Dallas twoce) and no team was interested in trading up as TT listened to trade offers with the Packers already on the clock.

And don't forget Brady is paid less and that team with Brady has won just 1 of the last 11 Super bowls. They should be looking at firing their gm if they don't win this year.

It's absolutely ridiculous to draw a random timeline and ignore the Patriots winning three of the four Super Bowls before the 2005 season.

Members online

Latest posts