So, IF we lose the NFCCG next Sunday, then what?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
don't mind me today; I'm housebound from the ice storm. Always looking ahead this one is.
Does the brass privately write it off as injuries and keep the status quo? (debated here: https://www.packerforum.com/threads/i-dont-think-mike-and-ted-are-going-anywhere.70393/)
MM tell Dom he ain't hacking it anymore and take his show down the road? (don't turn this thread into this one: https://www.packerforum.com/threads/fire-capers.38888/ )
TT thinks his day in the sun is over and steps down? (good debate here: https://www.packerforum.com/threads/eliot-wolf-john-dorsey-gm-threads.70325/ )
Murphy and the BoD start to meddle again? (posts 5-7: https://www.packerforum.com/threads/mike-mccarthy-opinion-poll.70044/ )
TT looks for a different coaching staff to shake things up? (https://www.packerforum.com/threads...o-head-coach-shopping-in-the-offseason.70177/ )
TT opens the checkbook to free agency for one big push to get "over the top?" (we have multiple free agency wish lists .)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Personally, if the Pack loses this Sunday, I won't be overly upset. I'll be darn thankful they turned around an abysmal season and went this far in the playoffs with such a busted up team. On the team side, FIRE CAPERS! :whistling:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this technically a merge of many threads? :D

Good season, pats on the back, status quo. TT will work to draft the next round of leaders. Russ Ball will work to keep our cap in shape. We all lather, rinse, and repeat our various gripes from February through next November.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if they win the SB, I still believe it's time for Thompson to go.
But like El Guapo said, it'll just be wash , rinse, repeat.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, if the Pack loses this Sunday, I won't be overly upset. I'll be darn thankful they turned around an abysmal season and went this far in the playoffs with such a busted up team. On the team side, FIRE CAPERS! :whistling:
If we lose one of the next two there will be a resounding chorus of screaming banshees demanding the rolling of heads of various culprits depending on the circumstances of the loss.

If we win the next two but not to the tune of 63-0, the banshees will be replaced by a 24 hour chorus of crickets, followed by a call for Thompson's head because we still lost 6 games this year and he was a dismal failure from 2011-2015. :)

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we lose one of the next two there will be a resounding chorus of screaming banshees demanding the rolling of heads of various culprits depending on the circumstances of the loss.

If we win the next two but not to the tune of 63-0, the banshees will be replaced by a 24 hour chorus of crickets, followed by a call for Thompson's head because we still lost 6 games this year and he was a dismal failure from 2011-2015. :)

This is the most accurate assessment you'll see in this thread

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the most accurate assessment you'll see in this thread

Nah, it's just more of the same snark from TT sycophants. Don't respond with counterpoints to reasonable critiques of the Great One, just more lame putdowns of the people who offer them for discussion.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I think things will stay the same with the possible exception of Wolf being promoted to GM and Ted taking another role.

Even if we win, I would still want a change at DC and I hope we can bring in some better defensive scouts or something. We've spent years building this defense in the draft with a few free agents. It should be much better than it is.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah, it's just more of the same snark from TT sycophants. Don't respond with counterpoints to reasonable critiques of the Great One, just more lame putdowns of the people who offer them for discussion.
You nailed it on the head. He is one of the greatest and yet he is still not immune from criticism. So shall it be

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's always funny to read the responses in these type of threads. I'm not a huge fan of TT or Capers, and would love for them both to be gone..however, I'm not blind either. The defense is bad...mainly at cornerback. This is a passing league..every Tom, ****, and Harry cansee that. You can't really blame Capers for TT not doing his job. Gunter probably wouldn't have a job if he wasn't in Green Bay....and Randall would be the 3rd corner on most teams... yet these guys start here. Not on Capers. TT should have got a corner not on the practice squad as soon as these guys started getting hurt .

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last time time the Pack won the SB, I wanted both MM and TT gone early in the season. I felt the same way this season during their 4 game skid. But isn't it always how well the team is playing at the end of the season? That all being said, I think it's time for TT to move on.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson has a contract through 2018. Unless he personally chooses to semi-retire, I doubt it happens until then. If wolf is so impatient that he cant follow through with plan A, then he doesn't have the patience to be a top notch GM. that's most likely the message sent to wolf when he was allowed to visit 49ers... Long term thinking is a must for GM, and TT seems to have that as his strong suit. Which ****** off all the short term thinkers... Its hard to think about 2018 and 2019, when it comes to well liked players like Sheilds, Starks, Lacy, Peppers, Mathews, Perry, Lang, Hyde, Tretter, datone, and who ever else I forgot... When we still have to play 2017...

The offseason might be my favorite time of year. Despite the lulls, and nobody to talk to every time you want to talk football. Its the combine, and the prospects, and the strategy sessions, and the draft... I love that stuff.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
If we lose it should be a time of self reflection. Weather or not TT wants to continue to do this or not is the question.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if we shut out our opponents the next 2 games I'm ready for Capers to go. Think we need a change of pace on the defensive end. Yes we have a lot of injuries, but I believe it's up to the DC to make do with what he's got to work with and he just feels a little too set in his ways at this point as if to say "we're gonna do this my way whether or not we're good enough to play that way".

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We MUST win the SB in 3 weeks. Everyone is talking about how Rodgers is the hottest QB right now, that he is "superhuman", that he is the "Michael Jordan of the NFL", that he is basically a god right now. If he can't win the SB, they will call him a failure.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We MUST win the SB in 3 weeks. Everyone is talking about how Rodgers is the hottest QB right now, that he is "superhuman", that he is the "Michael Jordan of the NFL", that he is basically a god right now. If he can't win the SB, they will call him a failure.

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!!!!!

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether they win it all or not, what I want from the Packers in the off season is a number one cornerback. It's the only glaring weakness the team has now that Cook is playing as we'd hoped. Could we use upgrades at other positions? Sure. Is Montgomery the long term solution at RB ? Maybe not. But give me a cornerback as good or better than Sam Shields and I'll feel pretty good going into next season.

goldplater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether they win it all or not, what I want from the Packers in the off season is a number one cornerback. It's the only glaring weakness the team has now that Cook is playing as we'd hoped. Could we use upgrades at other positions? Sure. Is Montgomery the long term solution at RB ? Maybe not. But give me a cornerback as good or better than Sam Shields and I'll feel pretty good going into next season.
CB The only need?
CB1, agree
OLB2, Perry has one year left, Peppers Zero, DJones is not the answer...
ILB4
DL2? Need, indeed if Raji is not coming back

BUT: this Team has primary drafted D since years and did not reach the 2009/10-level again.

on O:
Fast, big Receiver maybe not necessary if Nelson stays the same
TE2 as Cook-replacement? For sure
RB3? Maybe
OL1-2? Sure, because Lang and Tretter are FA until now

So we have a lot of topplayers needed as upgrade and some development of Randall, Rollins as well. At least on the healthside.

So there might be some FA intrested to come here while we lose some.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread should wait until after the game. You guys sound like pundits we have listen of tv and radio. Debbie downers.

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
theyll go on to make the playoffs again next year as well and youll complain about another successful season.
they are final 4 team again. Who ever is actually making money off the Packers isnt complaining.

Members online

Latest posts