1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

So I got banned

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Oct 27, 2005.

1. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I got banned at a Viking site. After Smith burned Smoot so much in the Viking loss to the Panthers I went to the site and they found 21 threads posted during and after the game that were rants about Smoot getting burned and why did they sign him to so much money etc.
    I put some brief comments that were agreements with the posters. Compared to the names and rants the Viking "fans" put in it was extrememly mild. I brought them all to the front the next day. 21 anti-Smoot rants. No e-mail or note of explanation. I just get a note I've been banned when I attempt to log on. I did not start any of the threads. They could have locked most of them.

I guess the moderator was in a bad mood after the loss.

2. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Crabby Mods. I have to remember that myself sometimes since we haven't been doing so hot lately...

Just out of curiosity, what site was that?

3. Noisey Packer Fan

Noisey Packer Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I might be an odball but I have never been baned from any where So tell how does it really fill to get baned 8)

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I've been banned a few times.

5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    NOOO...

I was totally surprised when I went back to the site, I just laughed and shook my head.

6. Noisey Packer Fan

Noisey Packer Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well at least we brought some joy to your day

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

hehe even made a friend from one admin who kept trying to ban me but failed miserably at each attempt ... he had to know how i kept getting around it ... n00b

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I've been banned once.........and the funny part was, i didn't break any of the rules that they stated were reasons to be banned! I didn't attack anyone, didn't cuss, nothing. My ONLY wrong doing was i backed the a certain political leader and the moderator HATES that person. (No, i'm NOT starting a political thing......i KNOW thats not allowed here) After 7700 post there, WHAM! I get blown off with no suspension, nothing! Then, i was upset and went to a DIFFERENT chat, and because i was hurt at what had happened, i said "What a bunch of losers!" to a friend i was talking to. Well, there was a lurker, who copied and pasted my chat ONTO the site. The moderator not only allowed it to be posted, but was GIDDY that he had something to say "SEE? SEE what kind of person he is?" Oh.....and it was posted "anonymously" which was not POSSIBLE on that site unless you RAN it! And of course i couldn't defend myself. So when i was told of this site, i was leery to come here......afraid of getting the heave ho again. I had made alot of friends on the other site, and was saddened to be bounced like that. But i see alot of them are coming around here now. I think some are getting tired of the games being played on that other site. I bet now some that thought I was the problem now see that that wasn't the case. Anyway..........thanks for letting me rant.......felt good to get off my chest. Also good to know i'm not the ONLY one to ever get booted!

9. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Alan, it slowly gets a little brighter on the horizon.
    I was also on that "site that may not be named" as you know (and still am, maybe once or twice a week). I was offline for about two weeks, came back and had to notice that they had shut down the site. :shock:
    Some days later I found a PM from a member with a link to a site another member had created. When I came to there and asked what had happened, noone could give me an answer or a good reason for the shutdown.
    The only thing I understood was that you and some others had been banned, the site was closed and would be reopened soon after a reconstuction.
    I told the admin of the new site that I would appreciate his work but would have found a new and better site (pf.com), that I would only seldomly go back to "the site that may not be named" because I thought they should not have closed a site with over 1,200 member just "for fun" and that the new organisation with all the moderatalibans would not be my understanding of free speach and internet- forums (with all the understanding of rules that shall be).BTW I don't like that man you support too, I don't like polititians at all, but I would never put a thing like that in a forum like this one (hrrhmm :oops: ) or over a good laugh, the interesting news and talking about football (especially packers football) and a stein of cold beer or a tasty glass of dark red and clear italian wine.
    I'm looking forward to your posting.

As Gakk would say : skâl [​IMG][​IMG]

Ryan, feel fre to delete what ever is against the rules. :rules:

Harald

10. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Rofl...love that one!

11. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Nothing against the rules in that post bavpb, you are all good. I don't hunt for things to get on people's nutz about here. If something clicks with me or the mods that we don't like, we will reference back to the rules and if it's a violation, just edit it and pm the user. we are not too hard assed about it. We like to keep it fun, PG PG13 (R in the Smack area) in the forums so everyone can have a good time and discuss at their leisure whatever is on their mind.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We appreciate that Ryan! I think if you asked 1195 of the 1200 members that were on that "site not to be named" they would say i never came CLOSE to saying anything over the edge. But when you tick off the one running the show, there is nothing you can do when they don't even give you the opportunity to explain yourself. When i logged in, i was banned.......not even a chance. But such is life i guess..........they can do what they want, reguardless of wrong or right. Heck, i KNOW there are those that don't agree with my beliefs, and although i don't agree with them, as i said on the "site not to be named" I would fight to the DEATH their rights as Americans to HAVE their beliefs/opinions.
    I guess that makes me a bad guy! LOL!

13. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ryan, I have been banned to, and in my viewpoint not for any good reason either. I stood up for a friend, never got a warning like the rule was suppose to be. Just couldnt get on one day...but it was the BEST thing that happened to me seriously...would rather be here posting with you guys!!!! Not with people that werent caring and kind...what happens sometimes I believe is this: People read to much into posts and things get blown out of proportion. If your words are not perfect then your in trouble...and my words are NEVER perfect...lol...

14. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello: My name is Tripp...and I have been banned too. (crowd...Hello Tripp!)

I have been banned for about 3 months now. I try to stay banned one day at a time. Currently, I am going through the twelve step banning method...

1. Delete banned site from favorites
    2. Spend a month not visiting any similar sites
    3. Repent for why you got banned (I will never stand up for what is right again!))
    4. Find a new and better site to frequent ,PPF.com (sorry, I stutter)
    5. introduce yourself and let everyone know you are a banned one
    6. Seek counseling for your banning problem (Dr. Amstellight is excellent)
    7. Continue counseling (more of Dr. Amstellight and his colleague Dr. Absolut)
    8. Pilgrimage to holy land (I am going to xmas game)
    9. Help out the needy (I contacted the admin of "the not to be named' site) but he is still in denial) ;-)
    Steps 10, 11, and 12 are still being learned...but with the help of my good Dr.'s I will succeed!

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm going through the 7700 step program.............i think i'm up to step FOUR right about now. I figure by this time in the year 3212 I should be done with it.
    As soon as i figure out how to get the footprints off my head..............oh well, i wasn't using my head anyway.
    Good to see you Trippmeister!
    I think i have lost about 95% of my "Cheesiness", but such is life i guess. 5% is still more then zero.

16. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was banned once for asking where a thread went when it disappeared while I was trying to read it. Then I started a new topic asking where the thread went and that one was erased. Then I asked what is up with all the threads disappearing and it got erased. Then I wrote "will the a$$hole who keeps deleting threads before I can read them please stop" Next time I tried to post BANNED.

P.S. If you don't change your picture soon Ryan you are going under **** suspicion. (not that there's anything wrong with that LOL)

17. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I suspect #8 will be the best therapy on the road to recovery...

18. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    I love ALL your guys,,,you are ALL so funny,,,,Cheesy you havent lost any cheesiness,,,you are still the Cheddar, Mozerella, String, Blue of them all....okay maybe that wasnt funny trying here...lol....you my friend will never loose your cheesiness....

Trippster!!!! So glad your okay my friend!!! And so glad to see you on here with all of us once again....Missed you and Cheesy being together on the same site how funny...

Ryan you have a great attitude running this board and your a great kind person as well....it will be fun being here with such great people...:)

19. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Heather, glad to have you on the site! Glad you have a good time here!

Tripp, if you guys want to tailgate with us on xmas let me know, we will be up there too.

20. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ryan so glad to be here!!! Wished we were in WI we would love to be at that game and tailgating with all of you.....:)

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I got to be at the Packer game when they waxed the Saints. First time i got to see a regular season win in person. It was an awesome expieience.
    Ryan........you and Tripp have fun at the game! And be sure to dress warm.......chances are it will be cold.

22. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I miss this thread.

23. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh man, reading that Ryan's user name on the site was packerforum.com was PRICELESS! :lol:

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I was WODERING why this thread was "reborn"..........i thought maybe someone had got the AXE somewhere, and wanted to report it here. Brings back memories.......rereading my old BANNED post. I didn't realize i have been here such a short time! It SEEMS longer!!! (I bet it seems longer to YOU guys, who have to put up with me!)

25. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    the funny part is the lions message board that shut down when I came here last year still isn't back. I found a new lions message board a while back though.