So I found the keys to a Lions win.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I'm not saying they'll win, but this is a pretty good write up on how to have success verse the Pack.

What really stands out is that we must control the line and run the ball if they are only going to have 6 in the box. Second, this defense needs to be decisive and flow to the ball. One of these gifs show exactly how confused we can be without a good signal caller in the secondary.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/...-lions-green-bay-packers-weaknesses-game-plan

D

Deleted member 6794

No I'm not saying they'll win, but this is a pretty good write up on how to have success verse the Pack.

What really stands out is that we must control the line and run the ball if they are only going to have 6 in the box. Second, this defense needs to be decisive and flow to the ball. One of these gifs show exactly how confused we can be without a good signal caller in the secondary.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/...-lions-green-bay-packers-weaknesses-game-plan

Nothing really new in this article as it's pretty obvious the Packers will have to establish the run game to get the Lions out of dropping seven into coverage.

The article completely ignores the improved run defense since Matthews moved inside and the progression made by Burnett and Clinton-Dix during the season though.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing really new in this article as it's pretty obvious the Packers will have to establish the run game to get the Lions out of dropping seven into coverage.

The article completely ignores the improved run defense since Matthews moved inside and the progression made by Burnett and Clinton-Dix during the season though.

Lions really have no choice but to use a 2-deep safety scheme and hope their pass rush and run defense can be as effective as in week 3. I don't think any of us here think they will be, but that's why they play the game. The alternatives, blitzing and trying to man up against the Packer receivers is a very, very bad idea, or stacking the box to take away the run and let AR air it out is also a really bad idea.

I don't think the article underestimates the Packer offense except for the OL. He does seem to ignore how well the Packer OL has played in the 2nd half. I also agree that the writer does ignore the improvements the Packers have made on defense. And that's where this game will be decided IMO. The wild card here is STs. STs is a major reason why GB lost against Detroit and Buffalo. If Detroit can get a STs score, a blocked punt or FG, then you never know.

Last edited:

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions really have no choice but to use a 2-deep safety scheme and hope their pass rush and run defense can be as effective as in week 3. I don't think any of us here think they will be, but that's why they play the game. The alternatives, blitzing and trying to man up against the Packer receivers is a very, very bad idea, or stacking the box to take away the run and let AR air it out is also a really bad idea.

I don't think the article underestimates the Packer offense except for the OL. He does seem to ignore how well the Packer OL has played in the 2nd half. I also agree that the writer does ignore the improvements the Packers have made on defense. And that's where this game will be decided IMO. The wild card here is STs. STs is a major reason why GB lost against Detroit and Buffalo. If Detroit can get a STs score, a blocked punt or FG, then you never know.

Detroit's ST's aren't anything to write home about. What have they gone through- 3 kickers this season? And don't forget Jeremy Ross, the former Packer. He hurt the Pack in last year's Thanksgiving blow-out but is still prone to make the mistakes that made the Packers give up on him. Most recently botching a punt against the Bears last Sunday.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts