So has Hawk earned his money for next year?

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers would miss Barnett's character, more than they would miss his playing ability. I still see him in GB next season though. They'll fit him in there.

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Barnett has also started getting stung by the injury bug the last few year. ACL, then this year's wrist dislocation or whatever. Although Urlacher has come back from that injury better than ever after a year off to rest his body.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hawk plays the same position as Barnett. The exact same. Together they don't play well. Hawk plays better when he's the playcaler and the leader, when he lines up to the left, with a bigger bodied DE in Pickett.

I don't know if you keep Hawk and Barnett. Though problem.
Numbers are T/AT Sacks INT PD FF FR

Barnett 2009 105 4 0* 7 0 0
Hawk 2010 110 .5 3 10 0 1

*last INT for Barnett was 2007

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB should definitely keep Hawk, just not at his soon-to-be salary. He has had an amazing year and is really beginning to shine in the 3-4. $10 million is WAYYYY too much for Hawk (or any LB on the Packers not named CM3).

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Numbers are T/AT Sacks INT PD FF FR

Barnett 2009 105 4 0* 7 0 0
Hawk 2010 110 .5 3 10 0 1

*last INT for Barnett was 2007
Barnett played counted snaps till week 8, if I'm not mistaken.

The sack numbers are a big telling. Barnett is MUCH better at shedding blockers than Hawk. He probably has much more tackles behind the LOS.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't buy into a player that only puts up great effort when the money is on the line.

Barnett has been good his whole career. Hawk has only been good this year. And those ints he had last season my grandmother could have caught.

I fully admit I am a hawk hater

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Barnett played counted snaps till week 8, if I'm not mistaken.

The sack numbers are a big telling. Barnett is MUCH better at shedding blockers than Hawk. He probably has much more tackles behind the LOS.

I don't understand what week 8 is about. 2009 - 16 games for Barnett 2010- 16 games for Hawk.

The numbers tell me that Hawk is much more effective in pass coverage, more interceptions and more passes defended. I guess Capers takes advantage of what they are best at.

Regarding sack numbers, the 4 was the highest in his career. First 5 years he averaged 2.25 sacks per year. Anyway I just wanted to compare numbers for when they were playing the same position- not MLB vs RLB

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't buy into a player that only puts up great effort when the money is on the line.

Barnett has been good his whole career. Hawk has only been good this year. And those ints he had last season my grandmother could have caught.

I fully admit I am a hawk hater

LOL...please don't burn my jersey IVO