• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 61.0%

• Total voters

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I said it before, they have to win the SB in order for this to be deemed a success

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Super bowl or bust? The Vikings have a shot this year but I doubt it will be seen as a failure if they come up short. with the pack and Bears loseing today i would say the Vikings have the north but we have to get homefield advantage to have a shot.

No, I'm talking about for Favre, specifically.

No Super Bowl, and his legendary status is severely damaged. Potentially for a long time.

Another Super Bowl trophy, and he may think it's worth it all. But the ego is too big to think he isn't hurt by it.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think that if they don't make it to the SB it is a bust for the vikes. Childress did everything he could to get Brent in the off-season. He lied to everyone when he said he wouldn't go after Favre if he wasn't willing to put in the work in training camp and things of that nature. He sold his integrity to try to get to the SB.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said it before, they have to win the SB in order for this to be deemed a success
In your mind but not mine as you need the vikings to fail to feel better about the mishandling of Brett favre. So far the Vikes have swept the pack so advantage Favre.They are on their way to winning the North,again advantage favre. So you want to come in and claim victory at the last second if the Vikings don't win the Superbowl? So far Ted and Mike are looking bad in front of fans of the packers around the globe and yet you think you can claim a victory by haveing Brett Favre not getting a second ring? You keep hanging on to that because by season end that maybe all you have.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think that if they don't make it to the SB it is a bust for the vikes. Childress did everything he could to get Brent in the off-season. He lied to everyone when he said he wouldn't go after Favre if he wasn't willing to put in the work in training camp and things of that nature. He sold his integrity to try to get to the SB.
weak!brett favre knew his was coming back in june. Sold his integrity? lol that is hilarious because NFL fans across the nation are in love with the Brett Favre guided Vikings. You Packers fan hate it but really all the gushing about the Vikings by national press tells me brad Childress's integrity is doing just fine. All records say the Vikings were a QB short of greatness and one of the best of all time was available and we got him!

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, you don't think that Childress saying one thing, but then doing the complete opposite is bad? I'm having a hard time understanding your stance. I'm assuming you're in the "Well, AS LONG AS THEY'RE WINNING!", you don't care how it went down in the off-season to make it happen.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, you don't think that Childress saying one thing, but then doing the complete opposite is bad? I'm having a hard time understanding your stance. I'm assuming you're in the "Well, AS LONG AS THEY'RE WINNING!", you don't care how it went down in the off-season to make it happen.
What? WTF are you talking about, you guys have Aaron Rodgers remember so we took an old broken down has been that throws all them INT's and chokes away the seasons like many on here claimed. His job is to coach and win he is doing that. Who did he lie to? Favre wanted to come here and we wanted him so what is the problem? My those grapes are sour in green Bay

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
News flash to all you haters the vikings won 4 more games than you last year w/out Brett Favre so if you think this is all about Brett Favre you are dreaming as Minnesota is loaded with talent

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So many variables, I couldn't say.

Favre, personally, has a problem though if the Queens flop in the playoffs.

All the money in the world doesn't match the ego. He gave up the idol worship for this opportunity. Will it be worth it to him?

Maybe a Super Bowl makes it worth it, but anything less, whoops.

In a few years...Favre will be remembered as the "HERO"....and Tee Tee, as the evil "GOAT" and scourge of GREEN BAY.....

You people have your priorities screwed up right now, but history will correct things...It always does...

PS..What happened to SACKY McPICK today?

PU....that smells like Limburger...put it under glass, already..!

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a few years...Favre will be remembered as the "HERO"....and Tee Tee, as the evil "GOAT" and scourge of GREEN BAY.....

You people have your priorities screwed up right now, but history will correct things...It always does...

PS..What happened to SACKY McPICK today?

PU....that smells like Limburger...put it under glass, already..!
Our priorities are to root for GB despite who's wearing the Green and Gold. I'm sorry for you that needs to root for a single person, because the Packers will be here win or lose. How long will Favre keep playing?

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because at the time they were way ahead of the curve and won Superbowls(except for tark and plunk). Bradshaw has a hand full of rings and favre does not. I am just trying to say you could fill in the blank as great QB's in the NFL. Namath,Unitas are acouple more names along with Young,Montana,Simms,kenny Anderson,otto graham so really to Put Favre at the head of the pack of all time great QB's is being short sighted

Dang you are having trouble with this thread. Plunkett didn't win a SB, he helped OAK win TWO SBs, '80, '83.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Our priorities are to root for GB despite who's wearing the Green and Gold. I'm sorry for you that needs to root for a single person, because the Packers will be here win or lose. How long will Favre keep playing?

How long will Tee Tee keep GM'n and McFatty keep coachin'?

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang you are having trouble with this thread. Plunkett didn't win a SB, he helped OAK win TWO SBs, '80, '83.
your right i was deployed overseas during the early 80's but my point is alot of great QB's have played to give Brett favre the tiltle as best ever

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How long will Tee Tee keep GM'n and McFatty keep coachin'?
Hopefully they'll be done by the end of this year. It won't change the fact that you cheered for the arch-rival. But you'll probably still be re-accepted as a "fan", given the magnanimosity of Green Bay Packers fans.

And Green Bay won't close it's doors if TT and MM get fired, or stay, or perform badly, or do good. I will still cheer for the Packers if they are here. I won't hide and go to another club, to see if I can be happy there... I don't need to change colors because I disagree with the management...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What? WTF are you talking about, you guys have Aaron Rodgers remember so we took an old broken down has been that throws all them INT's and chokes away the seasons like many on here claimed. His job is to coach and win he is doing that. Who did he lie to? Favre wanted to come here and we wanted him so what is the problem? My those grapes are sour in green Bay

He lied to the media and his team when he said that he would only bring in Favre early and not like how the Jets did last year. He said he would make Favre participate in all of the off-season workouts if they were going to pick up Favre. He specifically said this before he picked up Favre. He undermined his team and lied to all of them most importantly T-Jack and Sage about what would happen. You don't remember any of that?

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He lied to the media and his team when he said that he would only bring in Favre early and not like how the Jets did last year. He said he would make Favre participate in all of the off-season workouts if they were going to pick up Favre. He specifically said this before he picked up Favre. He undermined his team and lied to all of them most importantly T-Jack and Sage about what would happen. You don't remember any of that?
the vikings fans and players are all on board with bringing brett favre to the vikings! So as long it is only packer fans that are upset I guess we will have to live with ourselves. We are all happy over here so I doubt your protest will dampen Brad Childress's or Brett Favre's legacy. Media is nothing but lies so really do you feel bad for the Media or yourself?

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying I feel bad for the media, but Childress lied to his team to get Brent on his team and approve of pampering him. Yes, it definitely is paying off for you guys. I'm not going to deny that. Childress is just a bad coach who can't keep to his word.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying I feel bad for the media, but Childress lied to his team to get Brent on his team and approve of pampering him. Yes, it definitely is paying off for you guys. I'm not going to deny that. Childress is just a bad coach who can't keep to his word.
Your singing to the choir about childress with me. I have never been a fan of childress. Childress went after favre to save his team as he knows with $ Ziggy has spent on this team a mediocre Vikings team was not going to get a new contract for him. He banked on getting Brett favre and now they are talking extension with him. Why? I have no idea because its not like anybody would try to lure him away.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, I just wasn't sure of your stance on Childress. I think that it's definitely paid off so far and a lot of people said it wouldn't have including myself. That's the only thing though that you can praise him on though.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I honestly do not get why people are railing so much on Childress ...

Childress record speaks for itself ... Ever since he was brought to Minnesota, the Vikings have improved each season ...

I doubt anyone would have thought that Childress would be building a play-off caliber team in such a short span really, when he was first mentioned as a Vikings coach ...

Granted there has been issues with the play-calling at some times, however, the fact remains ... - The Vikings have been improving while Childress has been coaching ...

Year | Coach | Record

2001 | Green / Tice | 5-11
2002 | Tice | 6-10
2003 | Tice | 9-7
2004 | Tice | 8-8
2005 | Tice | 9-7
2006 | Childress | 6-10
2007 | Childress | 8-8
2008 | Childress | 10-6
* 2009 | Childress | 7-1

So far Childress is 31-25, with 1 play off appearance looking at possible 2nd play off run within his first 4 years as head coach ...

- That's not that terrible really, when you look around the rest of the NFL ...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Childress has definitely improved, but I just question his play-calling ability and ability to win in the playoffs.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Childress has definitely improved, but I just question his play-calling ability and ability to win in the playoffs.

It can be argued both ways ... - I don't recall anyone having claimed that Childress is a "Great" coach (yet ?), however, based on his performance through his 3 prior seasons and so far the current one ... - I think it's a little too "biased" to say that Childress is a bad coach ... - That's all ...

In many ways I think Childress may be a little too "cerebreal" for the average NFL fan to digest ...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly do not get why people are railing so much on Childress ...

Childress record speaks for itself ... Ever since he was brought to Minnesota, the Vikings have improved each season ...

I doubt anyone would have thought that Childress would be building a play-off caliber team in such a short span really, when he was first mentioned as a Vikings coach ...

Granted there has been issues with the play-calling at some times, however, the fact remains ... - The Vikings have been improving while Childress has been coaching ...

Year | Coach | Record

2001 | Green / Tice | 5-11
2002 | Tice | 6-10
2003 | Tice | 9-7
2004 | Tice | 8-8
2005 | Tice | 9-7
2006 | Childress | 6-10
2007 | Childress | 8-8
2008 | Childress | 10-6
* 2009 | Childress | 7-1

So far Childress is 31-25, with 1 play off appearance looking at possible 2nd play off run within his first 4 years as head coach ...

- That's not that terrible really, when you look around the rest of the NFL ...
his play calling has been terrible at times and game management. For the first time in 10 years we have a 2 minute offense and I credit that to No.4 and not childress. He didn't call plays in Philly for a reason as a Off Cordinator and that is rare in the NFL. With Mike Tice we were 30 million under the cap year after year. Red McCombs did not spend money as Ziggy has. Mike Tice did not have an owner who would go after a jared Allen,Bernard Berrian or Brett favre. So really I am not shocked with what he has done with the talent the Vikings have.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
his play calling has been terrible at times and game management. For the first time in 10 years we have a 2 minute offense and I credit that to No.4 and not childress. He didn't call plays in Philly for a reason as a Off Cordinator and that is rare in the NFL. With Mike Tice we were 30 million under the cap year after year. Red McCombs did not spend money as Ziggy has. Mike Tice did not have an owner who would go after a jared Allen,Bernard Berrian or Brett favre. So really I am not shocked with what he has done with the talent the Vikings have.

Ah ... - So before Childress came ... I have to ask you ...

Did Adrian Peterson play ?
Did Percy Harvin ?
Sidney Rice ?
Phil Loadholt ?

Not to mention bringing in Jared Allen ...
Just to mention some recent additions during Childress tenure, because I'm sure Childress had nothing to do whatsoever with bringing in those guys ?

Again, I agree there has been some play-calling that had me wonder, however, you see that practically in all teams and coaches through out the NFL ... - Well perhaps not and only rarely when it comes to Bill Belicheck (whom I find is probably the best coach during the past long time in the NFL by far over all ...).

My point being ... 4 seasons into Childress tenure, I just think it's a little too harsh to be blaming Childress, when in fact as a coach, Childress has been producing ...

Incidently ... Skolguy ... I think you should give the Vikings a call, perhaps they have a spot for you as an offensive (assistant) coach ?

Also did you consider the possibility of the fact that there might also have been alot of plays in the WC offense and Vikings Play book that Childress wasn't able to get executed with the current other quarterbacks that he had, before signing Favre ? - Perhaps a little similar to the situation the Packers are also currently facing with Rodgers ... ? - Being able to "open up" the play book, does help the team immensely ... not to mention the impact a good leader will have on any team, and those that surrounds him ... - Leadership abilities and play book options that the Vikings prior to a quarterback like Favre, did not have during Childress first 3 years ...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is doing a great job this year but i felt we should have won more games since he has been here. last year Viking fans were wearing "fire this *******" t-shirts to the dome so it is not just me who does not care for brad Childress. Winning cures all but I thought we were a better team than 6-10 his first year and I thought the Vikings were better than 8-8 his second year and I thought they were a better team than 10-6 last year. He had a chip on his shoulder when people questioned his offense for which he stated he runs a kickass offense but the results have not been there until now.

Members online

Latest posts