So close... Yet so far away.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be worse.. You could be a MN fan lol

That's a fair point.

Green Bay has won 13 World Championships to the Vikings zero.

And although the Pack will not win another championship this year, they have never had to say they've won just one less world championship than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

It's a phenomenal franchise, in a state of winners. Be grateful for what you have.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could be a douchy Bear fan online laughing at our lack of success in the NFC Championship game.... YET our only NFC Championship win in the Rodgers era was at your ****** field :D. Not to mention your entire franchise has 9 playoff wins since 1985, and Aaron Rodgers has 10. Vikings aren't much better with 11 since 1985 :D

I live in Chicago and the social media is brutal. How quick Bear fans forgot how awful the last 20 weeks of their season went that they were coming off a 12-4 season where they blamed a KICKER on why they didn't advance to the SuperBowl to fight to get back to 8-8 and were eliminated from the playoffs at week 15. How quick they forget all that.

Also lived in Dallas for a few years, the Cowboy fans are just as embarrassing. "I'd rather miss the playoffs than have a showing like that in the NFC Championship game!"

I was very negative yesterday, so for that I apologize. I fell victim of really thinking this was going to be a different game than week 12 and within the first 8 minutes of the game the writing was on the wall already. It is a learning curve for the team, all the young rookies/second year guys, MLF rookie HC. I hope they feed off of this and do what is necessary to return next year. MLF looked dumbfounded and lost once the thumping begun. There was no urgency for the team yesterday. Have a lot to learn but if some pieces can fall into place and the correct players can be signed, while 13-3 is hard to top I think it's still up from here. Not on the downslope just yet. Though it's real easy to be negative right now with how fresh that loss is.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK then tank for 3 years to get like the niners
My point is that given the numerous holes on the roster, this year's draft position likely makes filling those holes a multi'year prospect. I know I harp on Gary, but it sure would've been nice to have gotten a good starting calibar player with the 12th pick in the draft instead of a back up player who can kindly be described as a project. Being at the end of AR's career, the pick makes no sense. Gute sure blew it. Going back to 2011 the high draft pick busts have always produced a roster with glaring holes that are easily exploited by good teams.

Swagger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point is that given the numerous holes on the roster, this year's draft position likely makes filling those holes a multi'year prospect. I know I harp on Gary, but it sure would've been nice to have gotten a good starting calibar player with the 12th pick in the draft instead of a back up player who can kindly be described as a project. Being at the end of AR's career, the pick makes no sense. Gute sure blew it. Going back to 2011 the high draft pick busts have always produced a roster with glaring holes that are easily exploited by good teams.
I agree especially after drafting the Smith brothers and Fackrell has been productive over the past 18 months.

Strange pick I agree.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree especially after drafting the Smith brothers and Fackrell has been productive over the past 18 months.

Strange pick I agree.

admittedly I am not someone who watches a bunch of college so I cannot sit here and say "should have drafted this person or that person" if ESPN, Fox Sports or CBS isn't talking about someone I have basically no idea who the player is. I never heard them say much about Gary so the pick was a little surprise to me.

But having a pick that made a direct, immediate impact to go along with the Smith Bro's would have been fantastic. Hopefully another offseason the project that is Gary comes together. The opportunities I feel were there, they weren't counting on him to put like Z's numbers, just like the opportunities were there for MVS this year and neither panned out.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, you could be a fan of Michigan sports teams.
Lions
Tigers
Red Wings
Pistons
All losers of epic proportions.

I think the point was expectations versus results. Nobody thinks any of the Detroit teams are going anywhere at the start of the season, so when they don't, it's no big deal, ala the Lovable Loser Cubs. As noted elsewhere, the Bucks, at this point, don't appear to be in the discussion, but let's check back a the end of the NBA season.

Seems like all WI sports teams are inches away from winning it all.

Badgers, bucks, Packers, Brewers.

All of them. Yet when it counts, it feels like we are miles away every time.

Sky King

Reaction score
Seems like all WI sports teams are inches away from winning it all.

Badgers, bucks, Packers, Brewers.

All of them. Yet when it counts, it feels like we are miles away every time.

I'm exhausted rooting for Wisconsin sports teams lately.

Goodnight everyone.
This is something that has also crossed my mind many times over the years. The Packers are the only ones to break the cycle over the past several decades. Occasionally amongst the best but with the exception of a long-ago Bucks team and two more recent Packer teams, never THE undisputed best.

Hopefully, Yelich is not just another future Yankee and Giannis is not the next future Laker. At the moment, there does not seem to be another future-something sitting on the Packers roster.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack need another good WR, a tight end, D-line, O-line, a linebacker, consistent punter. Not sure how durable A Jones will be. Fact is, a good team with an average QB beats a mediocre team with a great QB.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute had a bad first year where he whiffed on Graham, Josh Jackson and Burks but rebounded and added six good or great players to the roster in 2019. If he repeats 2019 and fills the six glaring holes in the current roster, the Packers will be legitimate Super Bowl contenders next season. That will very difficult given their draft stock and cap numbers but its not impossible. The Packers are still suffering from the 2015 draft debacle and his first year, but 2019 was a huge upgrade in talent.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack need another good WR, a tight end, D-line, O-line, a linebacker, consistent punter. Not sure how durable A Jones will be. Fact is, a good team with an average QB beats a mediocre team with a great QB.

Aside from MAYBE Russell Wilson, there isn't a QB in the NFC that I don't give the Packers the upper hand against. Which is why as much as last night is tough to swallow, the run isn't over just yet. But they need to build up the team around Rodgers.

But look around, who in the NFC is better at the QB position? Wentz? Dak? Cousins? Stafford? Brees? Ryan? Jimmy G? Goff?

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Chicago and the social media is brutal. How quick Bear fans forgot how awful the last 20 weeks of their season went that they were coming off a 12-4 season where they blamed a KICKER on why they didn't advance to the SuperBowl to fight to get back to 8-8 and were eliminated from the playoffs at week 15. How quick they forget all that.

Yeah, as I've mentioned besides those cheaters in Boston I'll put our resume with anyone's over the last 30 years. Keep living on Ditka and Walter Payton era a few years before I was even born.

Also lived in Dallas for a few years, the Cowboy fans are just as embarrassing. "I'd rather miss the playoffs than have a showing like that in the NFC Championship game!"

I've never came across a Cow***** fan that wasn't butthurt about Green Bay. With the old fans, it dates back to the Ice Bowl. They owned us for 3 years, and THAT'S IT. Recent memory has been a complete *** whooping.
2010- killed them 45-7 and got Wade Phillips fired which immediately led to.... Jason Garrett lol
2013- Week 15 Dallas led 26-3 at halftime AND 36-24 with 8 minutes left. Go on to collapse and lose by one point. Not Aaron Rodgers but Texas boy Matt Flynn led the comeback. Dallas would go on to miss the playoffs by one game a few weeks later.
2014- Dez's Drop in playoffs
2015- Week 14. Cowboys at 4-7 and 1 game behind all 5-6 teams in their division, Dallas needs a win a Green Bay. No chance. 28-7 *** whooping as overweight Eddie Lacy runs wild for his best game of the season.
2016- 1 seed and choked again lol!
2017- Week 5- Big game for Cowboys at 2-2 and Rodgers owns them late to win in Dallas 35-31. Cowboys end up missing the playoffs 9-7.

GOOD TIMES

I was very negative yesterday, so for that I apologize. I fell victim of really thinking this was going to be a different game than week 12 and within the first 8 minutes of the game the writing was on the wall already. It is a learning curve for the team, all the young rookies/second year guys, MLF rookie HC. I hope they feed off of this and do what is necessary to return next year. MLF looked dumbfounded and lost once the thumping begun. There was no urgency for the team yesterday. Have a lot to learn but if some pieces can fall into place and the correct players can be signed, while 13-3 is hard to top I think it's still up from here. Not on the downslope just yet. Though it's real easy to be negative right now with how fresh that loss is.
It's fine to be frustrated while it happens. 2 games away from championship, this game should mean a lot to all of us. The hope is Rodgers stays healthy and continues chemistry with the receivers (I'm done with G-Mo + Kumero, would like to see MVS in training camp to see what he has) and has a better grasp of offense in year 2. Pettine's game plan was ****. I don't want to fire him yet, but he's on my hot seat for certain. Whole team was nervous in 1st half. Continue to look hard for young talent. I really hope Gary can see the field more one way or another.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah it's been eerily similar to the way Brett ended his career... is his mind "somewhere else"? who knows?

Most of the physical ability is still there though, there were two INCREDIBLE throws he made to Davante tonight that not many guys can make. The one off his backfoot to the sideline and the deep ball(that was maybe 60 yards?) on the money....

But yeah I don't think he has "it" anymore.

I'll give credit to Pat Mahomes though, I saw that game and he literally just "put the Chiefs on his back" and made plays to get them to the Super Bowl so hats off to him

We keep forgetting that Rodgers was playing in a completely new offense for the first time in his NFL career. Did Brett ever have to learn a whole new scheme and language after 14 years? I suspect this wasn't as easy as we think and why I believe we'll see him look more like his old self in 2020. We saw glimpses of it the last few games before Sunday night.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny, they see Rodgers to "it" but then go on to say he doesn't have "it" anymore. Familiarity within the new offense and confidence in legitimate playmakers and this offense is going to be looking a lot different. They were a lot better November on than Sept thru October. year 2 should be better.

Latest posts