so after day one we'll say we have 25 mil after shields

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are the odds of going into camp we still have 25 mil left if not more. For tt being so great at what he does I will agree. He is number one in keeping us gullible and naive fans thinking he will actually try and improve this team. I honestly dont think we ever talked to any top tier free agents. I wonder how many millions of dollars tt makes a year off of us believing that we are more than just a mediocre team?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Every year fans are dumbfounded that Ted doesnt sign anyone..

This year will be no different

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are the odds of going into camp we still have 25 mil left if not more. For tt being so great at what he does I will agree. He is number one in keeping us gullible and naive fans thinking he will actually try and improve this team. I honestly dont think we ever talked to any top tier free agents. I wonder how many millions of dollars tt makes a year off of us believing that we are more than just a mediocre team?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I KNOW! wouldn't it be great if our GM actually wanted to make the team better?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Im not dumbfounded at all, as a cleveland Indians fan as well I know all about those owners not spending a dime. But my question was serious all of this money tt doesnt spend, where does it go?

Rodgers, Shields, Clay, and this year Cobb, and Jordy

Think about it, Packers have Rodgers (highest paid q.b) and Clay (highest paid LB) what other team has the highest paid players like that? At the time they were signed, they were the highest paid

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It was day one of free agency. Relax. TT doesn't need to go out and "overpay" to resurrect a fan base that has been losing forever. There are a lot of guys still out there and it's super early. Let the dust settle a little. Who got signed today that guaranteed puts pack in the super bowl? Let's have a little faith.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well in case anybody was worried, the Packers have NO visits scheduled with any free agents at this time. (per Rob Demovsky's tweet at 10:05 PM tonight)

MrE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering the cap space and amount of holes on this team, as well as continually loss of free agents of late / poor recent early drafting .... It is mind boggling that TT could choose not to address some needs in free agency. I think a lot of our players will be resigned, but I see little else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not a genius, but how has this "mediocre team" been one of the best in the league under TT?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Considering the cap space and amount of holes on this team, as well as continually loss of free agents of late / poor recent early drafting .... It is mind boggling that TT could choose not to address some needs in free agency. I think a lot of our players will be resigned, but I see little else.

This is where I have a hard time understanding thinking as this..

What is addressing?

Seeing a need, researching all available players to see if they would fit and assign a dollar amount???

Bringing in a player for a visit?

Contacting the agent?

I say if they research players for that position, assign a dollar amount and try to get that player for that max amount is addressing a need..

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Packers are never mentioned by the talking heads when it comes to free agents.
Their free agents don't even get mentioned.
I doubt that Shields would have been signed by any other team on day 1.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Packers are never mentioned by the talking heads when it comes to free agents.

Are you serious? You can't be serious? Shields is no.14 on the top 100 free agent big board.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not dumbfounded at all, as a cleveland Indians fan as well I know all about those owners not spending a dime. But my question was serious all of this money tt doesnt spend, where does it go?
Thompson gets to keep all the money he doesn't spend. Its in his contract. And, if he wins a Superbowl, he has to pay a fine of $23M. That is why he is so cheap. He screwed up when they actually won the SB and he is in debt up to his earballs.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm serious!
We will never know, but I really doubt it.
None of the Packers are getting any love, including Rodgers when they talk about top QB's.
It's kind of discouraging.

I'm with you there on Rodgers. I've noticed that too. ****** me off and I hope it ****** A-rodge cause he plays great pissed. The fact that other teams aren't paying pack's free agents can work out to be a good thing. Look at what the Seahawks lost today.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Shields would have been signed

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah...this team isn't for you. You may want to latch onto the great vikings or awesome bucs or fantastic bills. They have GMs who try to improve their team every year with big fun FA signings. I think you'll enjoy yourself a lot more there. Packer fans would rather win the division over and over, win a super bowl, go 15-1...that kind of thing. It's actually fun during the season, not so much in the offseason. The bottom of the NFL barrel is always full of teams that "won the offseason", so go ahead and pick one of them. Enjoy.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
After reading his first two posts on this thread I assume Dieseljunkie12 is 12 so we should probably give him a break. Here’s some good news for him: The new CBA requires a minimum amount of spending by each team. :rolleyes:

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Come on dude seriously? You have no idea where the money goes? Just think about that question for a second collect your thoughts and try again.

D

Deleted member 6794

Here’s some good news for him: The new CBA requires a minimum amount of spending by each team. :rolleyes:

It only does over a four year span (2013-2016) and it requires a team to spend 89% in cash of the total amount of the cap during that period. The Packers spent $160 million in cash last year (130% of the cap), so that shouldn´t be a problem for the Packers.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It only does over a four year span (2013-2016) and it requires a team to spend 89% in cash of the total amount of the cap during that period. The Packers spent $160 million in cash last year (130% of the cap), so that shouldn´t be a problem for the Packers.

I'm not calling you wrong, I'm just confused how they could have spent 130% of the cap last year? Can you go into more about that?

OP
OP
D

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah your right I should just move on from the team that ive followed for 20 years good call clown. I am glad you can speak up for each and every packer fan in saying that winning division titles and going 15-1 is awesome. You know whats not awesome is having the best qb in the game and because of our reluctance to actually play physical we get bounced every year after one round of the playoffs. ALL of us packer fans expect more than that. Browns fan look for .500 seasons, jags fans look for more than 4 wins in a season. Us packer fans are bred and told we have what it takes to be a dynasty year after year and it gets old hearing the same excuses game after game

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not calling you wrong, I'm just confused how they could have spent 130% of the cap last year? Can you go into more about that?

I´m talking about CASH spending here. The Packers actually paid $62 million last year to Rodgers and Matthews, including $55.5 million in signing bonuses. These will be prorated over five years though and only accounted for a cap hit of $11.1 million last season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts