1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Snow on my DECK

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by yooperfan, Oct 26, 2006.

1. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got snow on my deck but it is 50 degrees here in Michigans beautiful Upper Peninsula and I was able to cut my grass.
    This is the latest date in the year that I have cut grass. :beersign:

2. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    What the he.......OH....DECK!!!!!!

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484
    I did same thing D.P.

4. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've shoveled my driveway twice already this fall.......not going to again the rest of the winter. :thumbsup: I just let the snow build up and my truck gets higher and higher on that mound of snow. By January I can just get out, walk in the house through the living room window, and don't have to open the door, climb the stairs, etc. :wink:

Our house is built into a hillside on a mountain. Front of house is two stories; back of house one. At the top of our yard I am standing about 8 feet above the roof of the house.

5. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ha Ha Ha.
    That will come in February when the snow in my yard is chest deep. :rotflmao:

6. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Couldn't believe it today. Here in Manitoba was 45 Degrees. I'll enjoy it cause it sure won't be like that next week

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484
    One can either take this as you bragging or take it like me..That your a sick puppy and feel the need to get "it" cold in the snow.. :jumpsmile:

8. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I get that when the snow is up to my knees. :thumbsup:

9. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Here in Colorado we got blasted last night. This morning was beautiful, white, pure, and silent. There is nothing like the silence of a fresh snowfall.

But them people start to wake up. Then the sounds of spinning tires, roaring engines, snow blowers and plowers.

5 AM after a snowfall is the perfect time to stand on the deck and sip on a very hot cup of coffee. It is heavean.

10. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :agree: ....Great way to start the day!

Hey yooperfan, ready for another fun winter in the U.P.?... Ah, fond memories.
    Where anything less than a foot of snow is considered a "dusting" :thumbsup:

11. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone ever be ready for 20+ feet of snow?
    I guarentee you if I didn't have 2 kids still in high school my wife and I would be wintering in Apache Junction Arizona.

12. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We dont have snow, but we have the Santa Anna winds at 75 miles an hour, so on my deck right now or should say patio are patio furniture turned upside down, peoples trash from around the neighborhood is there..but the good thing about these high winds is the temperatures are back in the 80's...

13. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heathie...watch out for those fires. You know we went through that here in late summer. Much too close for comfort.

14. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Montana!!!!!!!!! So far they arent close to us, about an hour from here...a few years back we had one pretty close to us, we had ash everywheres and even seeped in through our house, we had to repaint the inside of our home, I called the insurance company figuring that is why we have home owners insurance and they said we could put in for a claim but then our insurance would go up...what the hec do we have insurance for?? Anyways we are keeping our eye on this fire out here and all is well so far, but you know with the wind we are having here, the fires spread so fast...I will keep you updated...

15. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    It sometimes gets cold up here but we've only had t snow once or twice and it wasn't big.