Snap Out Of It!!!!!!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Ok people, I have been seeing a serious trend on this forum. ok I'm the new guy so maybe this is the way it has always been. There seems to be an incredible amount of negative vibes circulating around here. Why is our defense so bad, why is Clay playing so bad, are the horsey s gonna be a trap game. Geez, you'd think we were in Philadelphia. What part am I not getting?

I could see the negativity if we had lost one or two of our first games. And I realize we are not yet pounding people into the ground and totally dominating but lets look at where we are. We are the Champions, we are 3-0, with the exception of the first half of the Carolina game we have never trailed. Even in the Carolina game we didn't let them score after the first quarter, until the game was in hand.

Cheer up, we are only getting better, sure someone is probably going to beat us at some point but right now live in the moment, bask in the glory, even the Trolls are afraid of us. We just beat the Bears in their house. Lets start talking about KICKING A** AND TAKING NAMES.

GO PACK!!!!!!!!!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Hey we have a hate thread. Realcaliforniacheese, this is how the forum gets during this time of year, we critique and nothing is going to be good enough, we should of drafted this player or sign this player then OMG WE ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!! But watch out every game is going to be a trap game. Especially amongst ourselves with no trolls or anything its our way of keeping conversations. We don't want to get cocky because we don't want to become Steelers fans, something we could easily do if we tried.

Yet on the bright side we don't have any topics on A-Rod slumping since he threw his first interception in how long. Stark's fumble (his first) didn't get its own topic. So its not like we are complaining too much.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I can see where your coming from... especially since your still "head in the clouds high" from your first game at Lambeau, and "Higher yet going to the Ca. game/ epic tailgate party"
and I agree with Powarun... if we didn't have these threads that showed our concerns, and pointed out where we need to improve,...we could easily turn into the forum that "we don't mention by name" here! :speechless:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder. When things are going good, it is easy to pick on little things, just to have something to talk about. I mean, how much conversation can we have just sitting around agreeing on how good this team is? This is a much more positive forum than others I've been on which were all "Fire TT and McCarthy" folks. But maybe since you've been dipping into your booyah juice early, you might pass some around?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
We need to keep bumping up this thread thru out the season too, as a nice reminder!!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was also letting the negativity on here get to me since I also started a thread on the same subject earlier this week.

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/i-just-dont-get-it.29933/#post-387740

I think why it seems like there is more negativity than ever is because we don't have a troll to come in here, tell us how bad we are which then distracts us from pointing out the flaws because we are busy being in defensive mode for the Pack.
With that in mind, I'd rather see complaining coming amongst ourselves instead of a troll because as long as the Pack is winning, it will keep the trolls away.

I do agree with you R double C. There really shouldn't be anything to complain about.
Yes we are 3-0.
In the bigger picture we are 9-0 including last season.

Anyway, folks can complain all they want to. I'm going to try and let it roll off like water off a ducks back.
I'll just avoid those threads and read and respond in the ones that are non objective or positive about my Packers.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
You know what is funny seeing Power Rankings threads on other forums, people seem to put the Bill or Lions ahead of the Pack for s**ts and giggles and people shoot that idea down fast. Its hard being on top, as I saw in something today every team wants to knock us down and be the first to say "We beat the SB champs."

Until they do we can't complain about our losses, and we can only critique our wins till a perfect game happens, whatever that means

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing really wrong with this team is the pass defense, and I guess you can say the whole NFL is like this. I mean, when have you ever heard of Kevin Kolb and Rex Grossman stepping up?

This is a complete team, otherwise. We have two running backs stepping up for each other, an elite quarterback, the best WR corps in the league, a dangerous punt-returner, and a clutch, bend-and-don't-break defense. 3-0. A goose egg on the loss column. Only two other teams can brag about that, the Bills and the Lions. Not much to complain about when we're in this position.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If last year you said we'd have the same record after 3 weeks as the Lions and Bills, the bandwagon would be emptying fast, the vultures would be circling, the trolls would be thick, and the gloom would darken even Kittens outlook. Amazing the difference a year can make, especially when the goose egg is on the right side of the ledger where I hope it remains for quite a while.

Unomee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok people, I have been seeing a serious trend on this forum. ok I'm the new guy so maybe this is the way it has always been. There seems to be an incredible amount of negative vibes circulating around here. Why is our defense so bad, why is Clay playing so bad, are the horsey s gonna be a trap game. Geez, you'd think we were in Philadelphia. What part am I not getting?

I could see the negativity if we had lost one or two of our first games. And I realize we are not yet pounding people into the ground and totally dominating but lets look at where we are. We are the Champions, we are 3-0, with the exception of the first half of the Carolina game we have never trailed. Even in the Carolina game we didn't let them score after the first quarter, until the game was in hand.

Cheer up, we are only getting better, sure someone is probably going to beat us at some point but right now live in the moment, bask in the glory, even the Trolls are afraid of us. We just beat the Bears in their house. Lets start talking about KICKING A** AND TAKING NAMES.

GO PACK!!!!!!!!!

Have to concur, it's early in the season.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
If last year you said we'd have the same record after 3 weeks as the Lions and Bills, the bandwagon would be emptying fast, the vultures would be circling, the trolls would be thick, and the gloom would darken even Kittens outlook. Amazing the difference a year can make, especially when the goose egg is on the right side of the ledger where I hope it remains for quite a while.

Never thought of it like that, tied with the Bills and Lions LOL. Oh and we beat the Bears at home, one of our toughest games of this year. If only there was a monkey on Rodgers back we could complain about. Oh yeah he murdered that darn monkey last year.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
My theory??? I think we all love the game and the Packers and are just looking for something, or anything, to talk about. We like conversing with eachother and sharing ideas and opinions. Some are threads of critique, some of praise. Either way, they're about football. Finding this forum was like winning the lottery for me because now I can read about and/or write about football every day of the year. Love it!!!!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what is funny seeing Power Rankings threads on other forums, people seem to put the Bill or Lions ahead of the Pack for s**ts and giggles and people shoot that idea down fast. Its hard being on top, as I saw in something today every team wants to knock us down and be the first to say "We beat the SB champs."
While I understand why some may feel that way, I disagree with it.
The Bills beat the Pats. And those un-Packers fans soon forget the Packers beat the Saints.
As for the Lions, they are our toughest competition right now. If it was Bears or Vikes they'd be rooting for them instead.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score

Until they do we can't complain about our losses, and we can only critique our wins till a perfect game happens, whatever that means

I think it's just an instinct to root for the underdog. In recent years, many of us were rooting for the Lions, and Bills because of their crappy records. So its understandable why the Packers are not on non-Packer-lovin' folks' top choice for victory. I for one have been rooting against the Colts and Patriots for several years because they were repeat winners. We are the new Patriots. We are the team to beat because WE ARE THE BEST!!!

Members online

Latest posts