Smith Brothers...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look I loved the action in Free Agency we did, and man did it play out in a BIG way last year...however nearly halfway through this season WTH????

Preston Smith
2019 Season - Playing on 84% of the snaps had 12 Sacks - 56 Tackles (36 solo)
2020 Presently - Playing on 83.4% of the snaps has .5 sacks - 15 tackles (11 solo)
2020 "rough" Projection - 2 Sacks and 34 Tackles....

Za'Darius Smith
2019 Season - Playing on 84.3% of snaps had 13.5 Sacks - 55 Tackles (41 solo)
2020 Season - Playing on 85.5% of snaps has 6 Sacks - 26 Tackles (17 solo)
2020 "rough" projection - 12.5 Sacks and 55 Tackles

Honestly, Z is having a very similar year.....but Preston what in the world? The tackles concern me more than the sacks honestly.....do we know if he is healthy?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Preston has been straight up bad.

I think he is playing himself into a requested restructure or cut. It is a sizable dead hit of like $8M but seriously...we cannot have a guy making what he is not doing more.

Z isn't touchable till after 2021 no matter how bad he plays....which in all honesty isn't the case anyways presently.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if this continues, he's going to be straight up cut and rightly so. I'm not impressed with the effort of many of these guys this year. There is zero reason to give him more money in a restructure for this level of play.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both Smith’s have regressed, Preston a lot more.

The CB’s have played very well. The Safeties have regressed. The ILB’s are pretty similar. The iDL has been worse.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both Smith’s have regressed, Preston a lot more.

The CB’s have played very well. The Safeties have regressed. The ILB’s are pretty similar. The iDL has been worse.

Sorry I disagree with the ILB regressing similar to the safeties. I think this year we at worst are just as good, BUT the future looks awesome there.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry I disagree with the ILB regressing similar to the safeties. I think this year we at worst are just as good, BUT the future looks awesome there.

Should have clarified that further. I think the ILB play is similar to last year. I think the safety play is worse than last year.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup Amos is another one underplaying his contract I believe.
I’m not sure I agree with that... I’d have to carefully review game tape... which I don’t care enough to do, but it seems to me that Amos is one of the few actually making plays out there.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not sure I agree with that... I’d have to carefully review game tape... which I don’t care enough to do, but it seems to me that Amos is one of the few actually making plays out there.

Its a fair statement you're making. He has I'd say averaged one notable or big play a game...I however have seen some issues on the backside from him more than I did last year IMO.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jaylon Smith released by Dallas!! Add him to our Smith Bros. LB corps? Dallas is already paying him $7.2Mil this year so wouldn't cost too much.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jaylon Smith released by Dallas!! Add him to our Smith Bros. LB corps? Dallas is already paying him $7.2Mil this year so wouldn't cost too much.
Who knows. He might still want a big contract in addition to what he is getting. I guess it is worth looking into though. He may be willing to sign for minimum if its for a team he really wants to play for.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts