SMH! Superbowl Bound?? I don't think so

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After sleeping on it, I think the problem (with me) is mostly that I grew up when the phrase "that's why they play the game" didn't apply to Packer home playoff contests - nobody beat them. Additionally, their road record for that stretch was really bad (4-10?), so anyone clamoring for HFA had an ironclad argument. Since the bubble burst with Atlanta's win, they're 4-5 at home and 3-4 on the road in the playoffs, so it just doesn't seem as crucial to me as it does to others. Again, I'd agree that it's preferable to have HFA, but it's just not the magic bullet for the Pack that it once was.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After sleeping on it, I think the problem (with me) is mostly that I grew up when the phrase "that's why they play the game" didn't apply to Packer home playoff contests - nobody beat them. Additionally, their road record for that stretch was really bad (4-10?), so anyone clamoring for HFA had an ironclad argument. Since the bubble burst with Atlanta's win, they're 4-5 at home and 3-4 on the road in the playoffs, so it just doesn't seem as crucial to me as it does to others. Again, I'd agree that it's preferable to have HFA, but it's just not the magic bullet for the Pack that it once was.

Very understandable point of view. However, things change all the time and the notion that the current version of the Pack can go on the road to win a big game (playoff or otherwise) and would not be far better off at home has taken a hit the last several years.

I tend to focus on recent past performance as a predictor of future performance, and the Pack has won 12 straight at home (including impressive wins over the Super Bowl champion Patriots and the nemesis Seahawks).

Meanwhile, they are 6-6 in their last 12 road games and have often not put up much of a fight in those losses (Seattle -- game 1 last year, Detroit [offensively], New Orleans [defensively], and of course Denver last week).

For whatever reason, the Pack is just a different team at home and on the road of late. Let's hope they begin turning things around on the road later today.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2010 and 2011 we had positive average scoring margins in road games. It has been a negative margin the last 3 years. Even with the debacle last week, we have a positive 1.0 point scoring margin on the road this season, compared to a home scoring margin of 10.2 points. If we show up to play today, it will continue to improve. Carolina, BTW, has a greater scoring margin on the road than at home this season. Interesting.

Lex Luger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep drinking the ted thompson kool aid. Nothing to worry about,we have a top 3 offensive line. Eat your crow and ADMIT this team is going nowhere and do something more constructive on your sundays. IN TED WE TRUST will result in exactly 1 superbowl appearance.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If GB keeps playing this way, we're looking at 6 games lost easily. We would be in the wildcard race with SEA/Atl. Just saying we need to change something.

Lost by one score with 1st and goal to tie. The opponent was 7-0 and at home.

That does not equal 6 loses easy to lesser teams, especially since we are on a long home winning streak.

Fadam1137

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, they got it together at the end but need to be more consistent. I'm not sold on car being as good as their record shows, that's why to me it's a really disappointing loss. They're not bad but I think teams like Min and AZ are better. Once romo is back Dal will be a contender again. Oakland can pass really well too. 6 losses are possible if the D keeps letting up.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, they got it together at the end but need to be more consistent. I'm not sold on car being as good as their record shows, that's why to me it's a really disappointing loss. They're not bad but I think teams like Min and AZ are better. Once romo is back Dal will be a contender again. Oakland can pass really well too. 6 losses are possible if the D keeps letting up.

I smell a troll with you.

But anyway, explain how Dallas will be a "contender" again? If they lose their next two games, they are 2-7 and its extremely possible that Dallas does lose their next two games. Do you think they'll win out when Romo returns or something? lol. You're smoking some good stuff if you think that is the case. Expect 2-3 more losses on top of their loss total when Romo returns too. Dallas is honestly looking at a 5-11 season....6-10 at best. Contender? Yeah, ooookay.

Fadam1137

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I smell a troll with you.

But anyway, explain how Dallas will be a "contender" again? If they lose their next two games, they are 2-7 and its extremely possible that Dallas does lose their next two games. Do you think they'll win out when Romo returns or something? lol. You're smoking some good stuff if you think that is the case. Expect 2-3 more losses on top of their loss total when Romo returns too. Dallas is honestly looking at a 5-11 season....6-10 at best. Contender? Yeah, ooookay.
Troll? Reall? Or realist that understands football. I'm not saying dal will contend for a playoff spot but still be a contender as in good football team. We're allGB fans and hope for the best but if you're in denial about our issues as a team, you're a fool

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Troll? Reall? Or realist that understands football. I'm not saying dal will contend for a playoff spot but still be a contender as in good football team. We're allGB fans and hope for the best but if you're in denial about our issues as a team, you're a fool

A realist should know we are better than an 8-8 team who might finish 2-7 to end the year.

We have Detroit twice and Chicago in 3 of the next 4. That's 3 wins within the next month.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes, a troll. You signed up on this forum very recently. Its a coincidence that its when we are in a funk and you're here spitting negatives as your first posts?

Non-fans of a team like you will do this with team forums to stir the pot.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Okay guys, enough with the name calling. There`s been enough of that around tonight thanks.

Fadam1137

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been on this for a couple years just never signed up to post. I'm on here wanting to talk football and issues of our team. Would you prefer, me to say we're the best no one can beat us. Might as well give us the Lombardi trophy today?

Fadam1137

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A realist should know we are better than an 8-8 team who might finish 2-7 to end the year.

We have Detroit twice and Chicago in 3 of the next 4. That's 3 wins within the next month.
I said 6 loss not 8

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been on this for a couple years just never signed up to post. I'm on here wanting to talk football and issues of our team. Would you prefer, me to say we're the best no one can beat us. Might as well give us the Lombardi trophy today?

Always remember, he who stirs the crap pot should lick the spoon.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not necessarily when it counts. Using the last four years that you reference, they're .500 in the playoffs at home. And, unless what you mean is that wouldn't have been close against the Seahawks at Lambeau, it's certainly open to question whether the debacle at the end would or wouldn't still have occurred.

Until they show otherwise, I'll continue to believe that the Pack is a MUCH better team at Lambeau than on the road and that they will struggle to beat good team's away from Green Bay. Today's contest did nothing to persuade me otherwise.

Sky King

Reaction score
Not a plan, but winning all the home games and splitting the away games puts them at 12-4. That should get just about any team into the playoffs. After that, the crap shoot begins. I just wish that I could be more confident that this team will make it to the playoffs, let alone to go deep in the postseason.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts