1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Small update on the Packers FA front

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by RainX, Mar 8, 2008.

1. RainX

RainX Cheesehead

Apr 8, 2007

Trent Green out; Tab Perry to visit
    By Greg A. Bedard
    Friday, Mar 7 2008, 11:33 PM
    Green Bay - Here's the latest on the free agent front:

- Trent Green won't be coming to be Aaron Rodgers' backup. Green is ready to sign with a team but the Packers aren't quite settled on which direction they want to go;
    - Former Bengals WR Tab Perry will be visiting on Tuesday;
    - DE Corey Smith is still taking his visits;
    - LB Brandon Chillar, apparently, is still weighing his options.

Yeah, not exactly a blistering hot stove, but that's what is going on heading into the weekend.
  2. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Aug 10, 2006
    I just want a guy who can win/manage if Aaron got hurt.

This is potentially a championship team.
  3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Jun 5, 2005
    Chillar said when he was interviewed that he'd sign with the team that gave him the most money, he just wanted to be financially secure.

WR Tab Perry is interesting, we already have a great WR group, so I'm a bit surprised the Packers would target a WR FA. But in one sense it's a positive move since it shows the Packers are not willing to be content with what they have, and are looking to improve where ever they can.
  4. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Oct 11, 2006
    I believe they want Tab to be a Special Teams guy.