Sleepers

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
People argue about what a "sleeper" really is. Some people think a 1st round prospect is a "sleeper" if people aren't higher on them, while on the opposite extreme people will contend that a prospect isn't a sleeper unless they played D-III and have an unpronounceable name.

I'm not really interested in the semantics. These are just prospects who I think stand a chance to be starters or significant role players, but who are rarely mentioned.
  • Jalen Camp, WR, Ga. Tech: GTU's triple option specializes in creating unnoticed WR's. Camp only produced 29/429/4 in 2020, but that's a lot of production for that team! It accounted for 21% of their yards through the air on the season. Camp is 6'2" 226, ran a 4.48, jumped 39.5 and 125 inches, and even had decent numbers in the agilities (4.14 and 7.00). He's obviously spent a ton of time run blocking.
  • Dez Fitzpatrick, WR, Louisville: Fitzpatrick broke out as a teenage in the ACC in a big way-- 45/699/9 with Lamar Jackson in 2017. His production didn't progress from there, largely due to QB play. He's well rounded in terms of size and athleticism, and advanced in the nuances of the position. I could see him being a reliable #2 WR option in an offense.
  • Jack Stoll, TE, Nebraska: Stoll was coming on (by college TE standards) in 2018 and '19 as a complementary piece of the passing game, but he fell off in 2020 while playing through a knee injury. He has plus athletic tools to develop in the passing game, and the strength/nasty in the running game to earn a job while he grows.
  • Offensive Tackles: I want to highlight three tackles that are little discussed who have the size, length, and athleticism to potentially grow into starting tackles in the league. The first, and best of the three, is Jaylon Moore (Western Michigan). The other two are Texas AM teammates: Dan Moore Jr. and Carson Green.
  • Zech McPhearson, CB, Texas Tech: McPhearson is a Penn State transfer and a little on the old side, but he has all the tools you'd want to develop, is willing to play physically, and managed 4 INT and 6 PBU in 2020.
  • Darrick Forrest, S, Cincinnati: You don't hear much in general about this safety class after the first few guys, but Forrest profiles as a guy who could be a starter in time. He checks all the boxes in terms of size, athletic tools, experience, and production.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Nice post! I have a couple guys I would like to add to this "sleeper" list we don't hear a lot about.

WR Josh Palmer Tennessee Palmer was on a team with a lot of bad QB play, so never really filled the stat sheet. He was very impressive at the senior bowl, showed great hands, crisp routes, and adjusted well to the ball. I watched an interview where he stated that he likes blocking downfield. (Something our receivers love to do) I like his size at 6'1" 210, and Josh has a RAS just under the threshold of 8.0 that Gute likes (7.60) I see him as a possible 3rd or 4th rd selection, who has a lot of potential to be a #2 receiver and possibly even a #1 later in his career.

DL Jaylen Twyman Pitt Twyman opted out of 2020 season, but in 2019 he had 12 TFL's and 10.5 sacks gaining all 1st team All-ACC honors. He doesn't have a high RAS score coming in at 4.42, but he is powerful, 40 reps at 225lb, and had a 32.5 in vertical at over 300 lbs. He had a slow 40 time, but his initial quickness is nice with a 10 yd split of 1.74. He also is short in height at 6'1.5", so this effected his overall RAS score.

TE Luke Farrell Ohio St I don't see TE as a major need in this draft,(Tonyan, Lewis, Deguara, Sternberger, and Daffney) and maybe that's why it's not talked a lot about TE in Green Bay conversations this year. But we all know how much that position is coveted by this staff. Farrell isn't a big downfield threat, but has nice hands, and his best attribute is he's a blocking TE first and foremost. Farrell has nice size at 6'6" 250 and would be a nice piece to groom for the role Marcedes Lewis plays on the team, which is something our TE core doesn't really doesn't have at the moment. Farrell's RAS is in the sweet zone for the Packers at 8.63 and at 6'6" with a vertical of 36.5", he can be a great red zone target.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Few of mine already highlighted - of them I'm very high as well on what Jaylon Moore may turn into at OT. Dez Fitzpatrick not only fits a need, but the criteria of what GB typically likes at WR...where he goes seems very tough to gauge. Twyman was a guy everyone knows I liked from before college football was even done and real projections started.

Few I'd mention that some would peg as a sleeper...

CB Chris Wilcox BYU - Somewhat quietly put forth excellent senior campaign after a 2019 season was taken from him. He is fast (4.39) and an excellent form tackler (rarity at this position). In 2020 many state he did not have a single credited missed tackle - THAT IS INCREDIBLE. Little refined polish on this guy at the next level and I truly think he could be special.

TEs - Two late round guys intrigue me as prospects to take over that Lewis Y role in the future. Tony Poljan (Virginia) and Cary Angeline (NC State) both have massive frames - above average hands and a wilingness to block. Both would be projects, but projects well worth a late round investment on IMO.

LB Nick Niemann IOWA - All this guy has done is produce in his time at Iowa. Excellent tackler, agility measurables for days and is swifter than most LBs out there. Overlooked and oft forgotten by many, look for this most likely Day 3 LB to find a role on ANY team that drafts him.

DT Jared Goldwire Louisville - Here's a name many don't talk about for defensive line help (myself included even). Goldwire has been solid every year for Louisville, but turned it on in 2020 with 5 tackles for loss alone, 4 passes defensed (not many guys have this nack). His RAS is 8.5 so he also fits GB's tendencies. His frame to me could go either way at 6'5' and weighing in at a thinner 293 at his pro day after being listed no less than 305lbs past few years - promising Day 3 help could be found here.

WR Jimmie Robinson Bethune-Cookman - Here's a small YAC type guy for that sweep/jet motion/returner spot on the roster that we just don't have presently....this would be Day 3 or UDFA priority watch sleeper. This dude is an athletic FREAK. He is essentially the same size as Rondale Moore and his 40yd time is only .07 slower (4.39), jumps 40.5 vs Rondale's 42.5...but has a unconfirmed quicker acceleration in first 10 yards. With return skills in the past and a consistently solid receiver at BC....it may seem like he should be on more radars...but add to his dimunitive size the fact he couldn't play 2020 (BC had no games actually happen), and is now 24 years old having nearly left football prior to Bethune Cookman (once was at Mercer). With Green Bay confirmed interest in guys like Rondale and Elijah Moore - don't be shocked should the chips fall and we enter Day 3 with both the Moores elsewhere, Jaelon Darden gone as well that Jimmie Robinson doesn't get a late round flyer and a chance.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I mentioned Twyman as a sleeper above. Like tyni mentioned above, he is a pretty well know player because of his production in 2019. However, I listed him as a sleeper due to his opt out of 2020. With the production he and Paulson Adebo had before opting out has me intrigued where they will go. Adebo would most likely be a 1st rd lock this year, and I'm not hearing any talk like that. Twyman with another monster year to follow 2019 could be in 1st or 2nd rd talk... I see more 4th-6th. I wonder how much opting out will change the view of GM's on their commitment to football and if this drops them or not

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mentioned Twyman as a sleeper above. Like tyni mentioned above, he is a pretty well know player because of his production in 2019. However, I listed him as a sleeper due to his opt out of 2020. With the production he and Paulson Adebo had before opting out has me intrigued where they will go. Adebo would most likely be a 1st rd lock this year, and I'm not hearing any talk like that. Twyman with another monster year to follow 2019 could be in 1st or 2nd rd talk... I see more 4th-6th. I wonder how much opting out will change the view of GM's on their commitment to football and if this drops them or not

Some hate my love for Adebo, I have pegged him with our 2nd rounder often and honestly believe he may prove to be a steal there!

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Some hate my love for Adebo, I have pegged him with our 2nd rounder often and honestly believe he may prove to be a steal there!

I really like Adebo,as a 2nd rd option, also. I think he is a great backup plan if we don't go CB in Rd 1. I just hope he is still available at the end of the rd. I can see 2 CB's and a safety in this draft. Barry said in his opening press conference you can never have enough guys who can play in the slot, whether it be a corner or a safety.

Last edited:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Chauncey Golston, Edge

Wyatt Hubert, Edge

Bobby Brown, iDl

Buddy Johnson, LB

Shakur Brown, CB

Caden Sterns, S

Drew Dalman, C

Kylen Granson, TE

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Similar to my post on Favorite Players. I'd like to think they're "sleepers."
Austin Watkins - WR
  • The more I watch of Watkins the more he reminds me of Gabe Davis. Big possession WR. Good route running, decent speed. Catches everything. I think WR can be overanalyzed sometimes.

Cade Johnson - WR
  • Does it all. Good route runner. smaller WR. Again, catches everything thrown to him.

Tony Fields II - LB
  • Reminds me of Matt Milano but has experience in the middle. Ability to take in plays and line everyone up.

Cam McGrone - LB
Ar'Darius Washington - S
Kenneth Gainwell - RB

Jake Funk - RB
  • Ya he's a white RB soo what. Funk was a super FUN prospect to watch. Explosive athlete with ability to catch the ball from the backfield. Showed good route running ability + good pass blocking. If Funk shows return ability (he did field some in college) he has a chance to stick on a team. The red flag on him is his injury history. Broken wrist in junior year, and tore the same ACL twice. Late round + UDFA.

Members online

Latest posts