Skip The Playoffs And SB - 2017 NFL Season Tops 1987 Strike Season As Worst Quality NFL Season Ever

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I will say now that the season is over and the changes we'd hoped for at the end of last year have come this year, certainly there's a lot to look forward to next season, including another Rodgers vs Brady matchup if Brady doesn't retire, one that it's been a damn shame the NFL hasn't seen more of. But as to the rest of this NFL season, I think I'm gonna shutdown football early right after the Georgia Bama national championship this year. That playoff game between UGA and OU was probably the best football game of any league that I've seen all year, and hopefully the national championship game will be a good one too. But as far as the NFL playoffs go, I would go on record as saying I have not felt a level of disinterest in them that's this high ever.

No, it's not simply because the Packers aren't in them. I've seen many playoffs in my day that the Packers didn't make and yet still got intrigued by the matchups that were coming. But this year in the NFL, the games have set a pace for being at a record level of just outright bad. Very terrible QB play all around, injuries, inept turnovers, this year has officially surpassed 1987 in how bad football has been. I mean, those replacement players that year made the games more exciting than this year. Plus, on top of that, Minneapolis is just a bad city to host the Superbowl at regardless of the Vikings in it or not. Pretty much that 6-0 awful game between the Cowboys and the Eagles this Sunday summed up in a nutshell how bad the season has been in terms of games this year. Every single NFL game this season has looked just like that one.

So ... #Screwtheplayoffs and may Rodgers return bring back some good football to this league next season, or may Roger Goodell get fired and the CBA ripped up.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I never really follow other teams or other games, especially once the Packers have been eliminated. It was only a "dismal" season for me when Rodgers got hurt and it became apparent pretty fast, that the Packers were no longer that good of a team.

However, I would guess there are at least 12 fan bases, that are pretty excited about what this season has brought and what is still in store.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never really follow other teams or other games, especially once the Packers have been eliminated. It was only a "dismal" season for me when Rodgers got hurt and it became apparent pretty fast, that the Packers were no longer that good of a team.

However, I would guess there are at least 12 fan bases, that are pretty excited about what this season has brought and what is still in store.

Well, depends cuz the Jags and Bills fans are never in real high numbers. Now sure, the shakeup with a few 1999 teams returning to the playoffs in the Rams, Bills, Titans and Jags does add a bit of a twist. But even so, for the usual neutral fans of the other 20 teams who still watch for the excitement, my guess is that this season the interest from those fan bases is going to be very low coming into this postseason. I do not see the quality of the product improving at all in the playoffs, and ... this year just feels like a good year to skip out on the SB especially because I'm not interested in seeing Justin Timberlake perform. Sick of these latest halftime shows.

H

HardRightEdge

I don’t know about worst since 1987 but good, clean, competitive games have been hard to come by.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No it's worse than 1987. The incompetence of certain teams and players specifically on offense is worse than those replacement players.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts