Skip Bayless

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bayless is a big Brady supporter. Today he was arguing that Belichick was responsible for losing the Super Bowls against the Giants because his defense gave up 21 and 17 points. Said they should have won because the 17 and 14 points Brady got them should have been enough to win. This was so laughable I had to post it.

Meanwhile, he pins Rodgers playoff record solely on him, even though the Packers defense was giving up something like 40 a game (or whatever it was).

Thought I would make a thread for when he says something especially stupid (could be a long thread).

Yes, yes, no one should watch his show, etc, etc.

Reaction score
I like the idea of a "stupid sh*t media people say about us" thread. Expect a large Skip Bayless sundae with Cowherd drizzle, greg jennings sprinkles and a Bucky Brooks cherry on top.

Reaction score
Also I feel like Cowherd has been better as of late. But Skip has gone 100% off the deep end for the packer hate this year. With them always smacking the cowboys in the mouth I could have seen it coming.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skip Bayless is like McDonalds. He's made sports media more entertaining, but he's made it worse. McDonalds changed food. It's addicting to many like Skip, but their food is bad quality and overall worse for you. He's changed sports TV single handily by trolling people.

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skip and colen cowterd are one in the same. They hate to give packers especially arod credit.
Nope, Bayless is 1000% worse. Cowterd, er Cowherd, actually talks Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers up quite a bit, depending on when you listen to him. He blows back and forth like the wind. Bayless, on the other hand, pretty much always acts like a *******.

I think Cowherd currently has the Packers ranked #4, behind the Patriots, Saints, and 49ers. He was also one of the few predicting GB to win the NFC North before the season started. He was pretty critical of them last year, but let's face it, they weren't very good last year.

Last edited:

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skip Bayless's takes are nonsense, but the combination of him and Shannon makes for some quality tv. Undisputed is definitely my favourite football show.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Skip and colen cowterd are one in the same. They hate to give packers especially arod credit.

Why does everybody get so butt hurt over his opinion over the Packers and AR ? Is his opinion THAT important ?
He doesn`t like us, so what ? I`m certainly not losing any sleep over it. AND in fairness, we haven`t exactly set the league on fire these last few years. As a good friend of mine on here says, opinions are like ********...everybody has one.

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does everybody get so butt hurt over his opinion over the Packers and AR ? Is his opinion THAT important ?
Yeah, I mean these guys aren't Wisconsin natives who are being paid to talk up the Packers. You can't expect them to universally praise them. These sports shows are like candy, anyway, every show is very disposable.

Skip is ridiculously biased against the Packers (not surprising since he's a Cowboy fan). Cowterd, er Cowherd seems to have issues with Rodgers personality, but he will give credit to the Packers when it's due. And last year, it wasn't due very often.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
We must be nearing the end of the Season, Skip is at it again!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We must be nearing the end of the Season, Skip is at it again!
I'm sure that was probably filmed just for entertainment and for TV. But it still makes him look like a fair weather fan. I'm also sure it won't stop them from talking about the Cowboys for 1 1/2 hours out of their 2 1/2 hour sports show, just like they do everyday. In fact, most sports show spend an inordinate amount of time talking about the Cowboys.

Greg Burzynski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Living in Texas, I hear enough of the paper champions!!

They are all just paid loud mouths!!

Skip lived on and harped on the #1 offense and the QBR rating of Dak. But,, remind me,, where did all of that get the cowboys this season??, oh that's right,, extra time with their families by cleaning their lockers out early!!!

Any time that I can see Bayless lose it,, it makes me smile.

Another pundit that gets on my nerves is Orlovsky,, what a tool.

But in the end,, I ( we) need to remember they get paid to incite a reaction.
When did the Sims kid become such an expert,,, Gag

sua sponte

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skip lived on and harped on the #1 offense and the QBR rating of Dak.
Skip again was threatening to renounce his Cowboy fandom again today, as if he hadn't done it last week, and the week before. The dude is not exactly a shining example of fan loyalty, the Cowboys can have him. And if I hear the word QBR again, I'm going to puke.

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I gather, Skip isn't too excited about McCarthy being the Cowboys coach. He says McCarthy has zero personality, just wants to pass the ball all the time, and ignores the defense. We know Bayless hates Rodgers, so McCarthy is probably too associated with him.

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I think MM would have been better off taking on a job where the fans had less expectations right away
I was thinking about that. Anything less than a Super Bowl win is going to be viewed as a failure. On the other hand, it's about as high profile a job as you can get in football. Since they talk about the Cowboys about 2 1/2 hours every day on Undisputed, I'm guessing Skip's going to be ragging on McCarthy a whole lot in the coming years. The criticism he heard in Green Bay is going to pale in comparison.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised Skip hasn't lost his mind because of this.

Anyway I just never pictured MM going there because I didn't see him as a kiss Jerry Jones ring kinda guy, and after he got pegged for feuding with Rodgers, one wonders how he might mesh with Dak.

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyway I just never pictured MM going there because I didn't see him as a kiss Jerry Jones ring kinda guy, and after he got pegged for feuding with Rodgers, one wonders how he might mesh with Dak.
McCarthy signed a five year contract, he was with Rodgers longer than that before the supposed problems reared their head. Besides, Rodgers seems like a more headstrong type, Dak is more diplomatic, always says the right things at press conferences, doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would buck the system.

Cowherd had an interesting take on McCarthy today, talking about the contrast between Green Bay with no owner and Ted Thompson not wanting to use free agency much, to Jones who is involved and willing to pay for whatever the team needs. He doesn't have Rodgers or Favre to rely on, but I doubt if he's going to have to deal with the kind of famine he had in his last years in Green Bay either.

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skip is a national treasure. Cherish him
Lol.

I'll say this for Skip though, he's in great shape for 68. I remember one scene where Shannon passed him a Snickers bar across the table and said here, take this, you're not yourself. And Skip, his voice dripping with derision, said "I don't eat Snickers", like "I don't put that trash in my body". And I thought well, there goes any chance of Snickers sponsoring Undisputed.

They should just rename that show The Cowboys News Show though, with a little bit of basketball thrown in.

Members online

Latest posts