Skip Bayless

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...is having a meltdown. Here are some of his tweets since the game ended. These are all within the last 41 minutes.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Absolute robbery. He was just trying to slam the ball across the goal line.

That's it. Crime of the Century.

Now that lucky Rodgers has the refs and the NFL gods on his side.

I just might have to throw up.

Dez Bryant not only caught the ball and made a football play, he came very close to slamming the ball on the goal line for a TD. ROBBERY!

That was a CATCH.

Howie Long gets it. Dez was EXTENDING FOR THE GOAL LINE.

The Seahawks are probably resting a little easier knowing they don't have to deal with the Cowboys again up there.

What a throw Romo made to Dez.

More I look at it, looks like Dez DID slam the ball on the front edge of the goal line.

Congrats, Packer fans. You just benefitted from one of the worst replay decisions in NFL playoff history, right there with the Tuck Rule.

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless

Last edited:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Skippy needs to let it go. Last week he said One call doesnt make a game. He should stick to his words.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bayless is like the bearded lady in the circus. He thinks people are coming out for her looks when it's the freak show they're interested in.

Sky King

Reaction score
Bayless is just so ludicrous at times that you just cannot take him too seriously. His writing is nothing special so he opts for controversy in lieu of substance and form. It keeps a roof over his head food on the table. It's a living.

What really amused me was that you did not see one smile on the faces of the post game studio team on FOX. You would think that somebody had died with all the long faces behind the desk. Same with the female anchor on the NFL channel. They could not hide their disappointment.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uncle Jerry will turn those frowns upside down when he invites them all to his party bus...suite...house...stadium for the national championship tomorrow......

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bayless is just so ludicrous at times that you just cannot take him too seriously. His writing is nothing special so he opts for controversy in lieu of substance and form. It keeps a roof over his head food on the table. It's a living.

What really amused me was that you did not see one smile on the faces of the post game studio team on FOX. You would think that somebody had died with all the long faces behind the desk. Same with the female anchor on the NFL channel. They could not hide their disappointment.

I think both Stephen A. Smith and Bayless are uninformed sometimes. But Smith at least tries to be objective. Bayless is incapable of any objectivity.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score

Only people on Fox that picked us to win was Howie and Riggle. Everyone else Pick the Boys although Jimmy Johnston would always pick the Boys over us...

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uncle Jerry will turn those frowns upside down when he invites them all to his party bus...suite...house...stadium for the national championship tomorrow......
I know who is not invited this time on the Jerry Jones Party Bus - Dean Blandino the head of NFL officiating.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I can't help enjoying the Cowboys getting the raw end of a controversial call.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-on-cowboys-party-bus-irate-nfl-execs-say-yes

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's still going strong tonight! I've been reading and listening to some people, and I heard someone say that they know the rule says it isn't a catch, but they think it was a catch anyway. That makes zero sense. So, you agree that it was the correct call, but think they should just ignore it because you don't agree with it?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Those tweets show just how "not objective" this guy is and to say things like that about Rodgers is ridiculous and for someone that is representing ESPN his comments are a little "out of bounds".

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing controversial about Bryant's dropped pass, its in the rulebook.
I agree that it was the correct call, but you cannot argue that it was not controversial. The correctness has not diminished the controversy that will continue for some time. I hope we get another one next week for the whole fail Mary fiasco.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I wonder how Bayless feels today about "that rookie" that toasted his cowboys today. lol

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its really funny that people get sucked into skip bayless. They hate him so much they talk about him 24/7 and continue to promote him.

If you hate what he says then stop listening to him and stop talking about him.

I stopped liking what espn put out as a product (excluding a handful of things like 30 for 30 nfl live and that breakdown show sunday mornings at 6 am) so I stopped watching. I would feel pretty ridiculous if I kept watching and kept complaining. Its like hating everything about a restaurant and you keep going back.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think its really funny that people get sucked into skip bayless. They hate him so much they talk about him 24/7 and continue to promote him.

If you hate what he says then stop listening to him and stop talking about him.

I stopped liking what espn put out as a product (excluding a handful of things like 30 for 30 nfl live and that breakdown show sunday mornings at 6 am) so I stopped watching. I would feel pretty ridiculous if I kept watching and kept complaining. Its like hating everything about a restaurant and you keep going back.

I agree. I don't watch Bayless. My wife sent this to me and I thought it was funny. There just happened to be a Skip Bayless post up today. I would never promote Skip Bayless. I believe him to be an imposter.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What did you expect them to be doing, celebrating?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that it was the correct call, but you cannot argue that it was not controversial. The correctness has not diminished the controversy that will continue for some time. I hope we get another one next week for the whole fail Mary fiasco.
Where is the controversy? The pass was incomplete. The ref overturned it. Simple.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah he gets paid to say ridiculous things - it drives up the ratings. He can't actually believe most of the crap he says. ESPN pays both him and SAS to argue all the time just to drive up the ratings. It wouldn't be an interesting show if they agreed all the time. So instead they disagree on every single thing - it's just not possible for 2 people to disagree on EVERYTHING like they do. It's all an act.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's still going strong tonight! I've been reading and listening to some people, and I heard someone say that they know the rule says it isn't a catch, but they think it was a catch anyway. That makes zero sense. So, you agree that it was the correct call, but think they should just ignore it because you don't agree with it?

Agree it was correct call, but the rule is bad. To me, he caught that ball, but a bad rule makes it not an official catch.

Despite the rule, in no way should they ignore the rule in the game though.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree it was correct call, but the rule is bad. To me, he caught that ball, but a bad rule makes it not an official catch.
The NFL is already inundated with way too many gray areas as it is. Any rule that takes subjectivity away from officiating is good for the game. This is a clear black and white rule and whether there are some who like it or not, it leaves no room for argument as to the accuracy of the call. And yes, I would still be saying that if that was Nelson who dropped the ball.

searmh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the show and skip tbh. He is a Dallas fan first so not objective at all but who cares he is a fan and entertaining. The challenge was correct if against us I'd be shouting and screaming conspiracy especially after last week's game.

Members online

Latest posts