Skewed Results?

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Training Camp Notebook: Like A Fine Wine ...

by Jeff Fedotin, Packers.com
posted 08/18/2005

Favre Watch
Donald Driver likely will have a bruise after trying to haul in a Brett Favre pass with his chest instead of his hands on Thursday morning.

"He tried to kill me," he said. "I was trying to figure out how to catch it."

Favre's 9-of-10, 91-yard passing performance against the San Diego Chargers may have been the sign of things to come. He has looked crisp during training camp -- even by his Pro Bowl standards.

"He's been very sharp -- great decision making, accuracy, arm, everything," Sherman said.

Favre shredded the defense during 7-on-7 and 9-on-7 drills. He hit Robert Ferguson, Javon Walker and Ben Steele for touchdowns. The Walker pass traveled 40 yards while Favre placed the ball between linebacker Hannibal Navies and safety Earl Little to reach Steele.

"He's not afraid to rifle it in there - that's for sure," Steele said. "He fired one in there the other day that I kind of caught on the side of his helmet. He put it on me pretty quick."

An observer can tell Favre's increasing age by the number of grey hairs on his head but not by his passes, which whip off his hands like they did 10 years ago.

"He's been tremendous," Driver said. "He's been throwing some great balls."

I'm glad to see BF looking so good and as potent as he ever has been. This article definitely praises BF. This article also gets you thinking. Is the Pass D he's going against posing any difficulties? I know we've been reading the improvements on Collins, Carrol, and Hawkins, but...it makes you wonder. I'd love to hear the defensive grade the offense would give currently, especially from Favre since he had to practice against the Packs D from the SB days. Hopefully this is just due to the fact that BF is the stud he is and is performing at his best yet, regardless of who he's going against.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had the same thought cali, especially with Harris and Roman missing a lot of time due to injuries, Chris Johnson back from a two-year injury, and Jason Horton only a few months removed from a serious illness. At this point we just can't tell if it's a case of the receivers playing great or the D-backs playing poorly. That's the frustrating thing about training camp. But by the end of the preseason, we should have some idea how our D-backs are going to match up against other teams. And even if they get off to a slow start, there will be reason for hope because they are young and some of them appear to have plenty of raw talent.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The glass is always half full - until proven otherwise, right?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts