1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, Aug 19, 2008.

1. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Feb 27, 2006
    Haaaaa!!! Got your attention, didn't I? Not what you think folks. :devil: We have some friends visiting us from Woonsocket, Rhode Island and they are still in shock at the distances between places in Montana and the size and height of the mountains.
    They were blown away that it took them 12 hours of driving to get across Montana from Wibaux to Missoula, then about had heart attacks when they got here and forest fires are once again a way of life.....like 5 miles behind us. We told them not to worry...we have roof sprinklers so we're ok, but I don't think they bought that. :rofl:
    Now, from their house in Woonsocket (far NE corner or RI) to Westerly in the far SW corner is 59 miles. I pointed out a peak south of us and told Jim that it is 65 miles away from where we were standing in our back yard.......and still in Missoula County. He just couldn't comprehend that.
    Rhode Island is 1045 square miles.....Missoula County is 3,120 square miles. Do the math...our county is about 3 times larger than their entire state.
    Tomorrow we are taking them up to Glacier National Park and going across the Going To The Sun Highway. This is NOT a road for people afraid of heights or 4000 foot drop off's with no guard rails or retaining walls. So we haven't told them yet what it is like. They may never come back to visit us, but I'm sure they will tell all their friends about us Montanan's and how crazy we are. 8)
    I'll let you know if they survive. ;)
  2. de_wrong_deal

de_wrong_deal Cheesehead

Aug 10, 2008