1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Six Questions Trom Probably Won't Answer.

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by PackOne, May 10, 2008.

1. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    1. Are you a pet lover? Yes/No? How many? If not, why?

2. What is the perfect temperature for you? Sixty five and sunny? Eighty?

3. What is the best book you have ever read?

4. If you had to pick a charity to devote more time to, what would it be?

5. When growing up did you build forts? Inside/Outside?

6. Who was your best friend in grade school? Are you still friends?

#85. What memories do you cherish? Not just interpersonal, but in general. For me it was playing golf with my father.

127,656. Do you like Batman? Or is SuperMan way cooler?

2. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    1. I am a pet lover, I have a black and white cat.

2. Seventy and sunny, even in the sixties and sunny.

3. Just read Green Bay Packers, the Complete Illustrated History, a fairly new book. Checked it out of my library.

4. The local food shelf.

5. I built snow forts.

6. I really had some friends, still see them sometimes.

7. Memories I cherish, the Packers winning SB XXXI and this last season.

8. Batman, because he had a cool TV show in the sixties and drove a cool car, the batmobile. :)

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    1. I'm a dog lover. We only have one. The thing i hate is, they don't live long enough......I become way too attached to them, then they die, and I end up a total mess. :cry:
    2. 65 and sunny. I hate below zero temps, or when it's too hot.
    3. Other then the Bible, there have been a few i really liked. "Catcher in the Wry" (yes, it's spelled that way) by Bob Uecker was one of my faves. "Golden Boy" by Paul Hornung was good too.
    But the short stories by Patrick McManus are probably my tops. He has written several books, like "The bear that ate goomba", "Real ponies don't go oink", "The grasshopper trap" and several more. I usually end up laughing out loud. He's a real good writer.
    4. Charity.........i try to give to help disabled Veterans. I wish i could do more for them. They gave so much, so that we could enjoy the freedoms we have.
    5. I built snow forts (outside of course!) and camped in the backyard with a tent my folks bought us. Back then it was safe to do that. Now, i wouldn't spend a night in a tent in that neighborhood.......it's really gone downhill. It's sad for me to see it as it is now.
    6. Dean Winklemann. His family moved to the north side of Milwaukee when I was about 9, and I only saw him a few times after that. I was devastated. The last time i saw him was about 30 years ago.
    #85. Summer vacations with my family in northern Wisconsin. November of 1973, getting to deer hunt with my Dad. (he died 2 months later)
    Graduating college. My Mom died a year and a half before i graduated, but she told me how proud my Dad would have been for me, being the only one that ever went to college.

BATMAN!!! I liked Superman (i liked the red "S" on his chest) but Batman was tops for me.

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Yes, 1 cat (Jake).

2. 65 and cloudy. That way I can go outside and play some basketball without the sunshine killing me.

3. See Spot Run.

4. It'd be a local one that helps to feed the homeless.

5. Definitely, inside mostly. Used all sorts of things, from chairs to boxes to bedsheets.

6. Probably my imaginary friend, Walter. Doesn't respond much these days. (Being serious: Mike, have talked to him like twice in the past 10-11 years)

#85. Probably staying alone at home with just dad for about a month while my mother and sister went abroad. Those were unique times, just my dad and I.

127,656. Tough question, character depth wise definitely Batman. But just to rile up trom, and because I suspect Superman was based off of Greg Jennings, I'm going to say Superman over-all. He was invincible (...minus the kryptonite). He also didn't have a little male side-kick that opened the possibility to ****-pedophilia like a certain dark knight... *waits for trom to rip me a new one*

5. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought maybe this was just for Trom to answer, but since everyone else is answering I am to.. :)

1). I am a dog lover, I have two very special dogs, who make my life so happy.

2). The perfect temperature for me is around 79 or 80, I love the sun and warm. One thing that I dont miss living in WI is the snow and cold temperatures. But I hope to experience them someday soon when moving back to my home which I miss so much.

3). The best book I have ever read was anything by Brett or Deanna Favre, infact I have read all the books more then once.

4). St. Judes kids with cancer, I wished so much that I had lots of money to donate because I sure would and then I could try and make a difference.

5). When my sister, brother and I were young we used to build snow forts, as kids we used to fight which was normal, but if only I could have those years back, I wouldnt fight with them at all, my family is my life and we dont realize this until we get older how important family truly is.

6). I had many best friends through the years, there is still one friend that I am in contact with, but with her busy life and mine we dont talk near as much.

85). ?? Where did 7-84 go? LOL....I have many memories with my family, we just to take long driving vacations my parents at that time could not afford hotels so we would drive straight through and be on the road three days straight, but those were very special times in my life because my brother, sister and mom would be sleeping and I would stay awake with my Dad just talking, I didnt want to miss any state signs or states that we went through, every morning we would find a wayside along the road and my Dad would make us all breakfast frying eggs, toast, sausage etc..on an open grill. Another memory would have to be meeting Ed and our very special wedding day when the Minister asked Ed "do you love this woman" and he said "absolutely" I will never forget that and also having my son 14 at the time give me away. Also when my son was born, what a miracle that was and still is. Just watching Jake(my son) grow through the years into a great, caring individual its such a blessing that he came into my life, we have been through so many things together, our bond can never be broken. I have Christmas memories and believe in santa til I was 13 years old, my parents would so good at pulling that off. Just being with family taking vacations or sitting at home are memories that I cherish dearly and wont ever forget.

127,656). I missed some questions along the way I guess..LOL.. Batman I dont know why.

6. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Come'on, you know squirrels and I are best buddies. I like dogs too, but don't want another one.

2. Either 20 below zero or 100 above. Anything inbetween is crappy.

3. "The Complete Guide to Do It Yourself Surgery." With 14 orthopedic surgeries in the past 15 years, I'm getting pretty good at it.
    Really,.....anything by James Patterson or Robert B. Parker.

4. Probably some local charity. Too many times with large charities you don't really know where the $$ is going. The local BRF (Bob's Retirement Foundation) is up and running and looking for donations.

5. I still build forts.....wanna make something of it? I've just about completed Fort DeadSquirrel which will have all the latest technology known to mankind in the war on squirrels.

6. I don't remember grade school. My best friend and I still keep in touch somewhat when I get back to Milwaukee. Ooooops.....he doesn't live in Milwaukee anymore. Scratch him.

85. Summers up at Eagle River. Waterskiing, fishing, chasing the girls in downtown Eagle River, getting beat up by their boyfriends/husbands.

127,656. Neither. Wonder Woman is way cooler.

7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Had 2 dogs. Had to get rid of one because it was retarded.

2. 55-60 and foggy.

3. Jim Goad's Redneck Manifesto. Great book, and very funny. Or Edward Abbey's Hayduke Lives. That was funny too. Or maybe Hunter S Thompson's The Curse of Lono. That was hilarious as well.

4. A scholarship foundation.

5. Both

6. They kept changing. We moved a lot.

85. Too many to list

last one - Superman. I don't trust Batman. He's too crazy.

8. ElleBlue

ElleBlue Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I'm a dog lover. I don't have one though. I like cats too, but I'm extremely allergic.

75 to 80 degrees and sunny is the perfect day.

Hard to say. I read the original Les Miserables book. It is a real page turner. I liked a novel called the Skull Society. It is not the same as the movie. I also read factual books such as a book on the Spanish Inquisition and how exactly the Titanic sunk.

Anything Brett Favre is involved in (so I can get close to him). All kidding aside, I'm really into helping the homeless. That is my number 1 charity.

We built forts in the local junkyard (I grew up in the city).

Alicia. My best friend and I are still really great friends, although she lives out of state.

#85. What memories do you cherish? Not just interpersonal, but in general. For me it was playing golf with my father.

Going to games with my entire family. We went to football games, hockey and baseball games. Also Christmas and Thanksgiving were always done up really big at our house.

Hard to say. When I was a kid Batman ruled, but now that I'm older Superman kicks major a__!"

9. mkapp

mkapp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

2 dogs (Packer and Cody), 2 cats. Prefer the dogs over the cats.

70-75 sunny with a slight breeze and a cold beer

What It Takes To Be #1 - Lombardi Jr

Any of them - we all should do more.

Yep, both inside and out.

It changed so much depending on age and what school I was in.

#85. What memories do you cherish? Not just interpersonal, but in general.

Hiking and fishing with my dad.

Ugh comic books, really? I didnt read them as a kid so never developed a following.

10. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I invented forts.

11. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Yes, currently have dog and cat(for which love is too strong, but I do tolerate)
    2. 75
    3. Bonfires of the Vanities
    4. Alzheimer's Research
    5. Both
    6. Don't remember, but Bob from Jr. High and High School is still a friend.
    7. Camping with family and extended family(grandparents, Aunt/Uncle and Cousin) for several weeks every summer.

12. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    1. Lover? not really. Like dogs but don't have one. Would not be fair considering how unpredictable my schedule is.

2. 72 and sunny with a brief shower around 6pm. Set that up would you?

3. Alive. The story of the Soccer team stranded in the Andies.

4. Anything to do with kids, especially underpriviledged.

5.built a fort in the crawlspace when I was in 8th grade. Learned some new things in that fnort with my neighbor.....female neighbor that is.

6. Dave K. We keep in touch but drifted apart. Learned he was beating his girlfriend when we were in high school. I didn't know at the time.

7. Spending time talking to my dad while he cooked chicken on the grill for supper. It was really the only time I had his undivided attention. Also, playing golf everyday as a kid with my buddy Chris Dykstal. nicknamed "****". We also played hockey together all through childhood and highscool. Still very close with all my high school buddies.

127,656. Batman. WAAAAAAAAY cooler. He has a little mean streak and a dark side to him. Chicks dig that.

13. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    sheesh, leave it to a GIRL to miss all those questions. You didn't test well as a kid did you Heathie? :p

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Trippster.........your last name isn't "GACY", is it????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

15. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Guess I didnt, I surely missed lots of these questions..LOL..its faster that way, miss a few here that there and skip right to the end.. :)

16. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    1: Yes. 2 dogs, 2 cats, several fish and a lizard I caught in my backyard.
    2: Cool and cloudy. I hate spending the summer squinting and sweating.
    3: Cosmos, by Carl Sagan.
    4: Big Brothers.
    5: Yes. Both.
    6: Captain Winky. Absolutely.
    85: Puttering around with my grandfather, helping him fix things around his house.
    127,656: Batman - because he wasn't blessed with superpowers. He was just an ordinary guy who made himself extraordinary to fight for a cause he believed in.

17. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    His column in the back of Outdoor Life was the reason I subscribed... hysterical!